PDA

View Full Version : >> Monster arena..

black orb
01-22-2004, 03:32 AM
>>> I love this side quest!, anybody has completed it and beat all the monsters??
I tried to beat the fiends in the Area, Species, and Original sections but mostly of them kick my ass in no time (loving it) :love:

Xander
01-22-2004, 11:45 AM
I love this side quest too. I think in the end I only got enough of each monster to get the thing for Auron's ultimate weapon, I can't remember how many that was now. 10? or 5? or more? Ahh, I don't know.

I beat a few of the creations, mostly just the area ones but I think I might have beaten a species one. The battles lasted sooo long though. I have a save still so I might go back and try and beat more of them.

Yeah it's a cool game though, I wish they had a monster arena in other FF's.

eternalshiva
01-22-2004, 12:10 PM
omg I loved the aren, I'm still trying to discover how to kill Neslug... *sigh* he's disturbingly hard and I can't seem to kick its but, he has me completely stumped. You can actually bribe stuff from the Original Creations to create a break HP and Damage Lmt on your weapons, its pretty neat *but massively expensive* xD

black orb
01-23-2004, 12:36 AM
>>> It seems you need dark matter for break the damage limit on weapons, but I dont know how many of them you have to use..

eternalshiva
01-26-2004, 09:56 AM
You need like 30 or something and the bribes only give you like 5 at the most :/ it sucks.

Aerio
01-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Anyone know an Internet guide to bribing the monsters in Arena? I usually played straight through FFX with a few sidequest but I want to do em all now :D O and does anyone know why after catching 10 different species from 10 different areas the man still hasn't given me the sceptre for the magus sisters? I had them on my first game but I saved over that :\ are you only allowed to get one of the special chest? Cuz I got the chest for Nirvana already. Thanks :)

Flying Mullet
01-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Aerio
Anyone know an Internet guide to bribing the monsters in Arena? I usually played straight through FFX with a few sidequest but I want to do em all now :D O and does anyone know why after catching 10 different species from 10 different areas the man still hasn't given me the sceptre for the magus sisters? I had them on my first game but I saved over that :\ are you only allowed to get one of the special chest? Cuz I got the chest for Nirvana already. Thanks :)
www.gamefaqs.com

xenapan
01-27-2004, 02:43 AM
neslug requires patience, probably 200agi, 120+ magic , and doublecasted ultimas are prefered.... flares work... id have to say 1 mp cost will save your ethers and turbo ethers majorly so and copycat is good if you dont have flares/ultima...

IMO nesulg is easy once you know how to deal with him... but it means you need ot have seriously filled your grid's empty slots with magic, agility, and str spheres.

whats worse... is magic means you need to fight jumbo flan who requires more or less.. anima, with haste, reflect, slow and curaga.

IMO neslug is not worth the effort until you hit for 99999 every hit, can get a reasonable 40k total damage for your flares/ultimas as he ducks into his shell after a certian amount of damage at which point he casts curaga and has regen and is also immune to physical damage.

Xyphox
01-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Wakka's attack reels at 99999 each are pretty helpful. Then you can entrust other character's overdrives to him again and repeat.

Nemesis is a bit tougher. The way i beat him was to basically sacrifice one of my aeons whenever he was about to attack. Anybody else beat Nemesis? I'm curious about other ppl's strategies.

Big D
01-31-2004, 01:40 AM
I beat Nemesis by Grand Summoning Yojimbo. Paid him 77777 Gil for Zanmato. Too tiresome to beat Nemesis the other way. I've got a 'dream team' of three characters with near-maximum stats and celestial weapons; simply cast Hastega on them and use Quick Hits until the CTB gauge shows that Nemesis' turn is coming up next. Summon an Aeon to protect the party, then continue. It helps to have at least one character with Auto Life, just in case.

xenapan
02-01-2004, 12:36 AM
nemesis only counters overdrives. all you need to do really is just keep using autolife and any attack. 1 mp cost helps. i mugged like 10 warp spheres and 8 level 4 key spheres by the time i finished with him. its pretty easy as long as you ahve auto haste, 1 mp cost and autolife on all chars. being able to hit for 99999 also helps but i didnt bother to quick hit knowing he had plenty of goodies for me ;)

pixie_demon
02-02-2004, 05:47 AM
i finished the monster arena. cant remember how, just know that i did!!!!

xenapan
02-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by pixie_demon
i finished the monster arena. cant remember how, just know that i did!!!!

