PDA

View Full Version : Who's shadow is that?

RAVAGER
01-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Who's shadow is that? I think it's ifrit's but why should be Mog fighting with Ifrit?

PeTeRL90
01-18-2004, 07:47 PM
It looks somewhat Dragonish.

Bahamut, maybe?

Ayla
01-18-2004, 11:11 PM
1)Mog is very ugly in this image :mog:
2)The Shawdow looks like Gogo.
3)where you obitained this image???

Flying Mullet
01-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Ayla
3)where you obitained this image???
It's the front box art of the North American release of Final Fantasy III on SNES (Final Fantasy VI) in 1993/4.

It looks like it's just a ramdon shadow made to look intimidating. Most of the ads for Final Fantasy III(VI) in NOrth America for it's SNES release included Mog just hanging out while a gang of monsters were about to get him (which of course he reduced to ashes), so I imagine that this is a continuation or culmination of that theme.

m4tt
01-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
It looks like it's just a ramdon shadow made to look intimidating. Most of the ads for Final Fantasy III(VI) in NOrth America for it's SNES release included Mog just hanging out while a gang of monsters were about to get him (which of course he reduced to ashes), so I imagine that this is a continuation or culmination of that theme.

I always thought he was a boss of sorts, and was "fireing" the monsters. :p Awesome commercial.

TheAbominatrix
01-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Wasnt he interviewing them? That's how I remembered it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-20-2004, 12:40 AM
I don't know about the commercial since it's been so long since I've seen it, but the magazine ad featured monsters that were definitely specific enemies from the game. From left to right, they were Death Gaze, Efreet, Typhon, Number 128, and a Magnum Roader.

Flying Mullet
01-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
I don't know about the commercial since it's been so long since I've seen it, but the magazine ad featured monsters that were definitely specific enemies from the game. From left to right, they were Death Gaze, Efreet, Typhon, Number 128, and a Magnum Roader.
That's the ad that I remember.

I couldn't remember if the Mog interviewing ad was for Final Fantasy VI or not.

KainHighwind
02-02-2004, 05:05 AM
Maybe I just have a bad memory, but I think my FF III box art was slightly different from that. Mog was more in the center.

DJZen
02-02-2004, 07:05 AM
CLEARLY it's a nintendo 64 controller he's fighting.