PDA

View Full Version : Important technical question

DMKA
01-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Ok, my sis sent me FFX-2 as a late X-Mas present and I was super happy. I just got my PS2 the day afer xmas so its not old at ALL. Anyway, I reset the game to show my friend the intro FMV and it freezes right when you see the blitzball stadium:mad2:. SO I figure "well it can't be the game cause its brand new maybe the consolw is screwed" so I take back my PS2 and exchange it for a new one...

Anyway, I turn it on today and begin playing, and in the middle of a boss battle...IT FROZE!:mad2::mad2::mad2:. Has anyone else had and freezing problems? I never saw any PS2 game freeze and I'm sad that mine is, and now I'm tempted to exchange my PS2 again (a word of advice - don't buy a game console from Walmart).:mad2:

SomethingBig
01-14-2004, 10:38 PM
It sometimes skips when the girls are changing, but it's most likely my PS2.

unknown88
01-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Never had that problem, and my console is pretty old, unless new consoles are having that problem you should check your game a bit closer, maybe it has a scratch (it happens a lot). A lot of games come scratched. These things happen.

DMKA
01-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Well this will sound crazy to most people, but I wiped the disk down with Pledge (the wood polish stuff) and it hasn't froze since.

It had to be the game, because my console never froze on any other game.

cykak
01-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah every so often my game actually freezes too. Kinda sux but it doesn't happen that much. Sony actually gave me a new refurbished PS2 after 3 trips in fixing the lense. :mad:

It usually freezes when I'm doing way too much like changing dress spheres and doing a lot of special moves. :o

ChibiInuYasha
01-18-2004, 02:56 AM
Mine froze for the first time today during a changing sequence. It also slows way down alot before during and after changing sequences. :mad2:

DMKA
01-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Clean the disk with Pledge, wether its dirty or barnd new or whatever...trust me it works.