PDA

View Full Version : Who deserves to kill Sephiroth? [SPOILERS]

ForeverZeroUltima
01-17-2004, 10:35 PM
ok, who do you really think deserves to kill Sephiroth in the end? (and please, try not to vote for Cloud for no reason ;))
and please state your reason for your choice
and if you choose "Other", please tell who

oh yeah, and i'm not voting yet, i'll vote later because i don't want anyone to be influenced by what i think

Zifnab
01-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Probably Cloud or Tifa. They had the most loss from him.

Stayin Dizzy
01-18-2004, 01:46 AM
I voted other. I think there were 3 characters that deserved to kill Sephiroth.

1: Cloud obviously--The mind control, the pain, the suffering, the putting him in a wheelchair all crazy (well, that was the lifestream really huh), the having him almost kill his g/f, etc

2: Tifa--1st he shanks her after she graciously guided him through the mountain. Then he kills off her family and townsfolk. Then he messes with the dude she loves, and to top it all of, shes really passionate about savin the planet.

3:Aeris--Dude, he killed her! Theres more but ill save it

and why i picked other:
Professor Gast deserves to kill him, well 1st Hojo then Seph
Vincent deserves to kill him
Any Seph clones deserve to kill him
Clouds mom...just because I'd like to see her lay the smack down
Bugenhagen deserves to stomp his ass

And most importantly...THE PLANET should be the one who kills Sephiroth. How that would work I dont know, but the planet should smote him...or any of the weapons that protect the planet

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-18-2004, 01:59 AM
The guy with the truck who had to put up with two creepy hitchhikers--one of whom simply refusing to shut up--because Sephiroth couldn't properly dispose of them.

krissy
01-18-2004, 04:38 AM
elena because he kills her bf

katana
01-18-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm the only one who voted Vincent? He has a duty to find and kill Hojo and Sephiroth, because he can't rest until he's "attoned for his sins". Killing Sephiroth is the reason he joined your party.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-18-2004, 09:29 PM
hey i was originally gonna vote for vincent too! Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent always comprise my party whenever i reach the end of Disc 3.

and what the heck?! someone voted for YUFFIE????

katana
01-19-2004, 03:56 AM
MY party is a mix between Red XIII, Cloud, Vincent, Yuffie, or Cid.

Now I can see that Cid might have been mad that the space program was overlooked again because of Sephiroth, but later in the game it shouldnt matter. And Barret, Yuffie, Red XIII, Cait Sith, uh why?

mestupkid99
01-19-2004, 04:24 AM
Mind you, Don Corneo does take a large plunge and dies, (didn't think it to be too much a spoiler) but that doesn't mean he shouldn'thave a chance at old Seph, too! I mean, c'mon, if he can get Cloud in the sack, I'm sure he can have a whack at Sephiroth. ;)

But in all seriousness, Vincent would be my pick. Like katana said, he had to "attone for his sin". Pretty good way to attone for any sin is to shoot it or turn into some sort of creepy frankstein man and shock the hell out of it.

TheAbominatrix
01-19-2004, 04:31 AM
Definitly Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent. Cloud and Tifa had their lives turned upside down by Sephiroth. Cloud lost his mom, if I remember right... he was basically tortured, and his entire psyche was torn up because of what Sephiroth did. Tifa lost her dad (which is even worse after having lost her mom), was nearly murdered, and then basically lost Cloud, even though she manages to get the real him back eventually.

Vincent wasnt effected by anything Sephiroth did, really, but the attonement thing that has been mentioned is very true. He's still intertwined with Seph, unlike the rest of the group.

katana
01-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Well, Ive been replaying it, and during one scene Vincent says:
"To kill the son of that beutiful woman...Am I about to commit another sin? But maybe this is atonement for just watching"
Interesting

Silent Warrior
01-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Vincent does, 'cuz he's badass. :cool: Oh, and what Katana mentioned.

m4tt
01-27-2004, 02:57 PM
no1 bcuz sephiroth rools!!!1

§håd0w
01-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Gau
no1 bcuz sephiroth rools!!!1

:jap:

I'm thinking this thread needs marked on it.

zacks_clone
01-27-2004, 10:46 PM
I believe Cloud finnalying being able to kill Sephiroth is right,because no one else had such a living hell as he did.He was a puppet of Sephiroth and Jenova,and to finnaly beat the man that had used him and destroyed him so much was truly right and perfect.

