PDA

View Full Version : The best and the worst thing about KH

Xander
01-18-2004, 09:45 PM
If you had to pick one part of KH which you enjoyed particularly over other games what would it be? And also what is the one thing that let you down the most about it, or you didn't enjoy?

For me:

The best thing: The journal. It was a cool way to keep track of what was going on, it was neat reading about all the characters and being able to rotate them around, especially the FF characters, and it was always good keeping track of how many Heartless you had killed. As well as the record of 101 dalmations, trinities and mini-games it was a useful addition different to anything we've seen in an FF.

The worst thing: The whole gummi ship thing! I just didn't like it! Just wanted to get to the worlds and not bother with it. Especially when there was a point when my armour kept running out >< Also I'd be all exciting about getting treasure chests and then they would have some Meteor-G or Thunder-G or whatever they are. And I just couldn't get any of it xD Bah. Evil gummis.

So what about you?

eternalshiva
01-19-2004, 03:23 AM
xD

I actually really liked the gummi ship thing, it felt old school like *grins*

I liked the Coliseum and the battle arena, that was fun.

I hated *ponders* when you were battling and you would get stuck at such a weird angle you coukdn't see what the hell was happening :/ that's my only complaint.

m4tt
01-19-2004, 06:25 AM
Best: The battle system. I love the real time thing, and it's so fun. Combos and the magic and the summons and everything!

Worst: Gummy ships. Such a waste of time.

Lord Xehanort
01-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Best: Ability System. Unlike FFIX, KH didn't have an abundance of 'OMFG I WANT THAT' abilities so I could make Sora a beast easily.

Worst: 100 Acre Wood.

On another note... I didn't like the gummi ship thing, yet I spent 4 hours making a Sephiroth ship in commeration of beating him.

Cloud_AA
01-20-2004, 08:38 PM
liked the old school disney characters reminded me of when i was a kid. i liked the gummi ship the second time i went through cause i actually took some time to understand it......... i dont hink i have any complaints other then i wish it was a little harder

SomethingBig
01-20-2004, 09:03 PM
The Best: Being able to finally fight good ol' Sephy in real time.

The Worst: Stuck between 100 Acre Wood and the Magic and Summon systems.

Advent Child
01-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Best: Story, Characters, Battle System, World Design.
Worst: Camera angles in small halls (final mix fixed it a bit, though) and Gummi Ship.

blue_midget192
01-21-2004, 09:29 PM
yea KH! :D

Best: The Fighting; whacking stuff with the keyblade :) best thing ever

Worst: Definatly the Gummi ship (takes the piss!)

also dint like the ability/leveling up sytstem cus it took ages to level up get good ability's

edit: Gummi ship problem now sorted, i was finaly able to make another Gummi ship :D so now....

Worst: ability system, ap dos not rise fast enough, and camera angles, get very annoying!

Caltrap
01-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Best thing = Being able to here some of my fave FF peeps talking. Ok, thats not really a KH thing so the best KH thing was being able to fight with Donald and Goofy. Ah the good old days

Worst thing= The Gummi Ships, it stopped me travelling as much as I would have liked to. It just felt like a waste of my time

Breine
01-30-2004, 06:23 PM
The best thing: The characters, the music, the worlds, the story, the battles and the atmosphere.

The worst thing: Although I didn't really have anything against the Gummi Ship travilling it's the only thing I can complain just a little about...

Lord Xehanort
01-31-2004, 01:27 AM
Well, yeah. The ship is essentially pointless. But it's cool to fly around in Sephiroth's head and kill things using him. ('cuz he's a puppet)

zacks_clone
01-31-2004, 06:32 PM
The gumiship seems to have gotten a lot of complaints.I love my gummie ship!It rocks dude!( but i would have prefered a map link in VII)

My favorite thing was perhaps the battle system.I liked being able to move and dodge,instead of stand in one spot and be murdered!

Least favorite would have to be the setup of the worlds.Like I said.I would have prefered a map.

Psychotic
02-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Best: Combat system. I really liked it, and it made a nice change from the FF battle systems.

Worst: I have two worst things, actually. I really did not like Sora's voice acting, and while I didn't mind flying gummi ships, I just could seem to build the damn things! I don't think I built a single working one. But meh, they're just two small blemishes on a superb game.

