PDA

View Full Version : Steps To Get The Multiple Endings(BIG MEANY SPOILER WARNING!)

LeBlanc
01-10-2004, 12:16 PM
I figured it'd be better to do this thread once and for all! so bear with me ! :D

Multiple Endings & New Game Plus Info

Unlike its predecessor, FINAL FANTASY X-2 has six different endings that you can see.

The first ending available, the "Normal" ending, is the default ending of the game. It’s the ending you get if you go through the game quickly.

The second possible ending has one additional scene not included in the "Normal" ending. After defeating Vegnagun in Chapter 5, if you press the X button as Yuna and company leave the Farplane Glen, you will hear a whistle. A group of pyreflies will then begin to coalesce behind Yuna and a short scene will play.

• In Chapter 3 visit Chateau Leblanc at Guadosalam and speak with Ormi and Logos. They will offer to show Yuna a series of movie spheres. Once this event is over, Maechen will appear again. Speak with him for some background info on the storyline.

• After defeating Ixion at Djose Temple during Chapter 3, Yuna will fall down the hole in the Chamber of the Fayth and end up on the Farplane. After watching a cutscene with Shuyin and obtaining Crimson Spheres from Nooj and Gippal, she will be alone in a dark area. After another cutscene with Yuna yelling out loud, start pressing the X button repeatedly. You’ll hear a whistle. Keep pressing the X button until you hear three more whistles. A familiar-looking silhouette will lead Yuna out of the Farplane.

• After defeating Vegnagun, a cutscene will occur where Yuna and company will walk across a field in the Farplane on their way back outside. Press the X button to hear a whistle.

• Bahamut’s Fayth will appear after you hear this whistle. Answer "Yes!" to his question, and you will see the "Good" ending.

The third ending, the "Monkey" ending, will occur if you say "It’s better this way" to the Fayth’s question.

The fourth ending plays if you take too long defeating Vegnagun’s head. You’ll see Vegnagun destroy Spira (this is the ending for the sadist in all of us).

The final ending, the "Perfect" ending, is pretty much the same as the "Good" ending, with an additional scene thrown in at the end. To get this ending, not only do you have to perform the steps to get the "Good" ending, you also have to complete 100% of the storyline in the game.

If what we just described sounds like a daunting task, don’t worry too much. FINAL FANTASY X-2 has a New Game Plus feature that allows you to save your game data after the ending credits. Any items and gil you obtained during the first game get carried over to the new game. Any Dresspheres and Garment Grids you obtained get carried over as well, along with any abilities you learned with them. The storyline completion percentage gets carried over, so any new storyline tasks you perform get added to the total completion percentage.

P.S: the subject's been taken from Square-Enix,shoot my face!~

What's the "Monkey"ending any way? :mad:

eternalshiva
01-13-2004, 10:12 PM
umm, that's already posted in the main site ... well as soon as site staff is finished. MAybe this should become the FAQ thread?

Mods?

ps good job LeBlanc!

unknown88
01-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Thank you love! :D

I wanna see Vegnagun destroy Spira!!!!!

eternalshiva
01-14-2004, 02:08 AM
He only destroys Spira if you don't beat Shuyin before he says his seven lines in battle.

Summoner Adviser
05-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the help, I really needed it. I was pretty much stuck with the normal ending because I wasn't sure what to do, and the official guidebook didn't help at all. So thanks again!

Summoner Adviser

Del Murder
05-22-2005, 07:01 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48079

Feel free to post any info that isn't already in that thread.