PDA

View Full Version : Are people not really enjoying this game all that much

darkchrono
01-19-2004, 06:34 AM
I see that this forum does not get posted on very much so I was wondering if people are starting to think ff11 is kind of boring.

I play it sparingly off and on. Will play for a couple days then not play again for a week or more. Right now I am building up my character and as most know that can get rather boring.

I wish they had an option in on-line games that did not require you to do alot of random leveling up in order for you to go very far away from your home base. But oh well. That's life.

Are many of you starting to get a little bored with it as well.

Lionx
01-19-2004, 09:33 PM
No not really, its just theres plenty of other areas with much more information to gather than here like ffxionline.com and the sort. Plus you would spend most of ur time playing than posting here....and if u do post u would post where a majority of the forum does play it...like ffxionline or etc.

Linus
01-27-2004, 03:53 AM
I burned out on it.

Over 19 days of play time, I played for at least 4 hours a day for two and a half solid months, but now that school's in, and the game pisses me off, I've decided to take a respite.

Flying Mullet
01-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I kinda got bored with it. I got up to around level 11-12 and had a hard time finding people that would group with me so I've cancelled my membership for now, but didn't delete my character in case I decide to hop on again in the near future.

Germ Hamee
01-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Eh. I think part of the reason this forum is generally dead is because there's not really much to talk about in here. Many of us are off on our own servers, and the ones that are playing together probably just discuss whatever in their linkshells.

Personally, I'm taking a bit of a break from it. Wasted almost an entire month on the game. x_x Real life needs attention now. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

Lionx
01-28-2004, 05:08 AM
Mullet, if u are in midgard i would be happy to pt with you, it gets better after u get a subjob believe me.

Rostum
01-28-2004, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I will party with you too (is in Midgardsormr). But the reason no one really posts here is because they are usualy playing the game and posting on bigger forums for the subject.

Lionx
01-28-2004, 06:11 AM
BTW diff servers have diff ppl, the Midgard is full of Beta people, and Ragnarok is full of new NA and importers, so either one of em should have better luck.

Flying Mullet
01-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I foudn the glorious alliance and such forums after I started my character and I am on Leviathan now. Although I think my character gets deleted after three months of inactivity regardless once I cancelled my monthly membership, so if I get back into it I might ask for a World Pass.

Another question for those of you that are still into it. Do you see certain classes way to often and others not enough? i.e. which classes are people avoiding playing?

Lionx
01-29-2004, 01:54 AM
I wouldnt say avoid, but the fame of the job.

DRG, DRK, SAM, and WAR are like well known jobs. NA people want to be badass and the sort(its the trend seriously), so there tends to be a majority of these jobs that are there and are not in parties due to that problem. And all these jobs do the same thing with exception to the WAR, they are there to do dmg which about one or two is enough in a party, but due to the influx of these jobs there isnt partying necessarily for them. Mages therefore are a bit shorter in supply, but usually a jpn player fills that role.

Mages are more sought after in parties because they are needed, dmg dealers are not.

Rostum
01-29-2004, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I'm trying to avoid WAR because I think it seems to be the most popular to start off with. I was thinking of going THF then maybe trying out RDM, that looks like a decent job.

Flying Mullet
01-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Good to know. My character is a theif right now, but I'm thinking of letting it die and starting over with a magic user. I figure that if I'm going to join someone else's server I might as start with a class that is needed.

Rostum
01-30-2004, 05:19 AM
Yeah I'm a monk at the moment, and I will eventually get to DRG/THF then once I've leveled that up enough I will eventually start mage classes and support classes (I want to try BRD/WHM combo because I think it would be cool).

GaV
01-30-2004, 11:01 PM
going mage all the way :D. I am blm,whm,smn and low level rdm hehe

White Mage Nico
01-31-2004, 08:50 PM
I dont have ffXI quite yet, but I say you should either ask your friends in real life, or another mmorpg, or anywhere *lol* to get ffXI so you can lvl together, that way its a bit more fun, because then you are chatting with ppl!:D That is what online games are for!! lol Also, you could probably try a diff class, well, I love ff1 because you travel alot and alot! and ffXI has that, so try travelling alot, getting money, and buying stuff. lol, sounds dull, but its not!:tongue: well, playing a game with your friends is good, that way your not just lvling a char, your lvling a char while you are with other ppl! to help you lvl, or to just chat.:whoa: :whoa:

Also...a question! How do you switch servers, how do you transfer the codes to go to diff servers??? HOW DO YOU CHOOSE YOUR SERVER!?! I dont want to get on ffXI and not be with my friends :cry:

Lionx
02-01-2004, 10:07 AM
You are randomly placed ina server, then someone has to give ua world pass with a password to go into their server, or u buy one(with gil) in your own server and give them the password.

oreodragon97
06-19-2004, 01:30 AM
What me and my bro did to make sure we got in the right server was make a char and if it isnt in the right server delete then make a new 1 then keep doin that til u r in the right server. :D :mog:

Del Murder
06-19-2004, 07:34 AM
I think five months later he should have it figured out.

People post in this forum now so this thread isn't needed.