PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying boss

Zidane
01-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Now be honest. Who is the most annoying ff9 boss you've ever fought.Annoying meaning someone who takes ages to kill or who kills you when he's on one hp and you end up breaking your pc in annoyance.

PeTeRL90
01-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Trance Kuja and Necron.

K-chan
01-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Trance Kuja and Necron.

Really? I didn't think Trance Kuja was that hard. I thought Gizimaluk was HARD, but thats cos i never leveled up my characters in the first disc. -_-;

Breine
01-28-2004, 07:42 PM
I had some trouble with Gizamoluko (is that spelled right?) The first couple of times I faced him... But he's never been a problem since...

Lord Xehanort
01-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Gizamaluke, the sandlion in that desert... rat.. place, and Meltigemini

PeTeRL90
01-29-2004, 04:52 AM
Gizamaluke isn't hard if you use Soul Blade with The Ogre, which blinds him, making his Crash attack not very deadly anymore.

Trance Kuja always loved to cast Flare Star twice in a row on me without giving me a chance to heal. It was really annoying.

Flare_Star
02-01-2004, 03:17 PM
i use a tent on giza....hehehe.

hardest would be soulcage. (the HARD way of beating him)

Vaprice
02-01-2004, 04:11 PM
ahhh, the hardest boss for me was.........Ozma. Plan and simple...........when he made an attack on you........it hurt....lots of pain...

Reina
02-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Ozma
Lich (Esrth Guardian) the first time
Tantarian (stupid book thing)

;)
Reina

Lord Xehanort
02-01-2004, 05:32 PM
OMFG! THE BOOK WAS EVIL!!!!!!!

Also, who is this 'Ozma' you all mention?

Reina
02-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Do the chocobo quests and you'll find out...
He's in Chocobo Air Garden which you can reach after you get a flying chocobo. It's FFIX's equivalent of Omega Weapon.

;)
Reina

Lord Xehanort
02-01-2004, 07:45 PM
You mean the soap bubble?

Flare_Star
02-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Ansem
You mean the soap bubble?

roflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl*gasp*roflrofl

*gets up*

roflroflrofl

SpikingZero
02-09-2004, 07:03 PM
All of them, because it takes Zidane fricking forever to steal from them.

Iceglow
02-09-2004, 07:07 PM
raotflmfao Ansem you have made my day and i have a migraine so congrats on that the soap bubble thing lol

Heath
02-10-2004, 08:55 PM
Ozma can be annoying.

The only non-optional boss I ever had trouble with was Gizmalaluke, mainly because it was the first hard boss of the game; I'm using the term "hard" lightly. Since you only have the basic black magic and you've no healer apart from items, it can be a pain if you aren't properly healed (like I wasn't first time).

eestlinc
02-12-2004, 08:01 PM
The Tantarian is a bit of a pain, especially with the time limit.

The Man
02-12-2004, 08:37 PM
i doubt i'm qualified to answer this question since i spent the first disc of the game horribly underleveled, but i found all of them challenging (at least if you wanted zidane to steal from them). bleh.

Del Murder
02-13-2004, 07:23 AM
There's a boss on the way to the Ilfa tree that I always got annoyed at. You can steal a flute from him (Golem Flute I think) and it's a good weapon at that point of the game. The problem is that it is impossible to steal and that I'm pretty OCD when it comes to stealing from bosses. Finally I looked online and saw that it was a 1/255 chance or something like that and that you can buy the item later so I said screw that.

PeTeRL90
02-13-2004, 05:41 PM
I think you're talking about that big green monster troll thingy the first time you're going to Eiko's hometown.

I think you can steal the Fairy Flute from him, but like you said, it's only a 1/255 chance, so it's not wise to waste time with it, though it's a good challenge trying to get it.

Cz
02-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I hate Hill Gigas. His Fairy Flute is about as easy to steal as the Pope's tonsils.

That's difficult, by the way.

Baloki
02-15-2004, 02:43 PM
You know that you don't have to fight Ozma to get the special item from him, you can just use the chocobo quests and you get the same item, you just have to get Hades to synth them for you.

I never actually beatened Ozma (or the soap bubble as my arch nemisis puts it), I was too scared of his flashing light *pouts*

Godzilla3001
02-23-2004, 07:49 PM
My chocobo is on a higher level than my mates and he's completed it....*eats rice pudding* cor! this rice pudding's really nice! oh yeah, I reckon that Trance Kuja and Necron are the easiest....so ha!