lol check your game for a mark of conquest :p what does it say?:D

pixie_demon
02-05-2004, 02:02 AM
lol check your game for a mark of conquest what does it say?

haha smarty pants!!

i meant i couldnt remeber how i beat nemisis

Evoc
02-05-2004, 02:51 AM
Well, I think that with esp you can complete the monster arena without much problem. Is only cath 10 of every species. The really difficult one is Nemesis (Summun I've heard on other versions), to kill it you have at least have 30000 hp and 255 on defense and strenge, a few luck and..... try that Nemesis don't kill you

soulICE
02-06-2004, 02:40 AM
i have 10 of every monster in the arena but nemesis hasnt been unlocked yet. do i have to fight ALL the monsters? bah. i have yet to fight earth eater and the other one who drops luck spheres.. i just need luck spheres to max out all the stats on my characters (except kimahri and wakka :rolleyes2 )

Evoc
02-06-2004, 03:07 AM
yes, to unlock nemesis you need 10 of every monster and beat all of them, incluiding original, species and area conquest. The luck is good, if you have high luck you'll never miss an atack

soulICE
02-06-2004, 03:18 AM
ill get around to maxing out my luck stats eventually... there really isnt anything more i can extract from my 112 hour game :p

im more afraid to fight neslug than nemesis tho :rolleyes2

xenapan
02-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by soulICE
ill get around to maxing out my luck stats eventually... there really isnt anything more i can extract from my 112 hour game :p

im more afraid to fight neslug than nemesis tho :rolleyes2

quickhit neslug till he retreats into his shell then doublecast ultima for at least 30k a cast and use blitz ace till the shell shatters. then continue quick hitting till its dead...

xenapan
02-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Evoc
yes, to unlock nemesis you need 10 of every monster and beat all of them, incluiding original, species and area conquest. The luck is good, if you have high luck you'll never miss an atack

you only need to beat the creations. area species and original.. and you dont really need high luck.. its penance that requires luck. nemesis takes every hit at base luck.

Big D
02-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by xenapan
nemesis only counters overdrives. all you need to do really is just keep using autolife and any attack...
you only need to beat the creations. area species and original.. More differences between the US and PAL versions of the game, I think. I've got hte PAL version, and Nemesis always counter-attacks when you try to Steal. Also, it's necessary to capture 10 of every monster, as well as defeating all of the 'arena specials' before you can challenge Nemesis.

xenapan
02-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Big D
More differences between the US and PAL versions of the game, I think. I've got hte PAL version, and Nemesis always counter-attacks when you try to Steal. Also, it's necessary to capture 10 of every monster, as well as defeating all of the 'arena specials' before you can challenge Nemesis.

your making me jealous... i only bought FFX like 2 months ago... and im still wishing i got the PAL version. the NA realease is totally downgraded comparatively :( but im still wishing i could fight penance and the dark aeons >_<

nemesis doesnt counter when i mug (i havent tried steal yet) but i think you got confused with my saying "area species and original" its meant to be "area, species, and original" :P aka all the monsters he creates and capturing 10 of every monster i thought was a given :P

black orb
02-13-2004, 12:58 AM
>>> I think Monster arena is the same in all the FFX versions..
by the way i finally beat Nemesis. from my experience he doesnt counter phisical, phisical/skill and magic attacks.. he counter overdrives and special abilities like lancet and such...

Penance99999
03-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Nemesis is easy.

Just have:

200 str
255 def
255 mag def
mag -
eva -
agility 255+auto haste
acc -
luck over 120 will grant you critical hits

The stats with - next to them mean nothing. You don't need to raise them.

Have over 30,000 Hp. He wont be able to do anything against you.

Have auto life on. Just if you want to play it safe.

btw, the dark aeons and penance were harder.

This is a fight against dark bahamut:

You hit him, or at least "try" to. After 5 times he auto counters with impulse. Without ribbon, your characters get turned to stone and shatter.

If you have ribbon. Well you just get hit with 6k of damage, full break and an unpreventable slow status (yup only auto haste can prevent it). Not so bad at all :rolleyes2

Auron-
08-12-2004, 04:07 AM
question: to get aurons celestial powerup I need 10x of each monster and 10 diff monsters from 10 diff area?

Kilika
08-12-2004, 05:30 AM
man nemesis was such a pain. Congrats to those who managed to beat him. I was doing ok, but i just got bored of doing all that damage to him so many times and no death. I just looked at him, hit him some more times to get out the rage of him not dying, and then showed him by turning him off! MWUAHAHA! lol :D