PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced freezing in FFX-2?

Hibiya
01-11-2004, 05:21 AM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm stuck in FFX-2. What happens is when I load my game it freezes for around two seconds and then shows this error message. I called SquareEnix and they said that others have gotten this error message and I have to restart my game or load from a different save and others have had the same complaint (great tech support). I'm 50 hours into the game and really don't want to restart. I'm wondering if any of you have seen something like this.

I get the following error.

*ASSERT*
SG:[ ]ASSERT(bch)

file=src/chr/chevent.ac:580
caller=(163698)
caller2=(14b004)

pictures of this error are here
http://65.80.88.102/Anime/Picture_0003.png
to see the full TV
http://65.80.88.102/Anime/Picture_0006.png

(if the pictures above don't work then that means my ip has changed. I'm hosting this from my computer at home.)

When this error is displayed, the music still plays, but the sound is repeated over and over.

I also put this on gamefaqs and I got flamed the second I did by these know-it-alls.

"Final Fantasy can't freeze!" "you can't get an error on a PS2!!!" "PS2 is perfect" "It would be impossible to write code that when it encounters an error tell what's going on and show the IRQ" "It wouldn't make sense to program in an error message so that the company could fix the error when it is found by beta testers." Even when I posted a picture I got. "You photoshopped that!"

I've worked in computers (mostly software as a software engineer) all my life and know that it IS possible to make a program spit out an error message when it encounters a soft error.

Thank you for your help.

Doomgaze
01-11-2004, 08:33 AM
I had it freeze once, but there was no error message.

as i recall, I scanned someone and then tried to change my dresssphere, and it froze when it tried to open that screen.

That said, gamefaqs is a hive of scum and villainy. Great guides and all, but some of the worst forums ever to exist.

crono_logical
01-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Probably a bug in the game software, if that's all Squeenix is telling you to do, and more likely in the way it saves/loads games, if loading a different save fixes it :p

Originally posted by Hibiya
"Final Fantasy can't freeze!"Said people haven't tried the Relm glitch in FF6 then, as the first well-known console FF crash I can think of :D

BatChao
01-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Yes. The game does have a few bugs that causes it to lock up. I've never gotten an error message though... My game froze on me twice both times during battle. Not sure exactly what caused it, but it doesn't happen all the time. Your copy may be damaged. Try exchanging it. That's the best advice I can give you. Don't mind those crazies at GameFaqs.