SeeDRankLou
02-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Hilgigars was the most annoying for me, because I wanted the Fairy Flute, and it took me like 30 minutes of constant stealing to get it. Way too much MP was used on Float and Cure spells. But it was worth it in the end. Tantarian is also really annoying.

eestlinc
02-26-2004, 07:18 AM
What about the Antlion? He was annoying. And the Black Waltzes are annoying if not actually difficult.

Del Murder
02-26-2004, 07:44 AM
The one you fought with Zidane alone was pretty tough.

midnyte_angel
02-26-2004, 09:09 AM
ozma is the hardest boss
i got owned the first tym i tried killing him
tho i managed to kill him wif a LV1 party
^^muahahahahaha

Baloki
02-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Annoying, I'd say when Zidane has to kill that boss and all the 'friends' come along and wine in his ear.

The Man
02-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Baloki
Annoying, I'd say when Zidane has to kill that boss and all the 'friends' come along and wine in his ear. what? the you're not alone battle was the best scene of the game. that's not what you're talking about though. is it?

Godzilla3001
03-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Pretty much everyones easy for me when I've got Zidane alone cos he's got Auto-Reflect, Auto-Regen and Auto-Float and when I get powerfuller (is that actually a word?) weapons I'l be invincible!!!! Mwahahahahahahahaha!

Baloki
03-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Godzilla3001
Pretty much everyones easy for me when I've got Zidane alone cos he's got Auto-Reflect, Auto-Regen and Auto-Float and when I get powerfuller (is that actually a word?) weapons I'l be invincible!!!! Mwahahahahahahahaha!

You forgot auto-protect, and if an enermy casts a healing spell on you it will double when reflected, also reflect does not protect against metor or other such multi-character, powerful attacks. Also, you need to make it so your infunrible to Poison, confusion, etc.

So you got a while left.

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 02:58 AM
Probably Gizamaluke or Trance Kuja. I started a new game three times and each time i'll only have one character left when I beat Gizamaluke and thats Freya. The first time I fought Trance Kuja I won and then I lost to Necron and after that it took me about fifteen tries to beat him again. And would someone care to refresh my memory because I don't remember what this Tantarian is.

Godzilla3001
03-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Do you really think the enemies are smart enough to cast a healing spell on their enemy? and what gives you auto-protect and what does it do.....*thinks* i think amarants got it on mine *shrugs* i dunno. >:

EDIT: yeah and i got all the poison, confusion etc abitlity things on so i have a guard against them. I AM INVINCIBLE! Mwahahahahahahahahhaahhahaahha!

Again, plese do not doble post. It is annoying. - Murder

Baloki
03-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Godzilla3001
Do you really think the enemies are smart enough to cast a healing spell on their enemy? and what gives you auto-protect and what does it do.....*thinks* i think amarants got it on mine *shrugs* i dunno. >:

What? I think some of the ones near enough the end are programmed to cast reflect on themselves, and some do cast healing spells on themselves and other bad guys.

Auto-protect is when Protect is automatically cast on a character at the begining of the battle and it cannot be dispeled.

TasteyPies
03-29-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Black Mage 121
I hate Hill Gigas. His Fairy Flute is about as easy to steal as the Pope's tonsils.

That's difficult, by the way.

I beg to differ, it isnt like he can kung fu you to death

FallenSilence
04-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Ozma's bloody ridiculous! There's NO WAY that this fight depends entirely on your level. I had two characters at level 99 and still couldn't win:( though i eventually won by learning auto haste, reflect and regen for everyone, it still took like half an hour to do, and you dont even get any decent items. Not worth it, really.

EDIT: Oh btw SpiritWolf, the Tantarian is the book monster that you can fight in Alexandria library on discs 2 and 3

Dragonus
04-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Ozma is a push over once you see the order he cast things in, FFIX is a game where maxing out your character is pointless.

I took on Ozma with my characters all around the level 27 marks and I simply killed away, you just need to work out his order

SpiritWolf
04-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Ok thanks Doom for telling me that

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by K-chan
Really? I didn't think Trance Kuja was that hard. I thought Gizimaluk was HARD, but thats cos i never leveled up my characters in the first disc. -_-;

believe it or not, e is one of the hardest ff boss;s. yep, he is very easy, but when he counters with flare star and then casts it again, it can sumtimes cause problems even at lv 99( particulary if dagger or eiko r in your party).

its one of two o final boss in my ff games ff6-ffx-2 that OCCASIONALY kos a character of mine.

the other is NECRON. in fact,out of ff6 to ff10-2 he is definitly the hardest last boss thanks to grand cross. like when 2 characters r ko, one petrifyed and the other zombied occasionaly, that is annoying. still easy most times. to be honest not much competition in last boss's...they r all easy.

