PDA

View Full Version : fav. ultimate sword

Ultima_Paladin
01-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Mine has to be the Masamune, because I simply like the name and I think it looks awesome. It's also the weapon Sephy uses.

crono_logical
01-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Cid's Mop in FF7. *nods* Maybe Cloud's nailbat too, that works well with Climhazard. :p

DocFrance
01-17-2004, 01:40 AM
The Illumina. Last I checked, it's the only weapon in any FF that has a chance of casting Holy when it hits. And Holy is a kick-ass spell.

Outsider
01-17-2004, 04:44 AM
It's not really an ultimate sword, but I vote for the Deathbringer.

The coolest name for a sword, ever.

Mo-Nercy
01-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Lionheart. That's a mighty cool name. Although, it's not really a sword.

i90east
01-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Illumina. Name another sword that has a maxed out battle power stat, greatly improves your characters evasion stat and randomly casts Pearl. I can't imagine why this sword is not in the poll. Oh well.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
The Illumina. Last I checked, it's the only weapon in any FF that has a chance of casting Holy when it hits. And Holy is a kick-ass spell.

actually, in FFVI, Illumina is NOT the only weapon that can cast Holy! Edgar and Mog can use a spear called Holy Lance which *surprise, surprise* randomly casts Holy!
i know, it's not a sword, but DocFrance said "weapon". oh well

my favorite? Ragnarok! in FFVI it randomly casts Flare, and in FFVII it is a sweet-ass sword that looks a bit like Einlanzer in Chrono Cross!! :D

Enoki
01-18-2004, 05:00 AM
Lion Heart-- Squall FF8

TheSpoonyBard
01-18-2004, 04:00 PM
I voted for Cloud's Ultima Weapon. It's a huge sword (big bonus) and it changes colour! How cool is that?! Hmph, wish my sword did that...

katana
01-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Ultima_Paladin
Mine has to be the Masamune, because I simply like the name and I think it looks awesome. It's also the weapon Sephy uses.

Uhh...you know what the masamune is right? There was a legendary swordsmith named masamune, and he created a katana named after himself, which was said to have life. His rival, Murumasa, made a sword named after himself too, but this sword was said to corrupt its wielder and eventually drive itself into him. There was another legend that putting both swords in a stream, passing leaves would go near the masamune and veer off course, and leaves would go straight through the murumasa, cutting them in half.
Anyway, I picked the masamne, because I love the way Final fantasy is keeping the legend and putting it in most of the games. I also liked the fact that Murumasa was in FFX at least, but Masamune was still better. Not to mention it looked really cool.

escobert
01-28-2004, 02:49 AM
excalibur. It's just a kick ass sword!

Stayin Dizzy
01-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by katana
and he created a katana named after himself, which was said to have life. His rival, Murumasa, made a sword named after himself too, but this sword was said to corrupt its wielder and eventually drive itself into him. There was another legend that putting both swords in a stream, passing leaves would go near the masamune and veer off course, and leaves would go straight through the murumasa, cutting them in half..

actually Masamune created MANY swords, and they are all Masamune swords. This is all the info I've gathered on them. I'd give props to the all the sites I've researched, but I don't have them, so meh.

MASAMUNE, The Greatest Sword Smith Of All Time
Masamune's familiar name is Goro Nyudo. He lived around the 13th century (Kamakura period) and died sometime in the 14th century. Masamune is the best known sword smith in Japan of all time, and a well-known philosopher

MURAMASA, The Cursed Sword smith
I actually had a hard time finding information on Muramasa, so there's not a whole lot I know about him. Muramasa was a Japanese student studying the art of sword-making. Muramasa lived during the 16th century (Muromachi period). He wished to recreate Masamune's work, but he failed. In the Japanese bujutsu there is a saying: satsujinken katsujinken. Roughly translated, this means 'The sword that kills, the sword that gives life'.

MURASAME AND THE MASAMUNE, The Cursed Combination
An anime called The Hakkenden, The Legend of The Dog Warriors uses the Murasame in their story. The Final Fantasy series, Chrono Cross, and a few other games have this sword somewhere in them.

In Japan, two "magical" blades exist. These are Masamune (Mah-sah-moo-nay) and Murasame (Mer-ah-sah-may) swords. If you put the two blades in a river with floating leaves, the Masamune blade would repel the leaves and let them flow safely down the stream, while the Murasame blade would attract and cut them up. The Murasame blade is supposedly cursed, but very powerful. It is so innately cold, that water disperses off it when drawn and exposed to air. This test symbolizes the two periods and how chaotic the Muromachi period was.

Halenite
02-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
The Illumina. Last I checked, it's the only weapon in any FF that has a chance of casting Holy when it hits. And Holy is a kick- spell.

Actually in FFIV it was called Pearl.

Anyway, I voted for Auron's Masamune.

Endless
02-02-2004, 11:53 PM
I like Firebrand (SaGa Frontier 2), but it's not restrictive. LoM has the most powerful swords since you can forge them yourself and name them whatever you like. xD
The Mana Sword/Rusty Sword gets my vote, for the evolutions and added effects you can get.

SomethingBig
02-04-2004, 11:12 PM
I voted for other. The Ragnarok in FFVI was great, seeing as how it randomly casts flare.

zacks_clone
02-05-2004, 02:21 AM
the stuff about marasame and murasame i didnt know.Its pretty neat.You learn something new every day,and you two just made me abit more inteligent!:D

I voted Marasame.I love the stuff you guys brought up about it...and Sephiroths sword was my favorite for its being able to be diffrent.

Omega_x
02-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Man it's all about the excalibur from FFT, powerful sword, plus it automatically casts haste on the weilder. With the two-sord ability equipping two can make you virtually unstopable

luke webster
02-05-2004, 01:05 PM
I voted Masamune because it kicks , but i also like Sephiroths sword or the Deathbringer from FFX. Also, the A-blade which Auron can have is pretty useful (it lets you steal Ability Spheres).:chop:

Flare_Star
02-05-2004, 02:18 PM
I like the nail bat from FFVII. It just looks cool.

That said, the world champion is the most bizzare weapon i have ever seen. Wakka must have sliced hos arm off around 10000000000 times now.