Chibi Youkai
02-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Hmm... I'd have to say the best thing is the whole system it worked on, it was fun and origional.

The worst thing is the 100 arce woods... I nearly went homicidal after finishing it. And that's sad because I do like Pooh and all the others.

Dragonflame
02-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Best: The battle system. I love being able to move around, and dodge, and block, and use special attacks, etc. Fighting actually involves skill, as opposed to Final Fantasy where it's just a matter of what your level is and what summons you use.

Worst: Tie between the camera angles and the gummi ships. It got very annoying trying to rotate the camera angle in small rooms and getting stuck. The gummi ships weren't bad, but there wasn't enough to them. They should have been harder, and had something to do with the story.

zacks_clone
02-23-2004, 12:52 AM
cid,aerith,leon,and yuffie used the gummie ship to get to traverstown.And it is your only mode of transport..Not enough?:p

I think the camra angles were not that bad. Could have been better though

nicksdancingmonkey
03-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Best: Final song (when u walk away), Stadium, meeting all the old FF and disney charachters that u used to watch and being reminded of the films that u liked

Worst: Gummi Ships were wank, goofy an donald were kind of annoying

DJZen
03-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Dragonflame
The gummi ships weren't bad, but there wasn't enough to them. They should have been harder, and had something to do with the story.

They did. Read the Ansem Reports.

zacks_clone
03-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Forgot about the reports.Heh.

I think goofy and donald were annoying when they spoke.In battle i was sure happy to have them.(( donald was more annoying then goofy, because...well,the ducks just a load mouthed, anger prone character).

Sefie1999AD
03-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Best: The battle system, storyline, Neverland, Hollow Bastion, seeings tons of FF and Disney characters.

Worst: The game had to end so soon. :( Ursula's first form is also annoying.

Crono9051
03-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Best: The song was the best, if I were to get bored I would always listen to the song and be ready to kick some butt^^

Worst: The gummi ship was the worst. All that wasted time

SeeDRankLou
03-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Best: How fun the game is but serious at the same time. The battle system is just cool.

Worst: The difficult in casting magic and summons. I mean, there are enough buttons on the PS2 controller to make a short cut for every single magic spell you have, but we only got 3 shortcuts?

Stupid Moomba 88
03-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Best: I loved the Gummi ships. I like the acting, my best mste fancies David Boreanez, so when I told her that he was in the game, she bought. She actually ended up liking the game itself, not just for David. I also loved the end song, Simple and Clean. Wonderful.
Worst. Why have summons if the only one u use is Tinkerbell? Other than that I loved Kingdom hearts.
I have the stradegy guide.

The Nique
03-23-2004, 02:00 AM
Best: God! Whee to begin... The battle system was about 2 inches from perfection, the summons were *fairly* affective albiet not entirly nessecery, the story was deep while allowing for a HUGE amount of personal interpritation and vagueness (Which I like, becuase otherwise it would've felt 'preachy') beating the whatsit out of sephiroth
Worst: while gummi ships were the worst feature, they weren't that bad. The worst is the fact that the direct seqeual is only coming out for the GBA.

DJZen
03-23-2004, 03:40 AM
Why is that a bad thing?

Chibi Youkai
03-23-2004, 04:01 AM
Because not all of us hve GBA's.

Sefie1999AD
03-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by The Nique
The worst is the fact that the direct seqeual is only coming out for the GBA.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is coming out for PS2 as far as I know. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is for GBA, but I think that's just a side-story that ties KH and KH2 together a bit more. Sorta like FFX Another Story: Eternal Calm ties FFX and FFX-2 together.

Magil
03-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Simple:

In comparison to ct:

KHI= CT
KH chain of memories= Radical Dreamers
KHII= CC

(sorry for those unfamilir with the chrono series...)

Best thing: Combat!!!!
And seeing disney characters blowing a heartless's heads off...

Worst thing: The ending,
I didnt understand a thing because, right after i beat the final boss, the ps gets stuck.......

And people just download some emulator (though it sorta takes the fun out of it, its better than nothing...)

DJZen
03-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Magil
Worst thing: The ending,

To quote Li'l Jon
"WWWWWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

The ending was beautiful! Even after beating the game something like 5 times it still makes me tear up.

