PDA

View Full Version : I....I just can't believe...that they actually did it

edczxcvbnm
01-21-2004, 06:23 PM
They some how made blitz ball a worse game this time around. I thought it was as bad as it got last time but they some how made it worse. You have to sit there and watch the games being played with no control(other teams). WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT?

I don't even want to know what they were thinking when they came up with that one. I bet they know of my hatred of Blitz ball and pondered 'How can we make it worse?'

Ouch!
01-22-2004, 01:08 AM
Apparently, Square is even considering making a game for blitzball on its own. I think I might puke.

Though, you are right. I just finally got to actually playing the game a couple of days ago, just go to be able to play blitzball. I'm horrified.

Sephex
01-22-2004, 05:52 AM
Yeah, I started crying when I was playing it for the first time. edczxcvbnm just laughed at me. Then, he took one look at the screen and his head exploded.

gokufusionss1
01-26-2004, 12:23 PM
i remember the torment when i was made to play that one game of blitzball in ffx i almost decided never to play the game again.

BatChao
02-03-2004, 08:42 PM
I kinda like this version better...
For one thing, I have no control of my players. If they screw up, I won't have to beat myself over the head for it.
Another thing is that the game plays in fast motion, so I won't have to sit there for as long.

Chibi Youkai
02-21-2004, 01:23 AM
origionally by Zaphier
Apparently, Square is even considering making a game for blitzball on its own. I think I might puke.

a whole g-game over blitzball... NOOOO! I played it the one time you had to and didn't pick up the game for about a month afterward... in fact, I didn't even turn on py ps2 I was so horrified... the terror of it all...

In short, I hate Blitzball. To think that they put in even in a mention of it in X-2 is sacralige.

Siwolae
02-21-2004, 03:11 AM
Square should've left blitzball alone! >_< Why mess with something that's already good? :(

Del Murder
02-21-2004, 03:56 AM
I didn't think it was that bad. The leveling and recruiting systems are much better. You create your power team and then see how they fare on the court. During the games I usually switch to a TV show or something. And AP Eggs certainly come in handy.

Chibi Youkai
02-22-2004, 04:39 AM
origionally by Del Murder
During the games I usually switch to a TV show or something.

That's an intresting idea, I hadn't thought of that.

Rainecloud
02-26-2004, 07:30 AM
"Apparently, Square is even considering making a game for blitzball on its own." ~Zaphier

Out of all the things I hated in Final Fantasy X, Blitzball was right up there at the top of the list. Every time I replay that game, I dread arriving at Luca, because I just know what's going to happen next. Blitzball is quite possibly the worst computer sports game ever made (besides Blades of Steel on the Nes).

Lamia
02-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Hm. I liked Blitzball. ...It sounds like the people that hate it didn't explore it very much.

I sucked horribly at Blitzball at first. But then I became unstoppable. And I really started to enjoy Blitzball.

I've not played Blitzball in X-2, however.

jochirin
03-01-2004, 08:32 AM
i kinda liked the first blitz game in x.... but this one is just horible.... damn i hate it so mutch... its soooooo booring to max out your chars so ing booring.... and i have maxed them out and i sooo beg that their stats gona bee the same in new game plus.... caus i reeeeeeeeeeeley dont want to do this again... shig so booring.... if i actualy watch when they play i end up screaming att my players for being so ing stupid.... every game i have to change the channel and watch something else... damn i so hate the stupid game....

Mo-Nercy
03-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Stupid Shinra. Crappy goalie of the millienium.

jochirin
03-01-2004, 10:15 AM
he actualy has 79 in capture :P :D maxed if not getting special training

Quistis79
03-08-2004, 11:33 AM
I really didn't like Blitz in FFX, but I played it 'couse of that sigil. But this time Blitz it actually almost fun to play. I spent last Saturday just managering my Blitz team. It takes horribly lot of time to actually start winning(only Kilika Beasts are easy victory), but given time it starts to be really fun and at least the games are short. I always use the Overhead map mode so it really won't take that long. Only totally crappy thing is the fact you have to watch other teams play too, what's the point in that?

Go powerful women
03-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Thank you for saying so. They have defaced and defiled the blitzball we knew and loved. I can't believe they messed it up so bad. I was one of the few who enjoyed blitzball in ffx. In ffx-2 it is so terrible. :mad2: Plus the fact that you get the crappiest team imaginable. You have no control. GRRRR!!:mad:

jochirin
03-15-2004, 08:35 AM
if you havent notised to raise your team to win against kilika more easely just walk around some and you will be granted points. change your taktiks so that they pass to the offense. when raising stats shoot lowers rec the others are in a cirkle when making a player (not golie) start by raising the stat that capture lowers and when that stat is maxed start to raise the stat it lowerd and so on untill you have maxed out the stat that lowers capture. then if this was your shooter make some kind of balance between shoot and recive (your player is finished). when this is done to all players you have a good teame and you will probably win most games. one greate thing is that if you finish the game and start over your blitz teame will have the same stats :D its so good that you only have to do this once :D. (and you gett to win some nice stuff)

haravikk
04-27-2004, 10:13 PM
I absolutely loved the first Blitzball, and if it were sped up a bit in pace to have some of the cool moves (like in the FFX cutscene with 'otherworld' playing), and possibly 3d movement or at least improved physics then it could be really cool as a separate game.

FFX-2 Blitzball however is a miserable failure, the extra stats are pointless, the training system is bewildering even with a good guide to describe it, training injuries are a bitch with a capital BI-OTCH and scouting, leagues, players and generally any other word you can think of which contain letters were all poorly done, that is if the poor were a hobo who had all of his possessions stolen.

Book
05-02-2004, 10:50 AM
I hope Square now will let Blitzball rest in peace, it's now completely ¤#"¤ :cry:

schapkerj
05-21-2004, 02:25 PM
i thank i :love::love::love::love:ing suck tooo