PDA

View Full Version : Max levels ffII Japan?

RDixon
01-16-2004, 06:56 PM
How do you get your spell level to 16?
I got flare and ultima to level 13 with 2 point to go to make level 14 and it stopped giving points.
Even the behemoth right before the final boss didn't raise it.
I was able to max out the weapons skill levels to 16 only by using the select/cancel trick on bosses close to the end of the game.

DJZen
01-17-2004, 12:29 AM
The behemoth won't make your spell leveling any faster than a leg eater. Remember, a spell's growth rate is dependant on the level of the spell, not on the enemy you're fighting.

RDixon
01-17-2004, 03:21 AM
I was leveling up the flares and the ultima spell outside of Phin. From level one to level ten I got one skill point per select/cancel and two points per use.
At level 10 it stopped giving points outside of phin so I started working on the spells outside of the jade portal.
That worked the same way; one point per select/cancel and two points per use up to level 13.
At level 13 with 98 skill points it stopped raising.
No enemies inside the jade portal or inside Pandemonium Castle raised them any more no matter how many times I used them or select/canceled.
I had already been through the portal and most of the way through the castle so there wasn't any mini boss's left guarding chests to use for leveling.
The only spells I was able to raise to 16 was cure and change.