PDA

View Full Version : Just started the game and need help

Tabby
01-16-2004, 01:46 AM
How do fight random battles in this game? It's set up differently from other FFs so I can't run around hoping for random encounters to help me level up. I keep dying at Dorter because my people are so low because so far I've only fought the three battles at Gariland, Mandalia, and Sweegy Woods. I searched around for FAQs online and they all said that after the first battles you should be able to get random encounters at those two places but so far that hasn't happened.:( I feel so stupid and have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

DocFrance
01-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Every time you pass through a green dotted location (like Mandalia and Sweegy), you have a chance of getting a random battle. So keep moving back and forth over those locations and eventually you'll get into a battle.

And for Dorter (which can be pretty tough for new players), I'd suggest using two wizards and a priest. Since it's raining in this battle, the wizards' Bolt attacks will do more damage. I'd also suggest making Ramza a knight, and have Delita and Algus be archers.

Tabby
01-16-2004, 04:54 PM
So if I keep walking back and forth between Mandalia and Sweegy I should be able to get into a random battle eventually? And same goes for any other two places with green dots? Okay, thank you so much.