Mr_Bojangless
03-24-2004, 01:03 AM
I felt the ending was great. One of the best parts about this game is the character development. You actually felt for Kairi and Sora... Well I did at least... :o Also the ending was one of the saddest endings I've seen, which the music helped out a good deal. The game had great sound.

As for the worst... umm... there wasn't too much bad, I suppose I'd say the gummi ships, although I did enjoy that part, I just can't think of anything that is worse.

Chibi Youkai
03-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Yes, the ending was absolutely wonderful. I do hope KH2 comes out soom, really, it can't come soon enough.

Ethéré
03-24-2004, 02:57 AM
the best: I really liked the integration of FF into disney, suprising, and Sora and Riku, the towns were so colorful and fun.

the worst: I really hated Kairi, and the music really wasn't my favorite. I also wish that they would have tried harder with the graphics, other than the FMVs

Chibi Youkai
03-24-2004, 03:54 AM
I though the graphics were good. If they had been X or X-II style graphics, I think that the game would have lost some of it's charm.

indigo
04-04-2004, 03:09 AM
Best: The story and the battle system.

Worst: The camera. They should have really worked more on it.

Ariel
04-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Best: The mix of Disney and FF supporting characters. It was really cute. Reminded me of all the movies I used to love when I was little. (And some of the ones I still love now, heh. =P) The journal was a nifty feature, too.

Worst: Hmm... the camera could get a little annoying sometimes, and using the summon spells could get awkward sometimes, too.

Lord Xehanort
04-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Good point, Ariel. The only Summon I ever used was Tinkerbell. She got me through Kurt Zisa.

DMKA
04-11-2004, 04:56 PM
I am currently in the process of beating it (big black gargoyle-type boss in the end of the world), and arrrg it annoyed me so much I put FFX-2 back in!

Anyway, so far...

Best: THe wide range of different characters you meet and talk to, the battle system, the FF characters thrown in with Disney with upgraded graphics and the addition of voices, along with adaptations in who they are and storys of the disney characters...such originality!!! I also really love the non disney music in it...especially the Orchestrated Instrumental version of "Simple and Clean".

Worst: THE DAMN CAMERA! Geez, I can't tell you how ofter I get screwed because of that damn thing. :mad2:

Trumpet Thief
04-15-2004, 04:32 AM
I hated the Gummi Ship system as well, it was a complete waste of time, and was too easy. I was glad that I got that portal thing for my ship from Cid, so I coud just teleport to other areas.

I must say though, the Sephiroth fight rocked!

blitzballstar01
04-15-2004, 04:44 PM
:choc: Best -
Sound: Totally rocked, sweet tunes that i was whsitling all day to.
Graphics: looked ALMOST fmv style the whole way through...i liked seeing my FF7 faves with actual faces and not block heads :p
Battle System: a nice change to the traditional FF fighting
Mix of Characters: I liked seeing all of my FF people talking to Donald Duck lol whats the chances of that??

:fd: Worst -
Gummi Ship: absolutely no point. I just held down the X button and let it fire away while the game glided me to the next world. lol it was pointless...
Camera Angles: I hate it...I can't beat anybody because I can never see
No Character Depth: The FF characters were just kind of.....there....you find out a little more about where theyre from at the end...but you never really know why. And if you never played FF7, then you would never know about the Cloud searching for Aeris thing and it wouldnt make sense at the scene in the credits. The only characters that are developed would be donald,goofy,mickey,sora,riku, and kairi...what about the FF? You don't know anything about anything. I would love to know more about the Cloud/Sephy rivalry and the Aeris/Cloud love interest... plus some of the FF characters were kids!!! Squall and Selphie were from the same game, and yet squall is at least 10 years older...i sure as hell dont get it... plus how could aeris be in this if she died?!?!? THAT i'd like to know. why would cloud be looking for her if he SAW HER DIE?!?!
Summons: Never used a single one, except maybe tinkerbell once, just for the sake of using her. They serve no purpose whatsoever. Maybe if they wouldve had like Shiva or something...hmm...

Linus J
04-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Best: The mix between disney characters and FF, and dodging and stuff is fun

Worst: the AI of your helpers, angles, gummi and anything that has to do with jumping (bad angles screwed me up when jumping). I stopped playing due to hating the game in the tarzan world.

