PDA

View Full Version : ??

lufc
01-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know if Final Fantasy XII will be an online game like Final Fantasy XI?

m4tt
01-22-2004, 06:57 PM
There might be online aspects. But I'm pretty sure it will be like all the final fantasies before XI.

Xander
01-22-2004, 07:21 PM
I recently got a magazine with a 7 page article on FFXII, and it says,

"When asked about the likelihood of online elements to FF12, Yasumi Matsuno replied "no".

So yeah I think as Gau says it will be like all the other Final Fantasies before XI *is glad*

Flying Mullet
01-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Plus one thing to keep in mind is that to create and maintain the infrastructure for an online game is enormous, so to keep putting new online games out every two years would be very expensive, and not very cost effective, as you rwould liquidate your market of potential subscribers.

If Square-Enix produces another online game, it will be either because FFXI can't keep up with the demand and another game is needed to help keep up wit the demand or because they are sunsetting FFXI for whatever reason and are ready to replace it.

DocFrance
01-23-2004, 01:29 AM
I don't think FF should have gone online in the first place. Square was just jumping on the ol' MMORPG bandwagon.

SuperPac
01-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Well, I think they SHOULD have had an online game, but rather than having it be the NEXT one, have it stand alone. I'm proud to say I've played every Final Fantasy, but now I probably won't play XI. It should've been Final Fantasy Online, and FFXII should have been called FFXI. At least, that's the way I see it...

Lamia
01-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by SuperPac
Well, I think they SHOULD have had an online game, but rather than having it be the NEXT one, have it stand alone. I'm proud to say I've played every Final Fantasy, but now I probably won't play XI. It should've been Final Fantasy Online, and FFXII should have been called FFXI. At least, that's the way I see it...

Ditto.

blue_midget192
01-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Lamia
Ditto.

yea, thats what i thought. cus around here the game is like £39.99 and the modem and set up and everything for the PS is like £40.00 and the subscription (monthly) to get online is £15 and then if they put a charge on the game it self, pa i cant afford that kinda money :(

Breine
01-29-2004, 08:43 PM
No, it's not on-line... It's completely off-line...

Rostum
01-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Plus one thing to keep in mind is that to create and maintain the infrastructure for an online game is enormous, so to keep putting new online games out every two years would be very expensive, and not very cost effective, as you rwould liquidate your market of potential subscribers.

If Square-Enix produces another online game, it will be either because FFXI can't keep up with the demand and another game is needed to help keep up wit the demand or because they are sunsetting FFXI for whatever reason and are ready to replace it.

Funny that, they are bringing out Front Mission Online and have plans for future games. The POL viewer isn't JUST for FFXI, it's for alot of online features they are going to be making. I guess they wanted FF to be in on it too for one game.

But yeah, this one will be offline. I love the original FF's so it will be good. ^_^

Flying Mullet
01-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Omecle
Funny that, they are bringing out Front Mission Online and have plans for future games. The POL viewer isn't JUST for FFXI, it's for alot of online features they are going to be making. I guess they wanted FF to be in on it too for one game.

But yeah, this one will be offline. I love the original FF's so it will be good. ^_^
Right, Front Mission Online will cater towards a different set of gamers. I was referring to another Final Fantasy style game. There would be very little return on investment as the same people would be playing that instead of FFXI, which is a waste at this point.

lufc
02-02-2004, 11:01 PM
iam glad its not another online game, i prefer final fantasy games to be 1 player games there much more fun that way

01chapmanh
02-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Heres sum facts-

1. FFXII will not be an online game.
2. It will guest star people from other FFs. My guess is someone like Marche or Montblanc for FF Tactics Advance.
3. It MAY contain a job system.
4. It will contain a 1st and 3rd person view whilst roaming.
5. You MAY be able to gain and deduct life whilst roaming, along with jumping around and interacting with the area.

Hope dat answers sum of ur questions!!!!:D

DocFrance
02-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 01chapmanh
Heres sum facts-

2. It will guest star people from other FFs. My guess is someone like Marche or Montblanc for FF Tactics Advance. Care to back up your facts?

Flying Mullet
02-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
Care to back up your facts?
But he said that it may contain a job system and interacting with the surrounding area. How could you ever doubt him? ;)

DocFrance
02-04-2004, 08:13 PM
I know. Talk about a solid case right there.

eestlinc
02-06-2004, 06:58 AM
job system is good. maybe they will just make ff12 in the ff5 style. i'd actually buy a stupid ps2 or whatever to play that.

01chapmanh
02-13-2004, 12:52 PM
I get all my info from interviews on the web with the product designers etc. My info is as solid as a rock.

DocFrance
02-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Somehow I doubt that... sounds like the usual rumor-mongering to me.

Flying Mullet
02-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Well my friend's brother's uncle's janitor's brother's pizza delivery man's sister work for Square and she said that the summons will have a job system all to themselves. And my info is as solid as a rock too. :p

DocFrance
02-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Oh, man! I'm putting that on my website RIGHT NOW!