PDA

View Full Version : Auto Haste?

penance
01-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Hi,
Does anybody know if haste still has any effect once youve maxed your speed stat? I'm wondering whether to bother puting auto haste on my armor. at the moment it's

Ribbon
Break HP Limit
Break MP Limit
Blank

I dont want to use auto pheonix cos that wont work if all my characters die at once.
Any good ideas?

TheSpoonyBard
01-21-2004, 08:11 PM
You shouldn't bother with Break MP Limit as both the major magic users (Yuna, Lulu) both have 1 MP Cost on their final weapons, and you're not very likely to use over 999 spells before you visit a save sphere. I suggest you have a combination of Break HP Limit (even though I chose not to have it), Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Shell, Auto-Regen.

pixie_demon
01-23-2004, 03:23 AM
i put auto-pheonix, auto-haste, auto-protect and ribbon.

works a charm, i always try to have autolife on everyone too, just in case everyone dies at once.

pretty sure auto haste does still speed u up with maxed speed, just like cheer still works if u have max defence and strength.

u have to have auto-haste, auto-protect, auto-phoenix and ribbon and cheer 5 times and luck around 150 to even have a chance in hell of fighting penance!!! TRUST ME!!!!

penance
01-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Really? I didn't realize that. Good thing Iv'e only started moding rikku's armor cos I won a ribbon from Dark valefor. I'll definatly do that for the rest of my characters. Thanks for your help people.

Oh and on a side note do you think itr's crazy that i'm trying to play ffix at the same time as x?

Flare_Star
01-23-2004, 06:05 PM
yes.

xenapan
01-27-2004, 02:54 AM
break hp limit isnt that good either... just to let you know. auto-haste, auto-protect, ribbon are probably the best 3. then you probably want at least 2 with auto phoenix and 1 master thief.

Zannith
02-21-2004, 05:04 AM
I know this thread is outdated, but it irritates me to see these comments. Since armour and weapons in FFX only have a maximum of four ability slots, it is important to take note of the abilities available when creating a perfect weapon or armour. First of all, the ability "Ribbon" does not make the character Immune to everything. As it's description in FFX say's; Grants Almost Complete Immunity To All Status ailments. The only abilities or negative status ailments it doesn't protect against is "Full-Break", "Curse", "Death", ("Instant-Death").
What I rate are the best armour abilities are, of course with four ability slots would be: "BreakHPLimit", "Ribbon", "Deathproof" and "Curseproof".
These armour abilities May make your character Immune to everything; Except for Shinryu's, "Eraser" ability, (100% Petrification+ Erasion effect), Ultima Buster's, "Contamination" ability, (FullBreak+Zombification+ Poison) and Dark Aeon's, "Instant-Death" e.t.c.
Note, "Curseproof" is not necessarily needed. With Rikku, instead of giving her "Curseproof", I gave her the "Master-Thief" instead. You could have "Auto-Haste" on instead. It would be really useful to have this ability on just in case you die, "Instant-Death". You would therefore save time in having to cast Haste or Hastega again. It's your choice.