PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy is the best???

Jabroni1134
01-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Which FF do you think is the best???
FF I,
II,
III,
IV,
V,
VI,
VII,
VIII,
IX,
X,
XI,
XII,
FF Tactics,
FF The Spirit Within

Stayin Dizzy
01-18-2004, 01:11 AM
This thread has been done a billion times, but my favorite is definately 7, with 8,6,and 9 in a close second

Peegee
01-18-2004, 01:14 AM
FF1 is the bestester

Advent Child
01-18-2004, 01:26 AM
tactics

black orb
01-18-2004, 01:46 AM
>>> Final Fantasy I

§håd0w
01-18-2004, 02:04 AM
This is gonna turn into an all out flame fest soon.

FFVI and FFVII

BTW, you left off FF Unlimited.

Outsider
01-18-2004, 04:05 AM
FF6, FF4, and Tactics.

In that order.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-18-2004, 04:17 AM
ed's going to have a fit.

Erdrick Holmes
01-18-2004, 04:10 PM
8. Just 8. 8 had gunblades, 8 had nice animations, 8 had the best looking women, 8 had Seifer, 8 had Zell. Just 8 dammit.

TheSpoonyBard
01-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Wasn't 'The Spirits Within' a film, not a game?

I've voted for VII, purely because it was the game that introduced me to Final Fantasy, so I feel I owe it a certain favour in that respect. My second place would go to VIII, and then VI in third. Now I don't mean to provoke people into flaming, so please don't, but I feel IX was a disappointment to the series, as was X. I feel they could've been completed to a much higher standard that could rival the earlier games.

§håd0w
01-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Yea, and so is Unlimited. I figured if he was doing that TSW then Unlimited should be listed as well.

As for 8, that probably had the best graphics out of all the FFs (Apart from the PS2 games.)

Ultima_Paladin
01-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Another one of these?

Anyway...first 7,then 4, then 1,and finally 6.

Jack
01-20-2004, 09:54 PM
FF8. It was so stylised, with great characters that you actually cared for. ALL OF THEM, and noone was left by the wayside (FF7, i'm talking to you). By keeping it compact characters, it meant that veryone had story (FF6, take note). it also had the best graphics (Minus the Next-gen FFs) and I felt a cool, futuristic story that was very westernised yet still felt mature and quirky at the same time.

Next was FF7. this introduced m into them. i'd played the others, but mainly felt "meh" toward them. Then this mag was saying 2FF7, best game ever". Checked it out and got into it. then i replyed some of the old ones and i love them too. It was the story and the setting that drew me.

I hated FF9 with a passion. Simply cause it felt like a step-back in the gameplay ways. I thought FF7 was meant to be the last (Equip and learn) FFs but FF9 re-introduced this, and I thought that every FF was a step forward. Not a step back. its not that it's a rubbish game, it's just taht IMO, it is a poor FF. This might bring a flame fest, and I don't want it. renember, it is a OPINION.

Flying Mullet
01-20-2004, 09:57 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/images/smilies/mogsmile.gif Final Fantasy VI http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/images/smilies/mogsmile.gif

§håd0w
01-20-2004, 10:44 PM
FFIX's plot blew.

m4tt
01-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/images/smilies/mogsmile.gif Final Fantasy VI http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/images/smilies/mogsmile.gif

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/images/smilies/lovesmile.gif

Xander
01-20-2004, 10:57 PM
Ah the age old question. My favourite's are VII, IX and X. Don't make me choose. Pleeeease.
I like them all though, although I haven't finished any others yet. Except FFVIII. I like the characters, the music, the lovely FMVs but... the story just bores me to death -_-

Savannah
01-21-2004, 02:05 AM
VI, X, VII*

X before VII? Am I crazy? No, but the characters in VII almost drove me there. I've defended this 37574387589017590175841750 times, especially on this forum, but I liked X's characters and plot much more than VII's.

*Course, I've only played VI (not finished), VII, X, about 1/3rd of VIII and very little of IX.

Herbz7
02-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Seven, Siete, Seben, VII, I could say it in many more languages, but I think you get my drift here. FFVII started it all for most people, that I got from reading alot of peoples replies in every forum. It was also wot got me started, its my soccer number, and my favourite.
I mean, look at the story line, the greatest, no doubt, I know people are now going to start fighting with me about it, but its my opinion..so there

Final Fantasy VII

escobert
02-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Darkness
Wasn't 'The Spirits Within' a film, not a game?

I've voted for VII, purely because it was the game that introduced me to Final Fantasy, so I feel I owe it a certain favour in that respect. My second place would go to VIII, and then VI in third. Now I don't mean to provoke people into flaming, so please don't, but I feel IX was a disappointment to the series, as was X. I feel they could've been completed to a much higher standard that could rival the earlier games.

