PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had these problems?

§håd0w
01-21-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm playing the SNES version right now, again, and I ran across some things.

*When Gau and Relm are in your party, and you are on the Veldt, have Gau jump on an opponent. When he comes back have Relm sketch him. My character's stats got switched around and I ended up with 99 Atma Weapons in my inventory.

*Cast Vanish on an enemy, sketch the enemy then run away, items will multiply.

*Back Guard doesn't work against Tyranosaurs

That was it, did anyone else have that happen with their cartridges? I don't care about the PSX remake, only FFIII or FFVI JPN on SNES.

alucard
01-21-2004, 12:34 AM
yes actually that has happened to me. also on the rom, there is one time when i had sabin and setzer,gau and celes in my party, i was fighting a boss and i was lev 34. i died and reloaded my game. When i fought a monster, i noticed that my characters had 9999 hp. i looked in the menu and it said that all my characters were lev 99. has this happened to anyone else?

§håd0w
01-21-2004, 12:36 AM
Yea, that happened when I played FFIV as FFII, but not with FFVI yet.

alucard
01-21-2004, 12:40 AM
i mean i am not complaining but it did freak me out though. I kept the stats and finished the game.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
I'm playing the SNES version right now, again, and I ran across some things.

*When Gau and Relm are in your party, and you are on the Veldt, have Gau jump on an opponent. When he comes back have Relm sketch him. My character's stats got switched around and I ended up with 99 Atma Weapons in my inventory.

*Cast Vanish on an enemy, sketch the enemy then run away, items will multiply.

*Back Guard doesn't work against Tyranosaurs

That was it, did anyone else have that happen with their cartridges? I don't care about the PSX remake, only FFIII or FFVI JPN on SNES.

then gau becomes the best spellcaster in the game? 0.0 that's freaking scary.......
and what does backguard do? i never saw it....and if it's good, where do you get/learn it?

§håd0w
01-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Oh yeah, I didn't complain that I had 99 Atma Weapons, maxed stats, and multiple useful relics such as Offering and Gem Box. Didn't complain a bit, just thought it was wierd.

Backguard is a relic that prevents Back Attack and Pincer Attack. You can buy it at most Relic shops in the W.o.B.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-21-2004, 12:49 AM
oh...in my game it was called Alarm Piece ^_^

§håd0w
01-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Werd, which version are you playing?

crono_logical
01-21-2004, 12:54 AM
It's the Relm Sketch Glitch, I think it also happens if you try to sketch something invisible.

Just don't use it too much since it could also wipe the savegames on the cartridge, being random and all :p

§håd0w
01-21-2004, 12:56 AM
That's really not cool, seeing as the battery in my cartridge is probably gonna die soon anyway. Thing almost 10 years old.

ForeverZeroUltima
01-21-2004, 01:23 AM
version i'm playing? it's the version where, taken directly from Japanese, translated into English, but before the american edited it. (they edited it so that it won't contain some.....nasty talk). the americans also changed the names of some other stuff too.

Hero Ring=Brave Ring
Atma Weapon=Ultima Weapon
Offering=Phantom Ring

and so on...

§håd0w
01-21-2004, 01:31 AM
Those damned Americans. Always taking the good stuff out

Lamia
01-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah... cept I got 99 of every item.

Willowbear
11-10-2004, 05:57 AM
Yeah ok I know this looks bad me being a newbie here and bringing up a thread that is almost a year old, but I have to. I actually came to this board specifically looking for this exact topic, so I just wanted to put my two cents in.

This "problem" that is found in the game is not because the game is 10 years old or your game cartridge is getting old. If I am not mistaken this is an actual flaw in the cartridge game for SNES in the first prints of the game. If your lucky enough to get an original cartridge like the ones first released your game will have this flaw. I do believe in later prints of the game the flaw has been taken out.

My version of FF3 has this flaw and if I'm not in a cheating mood I try not to use Relm. I call this the painter girl glitch. But hey if your into messing up your game to the point it feels like your on LSD try it, you can even get General Leo back into your party to fight, it's pretty funny. What it does is make all your characters HP Level 99, and gives you unlimited items pretty much not to mention all the extremely rare weapons, armour and other special items that are very rare. It's like the ultimate cheat glitch.

So yeah, this will be my only time bringing up an old topic :fpangel:

Doomgaze
11-10-2004, 08:25 AM
While it's true that the American version of FF6 was censored, a great deal of "nasty talk" in your version was added arbitrarily by the immature translator. :)

theundeadhero
11-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Skyrenderer's version?

Venom65437
11-10-2004, 04:40 PM
I wish I could have the "problem" of 99 Atma Weapons, LoL.

Doomgaze
11-10-2004, 09:08 PM
I just naturally assumed it was SkyRender's, forgive me if I'm wrong.