MoonZapdos
06-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Best: Battle System
Worst: I HATE Olympus Colisseum...

Master Quan
07-02-2004, 10:51 PM
I think that the worst was the fact that Donald was obsessed with curing me, he used about 10 elixirs in a fight against those monkey things

Chibi Youkai
07-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Why'd you give him elixers?

GhandiOwnsYou
07-04-2004, 04:25 AM
best: it's a whole mix of things. Fighting FF guys was kickass, because they were the only battles that felt like duels. The custom AI thing was really really helpful too, for donald and goofie. and combat obviously rocked the house.

Worst: the fact that you could only play as sora. I'm a fanboy, sue me, so i would have really loved maybe, a new game plus type thing that let you hack it up as Squall, Sephy, cloud, or even Riku. The same for different worlds, why couldn't i ahve traded to Jack in halloweentown, or Tarzan or someone. a nice character change type thing letting you paly as your whole crew.

oh, and as one personal psychotic sickness moment

dwell in the 19th layer of hell for all eternity moment: *squawk* "This Ship runs on HAPPY faces!!!"....... :eep: die donald :eep: just die. :eep:

Chibi Youkai
07-04-2004, 04:44 AM
oh, and as one personal psychotic sickness moment

dwell in the 19th layer of hell for all eternity moment: *squawk* "This Ship runs on HAPPY faces!!!"....... :eep: die donald :eep: just die. :eep:

I cringed after that one, and a new hole appeared in my poor beanbag.

Brownjames07
07-04-2004, 06:37 AM
HAHAHA, I loved the journal, it gave you information that you wouldn't be able to get otherwise. There's a lot of stuff that only that crickit would know. Such as what Riku's keyblade was made out of and why Sora had Kairi heart. It was pretty interesting.

Fantasy_Dragon
07-07-2004, 02:49 AM
Best Thing: The Disney/FF mix. I didn't know about Final Fantasy until after I started playing Kingdom Hearts. I think it's cool that Goofy could talk to Final Fantasy characters. :tongue:

WORST Thing: Ugh... I am just going to say this: The camera! Also, the incredibly long Load/Save times! I mean, FFX load and save times were quicker than that. :X Ugh.

01chapmanh
07-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Best Thing: The Music, The Voice acting, and the whole fact that its disney. I mean, you could walk around the nightmare before christmas land!!! (its like my fave movie)

Worst Thing: It didnt hav enough levels, and the leveling up took way too long, especially if you wanted to do well in the coliseum. :D

Chibi Youkai
07-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Worst Thing: It didnt hav enough levels, and the leveling up took way too long, especially if you wanted to do well in the coliseum. :D

Huh? I thought leveling was easy? Oh well, I suppose that's just me.

Ultima Shadow
07-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Best thing: Sephiroth
Worst thing: He was to easy

OneWingedAngel89
07-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Best part was the battle system

Worst part was the sometimes annoying camera angles

BatChao
07-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Best: A fun and interesting meld of Squaresoft characters and Disney characters. The travelling to different Disney worlds was really awesome! It'd be cool in KH2 if they also included worlds from Square games as well...

Worst: The camera! During hectic battling in tight quarters (and sometimes even in open areas!), the camera just can't keep up with the action. Sometime it'd get stuck behind a badguy or wall... leaving you the only option of frantically mashing the jump and attack button as you try to jiggle the camera free.

Fantasy_Dragon
07-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Am I the only one who thought the load and save times were bad?

chu52
07-16-2004, 03:00 AM
The best: Sephiroth is revived and can only get stronger!

The worst: Dying because my cure spell took 3/10ths of a second too long>.<

That is because you choose dawn at the beginning, as you get to high levels it will be slower, if you choose dead of night then the first levels are hard but the last levels fly by like *snaps fingers*

Adrius BloodWolf
07-17-2004, 01:23 AM
The best thing--Seeing the FF characters,Fighting Sephiroth because I loathe him,...

The worst thing...How Sephiroth did not have ANY part in the original plot unlike Ansem,he was just a secret boss and that actually pissed me off,The Clothes of Sora...Blue,Red,White,and Yellow.............. :eep: Fashion sense for Sora was at an all time low,good thing he actually looks good in KH2...