Except I didnt like VIII so my second would be I
But, other then that I completely agree.

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 08:16 AM

you bunch of ignorant knownothings

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 02:40 PM
6 is greater than 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 and VII on appeal to attention-deficit disorder (i.e. FMV's). Therefore Final Fantasy VI is the best.

*wins*

PeTeRL90
02-17-2004, 04:32 PM
It's a close call between IX and VI, but I'm gonna choose IX over VI.

FEOK
02-18-2004, 12:40 AM
I could beat FF3j a million times and still not get sick of it.

zacks_clone
02-18-2004, 02:51 AM
You could ask me this 10 years from now,and I swear it'll still be 7.I love it.Love the plot,storyline,characters.Zacks whole sotry inside the story was amazing.Iv based many fansites off this game.Iv written fanfictions,poems,drawn fanarts,dressed as one of the characters.Im even trying to spike my hair like Clouds.Yes,im a crazed fan girl...but its all for the story.Simply...amazing.Nothing more nothing less to say about it.Seven would have to be the best one in my book.

§håd0w
02-19-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by FEOK
I could beat FF3j a million times and still not get sick of it.

I never found IIIj as entertaining as the others.

Proxy
02-19-2004, 03:50 AM
I liked VII, IX and X-2

Aphelion
02-19-2004, 01:33 PM
FFIX. This was incredible. Four characters in battle, like in the old games, a very good storyline, very good characters, it was all that FFVIII couldn't be. But I like FFT, too.

Proxy
02-19-2004, 08:20 PM
oh yeah...FFT's storyline, in my opinion, tore apart FFVII's

Adeselna
02-20-2004, 01:51 PM
I don't know, but who thinks that Squall or Cloud or Tidus is cute? Everyone! So, in my opinion I think that Zell and Seifer are really cute and Zell's funny! :D :-P So tell me what do you think?

DocFrance
02-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Adeselna
I don't know, but who thinks that Squall or Cloud or Tidus is cute? Everyone! Um... I don't.

Edgar
02-21-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't know, but who thinks that Squall or Cloud or Tidus is cute? Everyone!

Oh my god, I can't believe I'm hearing this...

:mog:FFVI:mog: PWNS ALL

My list:
FFVI
FFTactics
FFIX
FFI
FFVII/FFIV
FFX
FFVIII

It was a VERY tough decision between FFX and FFVIII but I guess 3 years of burning hate still wins :P The difficulty I face was the music. I place music as one of the top prorities in gaming. FFX got...I dunno what music is that. It sounds...un-FF, except for Zanarkand and some others. FFVIII, I got to take my hats down on its music, but the...okay, I'm not gonna start any flames here :D

FFIX. This was incredible. Four characters in battle, like in the old games, a very good storyline, very good characters, it was all that FFVIII couldn't be. But I like FFT, too.

I like FFIX because it actually brings back traditional FF. I think it was until FFVI then they started to drop the idea for a while. Same reason for FFTactics.

And FF:SW...................................just.......sucks! (sorry, can't find any word to replace it =\)

BlackMateria
02-24-2004, 12:55 PM
ffx closly follow by ff7

ff9 is the worst ff and anyone who likes it must be a child who like cartoon people and stories which arnt explained properly and restrictive battle systems

DocFrance
02-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BlackMateria
ffx closly follow by ff7

ff9 is the worst ff and anyone who likes it must be a child who like cartoon people and stories which arnt explained properly and restrictive battle systems Then I must be "a child who like cartoon people."

Doncha just love those broad, general insults towards people who have a different opinion than you?

FEOK
02-24-2004, 10:37 PM
I know I do.

crono_logical
02-24-2004, 11:26 PM
Why is FFTSW on that list? It's not a game :p

Three6Mafia
02-25-2004, 06:15 AM
it would have to be between 7 and 9.

Marcus
02-25-2004, 03:07 PM
I haven't played them all, only played 3-8, but I guess part 6 wins in this case. Terra's story was simply beautiful, and Locke is a real hero. Kefka was a great villain too.

Lamia
02-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc

you bunch of ignorant knownothings

straight/word.

psilontech
03-26-2004, 05:02 AM
Tactics:D

SpiritWolf
03-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Final Fantasy IX. This game has some of my favorite Final Fantasy Characters of all time in it and a good story and battle system to boot.

William
03-28-2004, 12:37 AM
Final Fantasy VI is the best Final Fantasy in my opinion. A crap load of characters, non-linear plot (since you can go straight to the tower of Kefka instead of all the other things), a LOT of espers, the greatest villain in my opinion, a few plot twists, a great storyline and graphics/music (for it's time), and the replay value is very high since there is so much to do (colliseum, etc.).

Next my choice would have to be Final Fantasy IV. I love that game and have played it countless times.

