PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice this?

K-chan
01-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey, has anyone ever noticed that none of the characters ever say "Tidius" all thru FFX and FFX-2? How come?

TheAbominatrix
01-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Because the name Tidus is optional. You can rename the character, seeing as you control him (in X at least), so if you rename Tidus as 'Jack', it would make no sense for everyone to be refering to him as Tidus.

penance
01-13-2004, 02:31 PM
do you ever think well see the day when the game can pronounce whatever name you give your charactor without it sounding lame or weird?

m4tt
01-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by penance
do you ever think well see the day when the game can pronounce whatever name you give your charactor without it sounding lame or weird?

That would probably be too much of a pain to have every single voice actor say every possible name that they could think of. x_x

CactuarKing
01-13-2004, 03:00 PM
And you would probably get some wiseguy entering a load of gobbledegook just to see what the game said!!

Flare_Star
01-15-2004, 08:19 PM
"hey supercalafragalisticexpealidocious! lets kill these fien-*dies*"

Flying Mullet
01-15-2004, 08:33 PM
But it would be fun when you name your character "my balls" or something of the sort.

AuronsLoveChild
01-16-2004, 10:18 PM
"Are the names Poo and Ass taken?"

10pts and a Rename Card for anyone who can remeber where that quote came from...

TheAbominatrix
01-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by AuronsLoveChild
"Are the names Poo and Ass taken?"

10pts and a Rename Card for anyone who can remeber where that quote came from...

The Simpsons. Homer's perfect game episode, and later he bonded with Maggie, the forgotten Simpson.

AuronsLoveChild
01-17-2004, 12:37 AM
congrats, you earned a useless Rename Card.

TheAbominatrix
01-17-2004, 02:58 AM
Yay!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-17-2004, 10:22 PM
T h e A b o m i n a t r i x

T h e A b o m i n a t r i _

T h e A b o m i n a t r _ _

T h e A b o m i n a t _ _ _

T h e A b o m i n a _ _ _ _

T h e A b o m i n _ _ _ _ _

T h e A b o m i _ _ _ _ _ _

T h e A b o m _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T h e A b o _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T h e A b _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T h e A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T h e _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T h _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T r _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T r e _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T r e n _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

T r e n t _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Confirm

pixie_demon
01-20-2004, 06:57 AM
they might be able to get the game to say any name you type in if they just got the voice actors to record the sounds of all the letters of the alphabet. then they could just mix the sounds of all the letters together and VOILA! you would have the game saying your name. but i guess that would be a pain in the ass for most languages except english, what with accents on letters an all.

but a definate possiblity. some names it would have trouble with. like my name 'Shyne' because it isnt spelt in a conventional way (y instead of i) there might be a few pronouciation problems.

shakeelw
01-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Actually, the technology does exist and is being used in certain entertainment sowftware. If any of you have had a chance to download and play around with a software called Bonzi Buddy, you'll get to understand it better. Just search for it on Google or any search engine and try it out. It'll be fun. However, to get the correct pronunciation of certain non-English words, you'll have to write the words phonetically.
So, I don't think it'll be that hard for the programmers at Square to add this extremely cool feature in future FF's. Who knows, this might even open the doors to FF's with the functionality of allowing players to create a customized version for themselves and their friends.
(Waiting anxiously forsomething like that!) :)

Shakeel

TheAbominatrix
01-28-2004, 08:12 AM
That tech has been around for a long time, but it doesnt sound natural. It sounds like 'robot speak'.

Peegee
01-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Isn't bonzi buddy packed full of haxware?

TheAbominatrix
01-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Yes it is. But that's not the point. Programs like cheetachat and some Word-esque programs have the same talking function.

shakeelw
01-28-2004, 09:51 AM
It's better than nothing. With a little more work, it could be improved, I guess.:choc:

TheAbominatrix
01-28-2004, 09:53 AM
If voice acting sounded like that I'd have my tv on permenant mute.