But,if not Cloud,then Zack.Zack for the resons because he was going to be one of the clones for Sepgiroth.Perhaps Zack and Cloud should have done it together,but it wasnt posable

Aerith_FF7
02-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Cloud, becuase no one deserves to be confused as much as he was. Aeris manily from my opinion because, yes he killed her, and still one of the tragic, emotional scequences of rpg history.............

The Man
02-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi
The guy with the truck who had to put up with two creepy hitchhikers--one of whom simply refusing to shut up--because Sephiroth couldn't properly dispose of them. rofl

Originally posted by masamune1287
I'm thinking this thread needs marked on it. I agree.

And... bleh. Sephiroth deserves to be able to kill Jenova, actually, since it's mostly Jenova's fault that he's so ed up. :o But that's a rant for another day.

I'm gonna go with Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris. For obvious reasons. :p

RyuuRaigeki
02-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Though Cloud (or Vincent maybe...) deserves it most, I voted Zack, just because. Even if he's dead like the poll said. Rather, because he's dead like the poll said. :D

OH! I know! Cloud can kill Sephiroth. Then when his sould gets to the Lifestream, Zack can kick him around again! ^__^ I'm sure Zack's in there somewhere.

Aphelion
02-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Zack's spirit! Hey, I'm just kidding. I vote for Tifa because Seph burned Nibel. Cloud has no right to kill him (haha).

zacks_clone
02-17-2004, 07:31 PM
You know,i think Zack and Cloud both ended up killing Sephiroth in the end.You never know,Zack could have been inside Cloud still,somewhere,helping him through all that.:p ;)

Course,you know,out of the characters left living,well,Cloud was the one and only guys!and these polls and topics dont change what happened,so no wars in here.(seen afew posts that have made me twitch)

§håd0w
02-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Dark Dragon Knight
I vote for Tifa because Seph burned Nibel. Cloud has no right to kill him (haha).

That's a little bit contradictory buddy :p

ForeverZeroUltima
02-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
That's a little bit contradictory buddy :p

really XD

y'know, Cloud...(or was it Zack, or both?) lived in Nibelheim, too.

§håd0w
02-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Zack lived in Gongaga.

escobert
02-21-2004, 05:19 PM
I chose Vincent. It was his purpose for living pretty much.

Malock
02-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I think that Cloud should kill sephiroth not Areith or Zack because they're both dead lol and besides Cloud has the almighty BusterBlade to kick sephiroth's ass all the way back his mother Janova :)

§håd0w
02-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Your mom deserves to kill Sephiroth. :p

zacks_clone
02-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Cloud deserved to kill Sephiroth. Simple as that.

Aerith didnt.Just didnt.So what,he killed her.Thats not a good enough reson really.He freed her from the pain she would suffer later,making her forever perfection in clouds eyes.He preserved her. Sephiroth did nothing to Aerith other then kill her, and she didnt even know it was him im sure.

Tifa was ripped from a childhood friend,wounded,her father destroyed,her home burnt.She had to suffer.She watched the person she loved basicly go insane.Lost him,found him again and he didnt know her. She had resons to kill Sephiroth.More then Aerith.She suffered,Aerith didnt.Aerith had reson to kill the Shinra and Hojo really.

Vincent had NO reson to kill Sephiroth.He could kill Hojo, and there.All better really.Sephiroth was the child of his lover, why would he wish to kill his loves child?Hojo kept Vincent from seeing Lucretia,shot him,put him in a casket,altered his body,made him remember all the evils in his life,and was going to help destroy the world.Vincent had resons to kill Hojo,NOT Sephiroth.

Cid had....reson to kill the shinra(Paulmer was it??) and thats it.And the only reson he had was because they killed his dream too(with shera,but he forgave Shera).No real reson to kill anyone.

Barret was out to kill the Shinra,then sephiroth because Sephiroth wished to destroy the planet.Yeah yeah,he doesnt have a reson to kill Sephiroth really.Not a personal reson,just a general reson.Not good enough.Barret could have killed Scarlet.First,Scarlet was basicly the reson his town was destroyed,why the people left in the town hate him,why he lest his best friend and when he found him his best friend tryed to kill him,why his wife was gone, and why Marleen didnt have her real father.He should have murdered Scarlet.

Cait Sith/Reeve has no real reson to kill anyone.He worked for the Shinra, so nothing there.He was basicly helping the shinra to a point,stole from cloud.If you ask me,Cloud deserved to kill him...But not really twords the end.Cait Sith had no real reson to kill anyone.