Then comes Final Fantasy V. I liked the job system there and although the story wasn't all that great, the game overall is one of the best.

Then Final Fantasy I. The game that started them all.

Finally comes...

FFVII, and FFIX. I didn't really like any of the other ones.

§håd0w
03-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by SpiritWolf
Final Fantasy IX. This game has some of my favorite Final Fantasy Characters of all time in it and a good story and battle system to boot.

I didn't like the battle system of FFIX... Trance was just the worst thing ever, because if you won the battle, but like Kuja, got hit with a final attack that brought you into Trance, you couldn't use it. It seemed like a waste to me. Plus the turn order was so wierd, you could enter a command, but the enemy would attack you like 4 times before anyone even reacted. That especially got on my nerves when fighting Ozma.

Avalon_Beouvle07
03-30-2004, 04:53 AM
TACTICS OWNS ALL.
The storyline kicks ass. And so does the battle system. Knights, chemists, dancers, samurais, ninjas....the possibilties are endless.
2nd place: Final Fantasy X-2 *even though it's far away from tactics*:love:
Back off of FF9. The only thing that really sucks about it is Steiner-other than that, it's okay. I'm not talking to you, Masamune *glares at BlackMateria*. I guess I must be a cartoon person to or whatever......:mad2: It's not nice to make fun of people. If you don't like it, keep your mouth shut and respect the opinions of others. I like FF8-is there anything wrong with that? And if you're going to bare your claws, make sure you use proper grammar.

TACTICS RULES ALL AND ALWAYS WILL RULE ALL. END OF DISCUSSION!:love: :love: POWER TO PSI!!!! *high fives Psi*

Paine
03-30-2004, 08:37 AM
VII, just because it introduced me to FF.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Edgar
:mog:FFVI:mog: PWNS ALL

Yup, it's still true. :cool:

DocFrance
03-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Mimic
Yup, it's still true. :cool: Can't argue with that.

§håd0w
03-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Avalon_Beouvle07
2nd place: Final Fantasy X-2 *even though it's far away from tactics*:love:

The battle system and FMV's were impressive. I wasn't very fond of the plot however. If you went straight through the game and only did the required missions, then it was good. But once I finished every mission, I started to feel like "Man this is 5hi7!!" That battle systme I must say owned every other battle system out there. But that's just my 10 cents, everyone has their own opinion.

Kirobaito
03-30-2004, 10:05 PM
VI. That's all that needs to be explained.

§håd0w
03-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah buddy, right now my fave is 6. It varies from time to time. But the top 3 will always be

6, 7, 8

Dreadlock
04-06-2004, 02:21 AM
777,oooh ya 7.:excited:

Trumpet Thief
04-15-2004, 05:03 AM
My favorite's are FFVIII, FFVII, and FFVI.

Rase
04-15-2004, 08:16 AM

Hell yeah! Gotta go with my first FF on this one. Then it's VI, VII, and VIII (see a pattern?)

Black Mage FF1
04-16-2004, 12:05 AM
FF1 is the best IMO. With FFT and FF6 following close behind. I dont see how FF7 can be winning and why people like it so much. It was a good game but it didnt have anything special.

§håd0w
04-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Well, considering it had one of the best plots out of almost everygame made, might be one reason.

Black Mage FF1
04-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Best plots? Its plot was nowhere near as good as FFT and FF6. Those two games had way better storylines and character developement than FF7. FF7 did have good storyline yes but it was nothing special. There was nothing "new" or unique.

§håd0w
04-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Actually a main character got killed off. That was something new.

As for comparing it's plot to other games... that's opinionated, and it'll start a flamefest. I just stated my opinion, and also what every review said of it as well. So... yeah.

Black Mage FF1
04-16-2004, 12:27 AM
If you havent played FF4 or FF5 dont read what i am posting below......

Umm a main character dying in FF7 was NOT new. Have you never played FF4? FF5? Do the names Tellah or Galuf ring a bell? Yes they were not as in depth characters as aeris but thats because they were snes games. But still they were major characters in those games. BTW I have a question for you. Was FF7 your first FF game? Im just curious.

Flying Mullet
04-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Actually a main character got killed off. That was something new.
Just to point out: FFII, FFIV and FFV has main characters killed off. So Aeris dying was nothing new or extraordinary.

EDIT: And to mark your spoilers, put spoiler tags () around the text you want hidden.

§håd0w
04-16-2004, 12:39 AM
BTW I have a question for you. Was FF7 your first FF game? Im just curious.

Nah, my first one was FFI, but I never played some of them all the way through... like FFIV and FFV, never played those completely, but still beat them. It's like I played part, and then someone played the rest and I took up near the end.

And as for FFII... I completely forgot about that one, since it was one of my least faves. But I'm done with my shpeal...

