PDA

View Full Version : Marbule Ghosts = Nu's?

scottwardADD
01-12-2004, 06:06 AM
Is it just me or do the ghosts in Marbule look like Nu's? They do to me, with there large bodies and how they're arms protrude and such.

.3n!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Those are Lagoonates. You fight them when they materialize during the Marbule restoration. They look nothing like Nu.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Nu: round, fat, stupid, and useless

Lagoonate: sleek, cool, and WILL KICK YOUR ASS! (not really, but they really come in handy in the battle against Janice)

Cyn
02-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I imagine the Beach Bums are supposed to represtent Nus. When you go into the Viper Manor library's hidden room and find the broken down Epoch, there's one standing in front of it.

ForeverZeroUltima
02-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Cyn
I imagine the Beach Bums are supposed to represtent Nus. When you go into the Viper Manor library's hidden room and find the broken down Epoch, there's one standing in front of it.

WHAT?! what are you talking about? and there wasn't a library, was there? Or are you talking about Radical Dreamers?

Cyn
02-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ForeverZeroUltima
WHAT?! what are you talking about? and there wasn't a library, was there? Or are you talking about Radical Dreamers?

In Chrono Cross, in Viper's Manor, after unlocking the door to the main hall, you take a left and cross a bridge, which leads into the library. That's where you meet the Prophet of Time and have a boss fight with Marcy. If you return to Viper Manor later on, there is a hidden door on the main floor of the library. There's a curved desk by the far wall. Go behind it and keep hitting X until a message comes up. The door opens and you're asked if you want to go down a ladder. Down there is the ruins of the Epoch and a Beach Bum (supposed to be a Nu, as I said) which doesn't do much more than ask if you want to change your name. If you climb onto the Epoch and look into the pit, you can get one of the "Frames" that the game has hidden all over.

Next time you play it, give it a try. It's definitely a cool moment, although I wish it had more of a purpose than just to serve as a nostalgic thing for those who played Chrono Trigger.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2004, 01:53 AM
That's not the Epoch. It's the Neo-Epoch Balthasar mentions late in the game. Notice that it only has one seat.

ForeverZeroUltima
02-23-2004, 01:34 AM
cool! *goes and tries that*

Chibi Youkai
02-27-2004, 12:26 AM
That is intreging.

Back on topic, they kinda do look like Nus on first glance, but not later on.