PDA

View Full Version : Email query

Citizen Bleys
01-19-2004, 11:55 PM
This isn't really a big deal, and in fact I'm probably the *only* person who cares, but it is something that can be looked into if it's not too much strain.

When we switch servers, and start up a new email service, will it be possible to set up forwarding addresses?

I used citizenbleys@eyesonff.com as my primary email address for quite some time (And it's the only email of mine that some people know, I'm sure) because I had a POP3 account that Scottie offered to set up for those who were, at the time, staff. (None were set up later, because after Scottie left, nobody else knew how). Since I've got all of my email addresses being pulled in by Eudora, I don't check any web-based accounts (of which I have dozens) anymore, but if it would be possible to redirect citizenbleys@eyesonff.com to webmaster@vespernet.org, those people would still be able to get in touch with me.

(That's assuming the wolves don't snap up citizenbleys@eyesonff.com in order to piss me off and steal my email on the day the server moves, as I'll probably be busy with my IBM contracts at the time)

Endless
01-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Pretty much the same concern if the new mail service doesn't have pop3 fetching, are aliases available?

Citizen Bleys
01-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Well, only staff got pop3 before--we only didn't get cut off after resigning because nobody but Scottie knew how...so you and I get no pop3 regardless. An alias is the best option we can hope for.

Loony BoB
01-20-2004, 04:15 PM
We're still in discussions with both hosting parties as to how the email issue will be resolved. I'm sure Sean will let you know when we've got some feedback. :)