Teh_Sephiroth
04-26-2004, 10:03 AM
FF7 r0x0rz my b0x0r.
Despite it's hideous graphics and .midi sounds, it's no. 1 for me.

And I have every Final Fantasy except 11 and Unlimited or whatever it's called.
As for the poll - aren't 1 & 4, 2 & 5 and 3 & 6 the same thing?

Rase
04-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Uhhhhh, no.

Year 1996

Japanese______English
FF1 (NES) FF1 (NES)
FF2 (NES) Not released in U.S.
FF3 (NES) Not released in U.S.
FF4 (SNES) FF2 (SNES)
FF5 (SNES) Not released in U.S.
FF6 (SNES) FF3 (SNES)

After that when it went to the PS1 and PS2 every FF game they made since was brought over, including 2 of the 3 we missed (FF2 - Origins and FF5 - Anothologies). We stil don't have FF3.

Teh_Sephiroth
04-27-2004, 04:24 AM
oh ok.
So FF6 isn't FF3?

I've got FF Anthologies(4-5), FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2 (japanese :() and Tactics.

§håd0w
04-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Oh man, that was a burn! Dude, you just got burned! Burned dude, burned...

Strider
04-28-2004, 01:33 AM
Final Fantasy VI. Duh.

Teh_Sephiroth
04-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Oh man, that was a burn! Dude, you just got burned! Burned dude, burned...

...?

aeris2001x2
04-29-2004, 03:22 PM
look every ff is its prospective number except the ff4 is ff2 on the usa snes and ff6 is ff3 on the usa snes...right? all the anthology re releases have been corrected.

DMKA
04-30-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm probably going to be lynched for this but...FFVII, and FFX as a not too far second. They just kicked the crap out of all the others plotwise IMO.

X-2 however has by far the best battle system EVAH!

SilverEclipse
05-08-2004, 02:21 PM
My fav is FFX, and unlike most FF newbs, which I am, I feel they are decent reasons. (I've played FF, FF2, FF6, FF7, FF8, FFX, and FFX-2)

-I think the improved graphics and voice acting that came with the PS2 gave a more immersive, believable experience.

-I absolutely LOVED FFX's battle system. Whereas the previous 5 or 6 had ATB, which you had to be quick and alert, CTB was really more relaxed without sacrificing strategy and a little bit of thinking. In FF7, I had to lean forward, open my eyes, and constantly pay attention to the bars and who's turn it was, and such. FFX....just sat back and relaxed in nearly every battle.

-I feel it had the best story. Not the most original, but extremly immersive, believable, and full of those tear-jerking moments.

-I never thought anything could be as good as the soundtrack to Castlevania:SotN, yet FFX was.

§håd0w
05-08-2004, 03:12 PM
...?

You must not have seen Red Vs. Blue then. :p

-I absolutely LOVED FFX's battle system. Whereas the previous 5 or 6 had ATB, which you had to be quick and alert, CTB was really more relaxed without sacrificing strategy and a little bit of thinking. In FF7, I had to lean forward, open my eyes, and constantly pay attention to the bars and who's turn it was, and such. FFX....just sat back and relaxed in nearly every battle.

Yeah, but once you get the hang of elements, weaknesses, and how to use certain magic to your advantage, ATB really doesn't take much from strategy. But since FFX was your first, then CTB is obviously much better. The only thing that bothered me was that Square messed around with the elements a bit, so it threw me off. Fire and Water don't oppose anymore, instead its Fire and Ice, and there weren't as many status magic as there were before. So in actuallity, FFX might be one of the easier ones to start on, as far as battle systems go. Either that or one of the 8-bit FF's.

Felldoh
05-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Well, I consider Final Fantasy Tactics to be the greatest game created so far so... there's my vote.

Flashback007
05-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Final Fantasy VI

Why?? Great storyline and many charachters (oh, the word) to choose between. I also really love the system with the Espers and the Magic

aeris2001x2
05-10-2004, 09:09 PM
lol i would agree that on ff6. it just that ff7 does the same but better imho.

DM Rivula
05-13-2004, 02:53 AM
FF7. It is also the most popular. It put Square on the map.

Seryn Kai
05-24-2004, 11:15 AM
My favourite FF is, and probably always will be FF7, I've lost count of the number of times I've played it. I'd say X-2 is my second favourite FF although it was way to easy up untill Vegnagun. FF10 is possibly a 3rd cause it got really clever halfway through although it was way too easy most of the time. The only challenging parts were when you couldn't use the aeons for whatever reason or when you don't have Yojimbo. I did prefer the princible of the CTB battle system though.

Armisael
05-24-2004, 12:18 PM
ffix all the way!

Rusty
05-24-2004, 03:06 PM
FVIII is the best Final Fantasy of all time. Nuff said. :D