sos,i digress. ozma and the yans of course r the most annoying. sometimes u will be cometed into oblivion by 3 yans and even a lv 99 team will die, no matter how good u r. it sumtimes happens.

and of course, the illustrious METEOR,CURSE COMBO by OZMA. if he uses it, u r dead. ozma can be as weak as a bite bug sumtimes u figt him. other times he is harder then penenance! what an annoying b*stard.

he has NO ORDER. i,m sorry, but sumtimes its berserk, berserk, berserk, curaga, berserk. others its meteor, flare star, meteor, doomsday, meteor,curse. he is just random, thats his great strength and great weakness.

i think its OMEGA WEAPON IN FF8 wo has the order.

Spiritus Sancti
04-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Ozma..is that what its called? ya know that big floaty marble, anyway it has this reeeeally annoying attack I can't remember what its called (haven't played in months) but it does a ton load of status effects to you that really annoyed me!

aeris2001x2
04-07-2004, 06:38 PM
yep thats ozmas curse, plus lots of damage 2 boot. an horrible move.

Clyde Arronway
04-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Ozma becomes a (relativly) pathetic weakling when you finish the gaia spirits sub quest. My only annoying boss time is when I'm trying to steal. Then they're ALL annoying :D

aeris2001x2
04-11-2004, 01:34 PM
the only thing that sub quest does is allow u 2 physically hurt him. and since i dont use physical attacks ( flare, shock, thivery, dragons crest i use) it made little difference.

remember any boss that has a chance of instant victory at any point is a tough boss. any boss that keeps using berserk against a reflect team is weak. these r the two most extreme facetes of ozma and why, i repeat, sumtimes as easy as a bite bug and sometimes harder then penenance.

black orb
04-16-2004, 02:54 AM
>>> That book from the Alexandria castle was annoying..

Freya Coral
04-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Trance Kuja and Necron.

I second that. It took me three times before I finally beat them both. I liked Kuja as a character, but he was rather annoying in battle, such as when he cast Flare Star twice in a row without giving your party a chance to heal from the first one. :mad2:

Necron was equally tough, thanks to the Grand Cross spell. I got lucky the third time because he didn't use it.

The Yans (though they're not really bosses) were the bane of my existence while I was trying to find the friendly Yans.

ShadyMilkman
04-22-2004, 10:28 PM
For me, it was Quan. I can't believe nobody else has had problems with this dude. He whooped my ka-boom-boom several times. Also, Gizamaluke was quite annoying in his own right. Silencing Vivi and Quina all the time. That's so rude of him! I eventually just started Chocobo-ing in order to get better equipment and beat him with that. But Quan was still my constant demise.

EDIT: Oh yeah, i forgot Tantarian.. he was a little beeeeeeach first time I fought him! It took me a while to figure him out. I hated that. Stupid little blue head son of a mother.....mumble mumble

Armisael
05-23-2004, 08:38 PM
necron was the most annoying boss i have ever fought.i've always ending up only with steiner alive! :mad: p.s.i have not fought ozma.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 08:45 PM
yeah necron is like the 3rd most annoying ff9 boss, yans and ozma winning of course.

to be honest i never found gizimuluke annoying or hard. what i did find annoying was climbing on to the top of giziumulukes grotto and getting toasted by a grand dragon :eek: lol.

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 08:52 PM
what i did find annoying was climbing on to the top of giziumulukes grotto and getting toasted by a grand dragon :eek: lol.
Hahaha, thats soo fun. I always do that a couple of times when i reach giziumulukes grotto. And it's always fun.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 08:56 PM
lol yeah it was in a way, and i had just saved fornately.

of course its even more fun on your second play to kill like fifty of them using Quina and get to lv 50, super revenage. of course i beat beatrix with one hit and she STILL reduces all my hp to 1 lol.

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Yea THAT'S the most annoying boss after all. She's soo easy and still she's like: you'r all like insects to me.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 09:05 PM
lol. she should have modified her lv depending on yours like in ff8.

still, nothing was more humulating for me then getting killed 3 times by the dark elf in ffIV, even when i could use my swordsand armour again. that b****d would not stop turning me into pigs either grrr :mad2:

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Yea, that little elf and his anti-ironweapon cave relly pissed me off. But Beatrix personality in early game is even whorse to me. Can't stand her stock break or wathever it's called.

blue_midget192
05-25-2004, 10:37 PM
:( Necron

Master_Dragoner
06-01-2004, 01:47 PM
NECRON?!?! :eek: :eek: :) :)
Sorry, he is quite hard, but it reminded me of this funny thing that happened once...

