PDA

View Full Version : One of Tidus's Legend Weapon Power-ups...

Halenite
01-20-2004, 02:49 PM
I know that either the crest or the Sigil requires that you win the fourth chocobo race in the Calm Lands with a time of 0:0:0

How on earth is that POSSIBLE!!!!

CactuarKing
01-21-2004, 06:00 PM
pretty easy really!(NOT!!)

try here http://www.gamefaqs.com (GameFAQ's) for some advice!

Xander
01-21-2004, 06:24 PM
This is from the strategy guide:

"To win the Sun Sigil, you'll have to complete the race in under 0 seconds. Imagine you reach the finish line in 35.9 seconds, having touched a bird. This would make your total time 38.9 seconds. However if you also touch 13 balloons, 13 x 3 seconds will be deducted from your result. So, the final time is below 0 seconds. This is a tricky challenge but not impossible, and you may need a bit of luck when it comes to how the balloons are distributed."

Basically it's about touching enough balloons and not touching enough birds, so that the deduction will come to under 0. I've never tried, I'm really bad at chocobo racing xD

Flying Mullet
01-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Xander
...and you may need a bit of luck...
Yeah, they should put that text in bold, 72-point font in the guide.

pixie_demon
01-23-2004, 03:30 AM
Yeah, they should put that text in bold, 72-point font in the guide.

150 point font!
u just have to keep trying until u get a good lineup of ballons. i thinks its when u start with a few in front of u at the start of the race.

xenapan
01-27-2004, 02:46 AM
you just need to be so lucky you dont get hit by birds and manage to get 13+ balloons. just keep playing until it happens. IMO not worth the time.. customizing Break Damage Limit onto a 4 slot sword of your choice is better as magic counter isnt that great..

katana
01-27-2004, 11:05 PM
I beat this. I don't know how, but it happened. And it was really hard. Whenever you dodge birds, make sure the directin you go will put you close to a balloon. Trust me, when you do beat this, the sound of the trainer in the background getting smacked by birds sounds like heaven.:choc:

Mo-Nercy
01-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Some pointers:

- Use the directional buttons instead of the analog joystick. It's just a lot easier to direct your Chocobo this way. Just focus on going left and right to avoid the birds.

- Since Tidus takes time to recover after getting hit by a bird, it's better to miss a balloon to dodge a bird.

xenapan
02-02-2004, 07:50 PM
really.. they should say dont bother since caldabog has magic counter which is useless. IIRC it doesnt counter spells that target all aka ultima which is really the only thing you NEED it for. other than that... you can get a better weapon just making it yourself. oh.. it also saves you 5 hours of trying, retrying :P

Flare_Star
02-04-2004, 10:24 PM
i read on ffhybrid.com that if you get hit by a bird at EXACTLY 2:00 minutes, the next time you do it, the birds fly through you. I tried it, didnt work. Has anyone else?

CactuarKing
02-11-2004, 06:26 PM
er.....no

black orb
02-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Flare_Star
i read on ffhybrid.com that if you get hit by a bird at EXACTLY 2:00 minutes, the next time you do it, the birds fly through you. I tried it, didnt work. Has anyone else?
>>> That work only in the japanese version.