PDA

View Full Version : Emulator That Is Compatatble With a Game Pad!

Thunday Man
01-17-2004, 05:50 AM
does anyone know where i can get a emulator where i can use my GP? PM me please, cause posting it may be against the TOS

Doomgaze
01-17-2004, 05:54 AM
For what system?

crono_logical
01-17-2004, 03:18 PM
I can use my gamepad in all emulators I use. Have you installed the pad correctly in Windows and it shows up fine in the Game Controller part of the Control Panel, and testing it in there also shows the buttons/motion is correct? If so, then it's just a matter of configuring the keys the emulator uses, instead of using the keyboard when you configure them, press the appropriate button on the gamepad.

Rainecloud
01-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Guu's right. There is nearly always a gamepad option present in your emulator. It wouldn't be emulating the original console very well if it didn't have that particular option, would it?

Shoyku
01-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Rainecloud
It wouldn't be emulating the original console very well if it didn't have that particular option, would it? I don't know about you, but I don't remember a NES having a reconfigure keys option. :aimdumb:

Thunday Man
01-17-2004, 05:46 PM
SNES please. im using ZSNES

EDIT:Got it working, thanks anyways for trying guys! :D

Citizen Bleys
01-18-2004, 05:00 PM
ZSNES has had gamepad support since 1996. I was using one of those old POS Gravis pads that look like a SNES controller but without the start, select, L, and R buttons.

EDIT: Actually, it might have been 1997. But it had it then for sure, because I remember using it while I was still living in Alberta, and I moved to Halifax in June '98.