I had a friend over, and he wanted to see me beat Necron. So anyway, I got into the fight, expecting something hard. Guess what? He does grand cross... and it does a total of NOTHING!!! I had no status changes (I wasn't protected against half of them), and I think one person got hit for 200 damage!!! :eek: Then I beat him in the next round, with practically full health, in 5 minutes! Funniest thing that ever happened to me.

Anyway, Gizamaluke was quite hard for me, and Tantarian was annoying because I always had to do the battle with Freya, who you hadn't been able to use for ages, and was stuck at some low level. Oh, and definitely trying to steal things from bosses is the most annoying thing. :)

Flashback007
06-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Yep, for sure Gizamaluke was annoying, but that damn stone in the desert palace. I forgot to light one orb, so it took me over an hour-and-a-half to beat the stupid thing. And my characters (damn word) Vivi, Garnet, Eiko and Freya weren't strong enough so he kept killing somebody, with his annoying spells.

Ultima Shadow
06-01-2004, 07:56 PM
You know, you can kill Gizamaluke in one hit without leveling up... OH, WAIT why haven't i tougth about this before? You can kill the birds in the forest outside giziumulukes grotto in one hit and a grand dragon in two. This is how to do that: Go get Quina, Go to chocobo forest, close to chocobo forest there's a forest go inside the forest and figth Mandragoran, eat Mandragoran to learn LIMIT GLOBE, kill Quina, revive Quina with Pheonix down and pray that he/she will be revived with exactly 1 hp. Now go and kick some butt with your new 9999 damage Limit globe ability. :D

UltimateSpamGrover
06-09-2004, 03:46 AM
Hades in Memoria. took me 7 hours to fight him

aeris2001x2
06-09-2004, 09:41 AM
u fought hades for 7 hours??? :eek: surely not that long? i,d have tore my hair out. i mean ruby weapon can take 5 hours using zero bahamats but 7 hours on hades? or do u mean u fought him lots and died alot over a 7 hour period?

Ultima Shadow
06-09-2004, 10:01 AM
It can't have taken 7 hours if you didn't die alot of times. If you are strong enough to survive his attacks, then your attacks must do enough damage to take him down in ATLEAST 1 hour.

aeris2001x2
06-09-2004, 10:16 AM
lol i cant imagine loseing to him in a 7 hour period or taking 7 hours to beat him...i mean how on earth did u beat necron who laughs at hades?

blue_midget192
06-09-2004, 11:39 AM
i cant beat necron! he kills me after a while, i usually manage to do sum damage, but the he goes uber and kils everyone! :(

Ultima Shadow
06-09-2004, 06:01 PM
If you can kill Kuja Trance then Necron shouldn't be much of a problem. Just have some status protections.

Pete577
06-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Well, I think the hardest, most freakishly annoying boss that ive never defeated is Ozma (*shudders*)

Az Lionheart
06-09-2004, 09:10 PM
all i have to say that it is the easest FF i have ever played, good but easy.

Ultima Shadow
06-09-2004, 10:07 PM
all i have to say that it is the easest FF i have ever played, good but easy.
Then you haven't played FF8. :D

ChaosCalibur
06-10-2004, 12:20 AM
The hardest one would be that thing in the lifa tree, it kept casting bio and it hurt :( I forgot the name if it though, i haven't played FFIX since 2000 :\

Ultima Shadow
06-10-2004, 12:48 AM
You mean that tree monster? Cast phonix down or life on it.

UltimateSpamGrover
06-14-2004, 05:58 AM
took me a day and a half to fight Necron.

FFIXSavannah
06-15-2004, 01:58 AM
My worst boss was Kuja it took me FOREVER to beat him and then on like my 10th try I finally beat him .He is my most annoying boss.

Lamia
06-15-2004, 09:57 PM
It use to be Gilzamuke for me until I figured out if you buy The Ogre for Zidane ... then defeating him is cake.

The only other bosses to defeat me was the Wind Guardian and Necron..

starlet
06-16-2004, 03:52 AM
I thought the stupid tree was annoying...

what else annoyed me was necron because there was no previouse mensioning of him....her....it..? It just comes over and decides "I'm gonna kill you now!" . :chop: :twak:

DrkNight_Cedric
06-16-2004, 05:57 AM
The most annoying boss in FF9 is Necron so cheap
just use a pheonix down on iifa tree to be really cheap

Polyonymous
07-21-2004, 01:15 AM
The boss that took the longest for me to beat? I would have to say that stupid book in Alexandria Castle.