Yuffie had no reson to kill Sephiroth,enless you count him destroying her home(under shinra command!).She has reson to get revenge on the shinra,not enough to have reveng on Sephiroth.

Red XIII had no real reson to kill Sephiroth excep to save the planet.General reson,not a personal reson really,so...not enough. He had reson to kill Hojo,for Hojo was experimenting on him.Not asmuch reson as Vincent though.

Zack had some reson.I'll admit,less than others,but more twords Sephiroth. One reson- Sepiroth was the reson he and cloud were in the test tubes.They were going to be Sephiroth CLONES.Yes,clones.They were injected with mako and jenova cells and could have Jenovas puppet,like Sephioroth and Cloud were sometimes.Zack looked up to Sephiroth,and when he burnt Clouds home, he had no respect for him.Zack lost his idol. Also, Zack would not have been dead if Sephiroth haddent gone mad because they ( cloud and Zack) would not have been missing from their test tubes,being hunted down by Shinra.Shinra wouldn’t have cared because Zack and cloud wouldn’t have been clones if Sephiroth haddent gone insane!

Cloud deserves it the most.Cloud has been used,his bodys been taken over,hes lost his memorys,lived anothers life,suffered watching many people die(ulamitly by Sephiroths hand), watched his home burn,watched Tifa be injured and so to Zack,being chased by a monster(Jenova),having the duty of stopping sephiroth,having everyone count on him(the pressure!),lossing himself in himself,getting mako poisoning, and im sure theres many more resons.ALL link back to sephiroth.ALL of them.

Other…well, no one has quite enough reson to be mentioned!

TheSpoonyBard
02-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Very detailed post there zacks_clone, and I totally agree with you (although I voted for Tifa, she has almost as much reason as Cloud). I'm going to have to restart and visit Nibelheim to see these flashbacks with Cloud and Zack....

The Man
02-22-2004, 09:36 PM
only problem with it is that it wasn't sephiroth that killed aeris, it was jenova in disguise as sephiroth. also, the spoilers weren't marked.

zacks_clone
02-23-2004, 12:47 AM
if anyone was reading down through this form, and it said 'who deserves to kill spephiroth' then they set this one up for them.

My idea was that it is actually a clone of spehiroth which jenova is controlling.but,i agree to a point.Basicly though, thats the resons so and so have to kill spehiroth/clone/jenova thing

ForeverZeroUltima
02-23-2004, 01:13 AM
darn it! someone marked this thread with spoilers! (heh...)

Chris
07-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Basically I think "almost" everybody had their own justice to serve when it comes to Sephiroth. Cloud, well you know. Barret, his whole purpose is to save world and the souls who's seeking their way back to earth. Tifa basically has the same reasons as Barret. Cid, Nanaki and Yuffie basically has the same reasons as the two previous ones.
Vincent however has his own score to settle with Sephiroth, although Sephiroth didn't know that Lucrecia was his mother...and Hojo his farther. Vincent seeks justice...targeting Sephiroth when he actually should put his fully rage on Hojo instead. Cait Sith, wants to prove that his intentions are good...and that he actually cares about others.
Aeris' adoptive mother, has the justice of her deceased daughter Aeris...who Sephiroth kill. So basically everyone has a ligit reason for justice...I mean HE is a tread to the whole world !!!

Ryth
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I say Cloud because Sephiroth,

1.Burned down Cloud's hometown
2. Killed his lover Aeris
3. He made Cloud pretty much go crazy when told him he was a failed Shinra experiment made him serve Sephy and keep mumbling "What is my number" and if he didn't go crazy he wouldn't wash up on the shore near a village and get Mako Poisoning.

§håd0w
07-20-2004, 01:41 AM
I'd figure you would've said noone, just because you seem to be a fellow Sephiroth fan.

SpiritWolf
07-20-2004, 05:44 AM
I think Cloud deserved to kill Sephiroth for reasons that were already stated, but I think it would be cool if Red was the one who got to kill Sephiroth

Polaris
07-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Aeris! Poor girl she deserves to kill him the same way that he killed her!

Ravin
07-25-2004, 02:50 AM
I'm the only one who voted Vincent? He has a duty to find and kill Hojo and Sephiroth, because he can't rest until he's "attoned for his sins". Killing Sephiroth is the reason he joined your party.

Nope Katana, your not. I'm thinking the same thing. plus Sephiroth killed Lucrecia, Vincent's true love but then again,Tifa and Cloud suffered the most from Sephiroth. Still, I think Vincent deserves to kill Sephiroth.