PDA

View Full Version : FFX vs FFX.2

ice_devil
01-22-2004, 09:57 PM
i havent actually bought FFX.2 yet as it has not come out over in the rest of europe yet.What i'd like to know is how does it compare with the first. rumour had it that square-enix had to make this one on a very tight budget cause of the loss on the movie

SuperPac
01-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Well... I'm not really sure what to say about how it compares to X, but I know that I like it better. I'm really enjoying this one, whereas, with me, X was more a game to discover the various quirks and then just get through the game and get it over with. While enjoyable, yes, I must say that it wasn't one of my more prefered games (I probably won't play through it a second time, as opposed to the several times through all the others). X-2, though, I'm excited to play through a second time as soon as I finish it the first time. It's just... fun!

Karis
02-02-2004, 11:37 PM
i don't know for sure but i think that x2 is better cuz the music...i like the 1000 words and real emotion....but...actually...otherworld and suteki da ne...they were good too...:eep: soooo....well the battle system on ffx2 is kinda different from the older ff games...ffx that battle system i think has been around a while...but i have no idea...i like both :D

Sean
02-04-2004, 12:54 AM
I have yet to play FFX-2, so naturally, I would have to say. FFX.

Bahamut2000X
02-04-2004, 02:46 AM
I've seen X-2...I thought FFX was low on the ladder or FF games (don't get me wrong I still liked it, but it's not near my top 5 favorite FF's) but FFX-2 is by far one of the worst games I have even set eyes on, then again I was against the whole idea since news of a sequeal, so maybe I'm a bit biased. But then again I hate the 3 member limit...and the fact that 2 of them I had in thel ast game...who defeated the ultimate evil in thep revious game, yet struggle against the most basic of monsters all of a sudden. From what I can tell of the plot...it's pretty lacking...and the whole concept of the game seemed to be just a Tomb Raider rip off. *Votes FFX*

Auron_Kotetsu
02-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Wow, this is a first! Finally, I'm the first person in a thread with a strong, valid opinion! (Meaning no offence to anyone else, of course; I'm just a huge windbag and love to go on in depth. Which is what I'm going to do now.)

Alright. First thing I have to start out by saying here is that I loved FFX; when I bought my PS2 in the summer of 2002, X was the first game I rented, and after keeping it for three weeks (thank you Blockbuster FreedomPass!), the first game I bought. It had it irritating moments, but the mix of plot, graphics, music, and CG was the closest thing to playing a movie I'd ever done. I've played the game through 3 times, two files of which are over 100 hours long. (Before you write me off as a no-lifer, you should know that the only other games I own are FFXII-IX, Tony Hawk 3, and GTA Vice City. And I hardly play the two that aren't FF's.) I've gotten all the ultimate weapons, filled the Sphere Grid with all characters, and ah... other stuff that required me to spend lots of time with the game - except beat frikkin Neslug. I know it pretty well because I couldn't bear to put it down.

Now then: If you, like me, fell in love with X, then you might have a hard time with X-2. I know I'm still having trouble getting over some aspects of it, namely the music and the character depiction. Many times, I want to kill Rikku. Oh, and the songstress job class sucks. It's just stupid. I hate it. It is utter crap and should be shot and it's not fair that they gave the only Darkness and Sleep abilities that I know of to Songstress. No one in my game is over 7% in it. It blows.
Also, the plot is not nearly as strong as in X. There are a lot more irritating parts, and if you're planning on having children, I might advise against playing this game; during some of the "popstar" scenes, I could literally feel my sperm count decreasing.

However, some of the raw play aspects of this game are great. The skill-learning and job class system is an excellent conception (although the party of 3 is too small to use it as effectively as it could be), and makes for some really interesting battles. The fighting system is nothing short of exquisite once you get used to it; chaining attacks are a wonderful innovation, and the Chapter/Mission/Sidequest plot system is great as well. The Spira in this world is a much more dynamic one than we saw in the last game. Chests reset with each Chapter, locations respond differently throughout the game, and thw whole feeling is much more fast-paced and alive - very true to the change that has swept the planet.

If you've got a good tolerance for cheesiness, and a healthy security in your own sexual orientation, I'd say you'll probably have a good time with this game. I'm just nearing the end myself, and I'm beginning to like it a whole lot more as I discover the peculiarities and secrets of the world.

It's certainly no FFVII. It isn't really even a FFX. But it's a pretty good game regardless. It's fun, it's one to play, and I assume it's one to beat (though I haven't beaten it). Will I fall in love with it the way I did with X? I doubt it, but who knows? But I'm having a good time playing it through. So I'd say, yes, it's worth the money you will spend on it. Go for it.

Rostum
02-20-2004, 05:51 AM
FFX

eternalshiva
02-20-2004, 10:22 AM
I liked both, they each have their own personality. It was bit rough at first when I played it cause it is certainly nothing like any FF I ever played but once you get comfortable with it, figure out the mission system *don;t go straight to the hotspots ... look around for all the missions or it will be boring :/* it gets addictive. The humour in it is great and it was one of the only games where I would purposely reset to see a joke or some weird thing again. Some times I was even doubled over in laughter. I thought it was fun for a sequel.

Chibi Youkai
02-21-2004, 01:10 AM
For the first pretty much direct sequal to a Final Fantasy, I'd have to say it was pretty good. Definantly better than X, but it does have it's downs as well as it's up. The camera is the worst part though, I hate it not being able to control it.

gokufusionss1
02-21-2004, 10:02 PM
i'm only 5 hours in but ffx.2 is far superior to ffx in every way except slightly in storyline (but that might build up) the whole game seems to have taken the best things of pervious FF and blended them together. MInd FFX was a major dissapointment for me.

Pure Strife
02-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Final Fantasy X beats X-2 hands down for me.

FFX is easily one of my favourite games of all time, cause although it was nowhere near anything remotely resembling perfect, I wasted so much of my life playing that game that for a while it became like a separate universe inside my head (I was a very bored little boy). So despite not being quite as overexcited over X as I was previously, I eagerly picked up X-2 yesterday morning and got a lot of what I expected. It's cheesy, the characters act stupid, the music is God-awful and half the time I have no idea where the hell I'm going (put it down to idiocy if you want). I'm not at all saying it's a bad game, in the last 36 hours or so I've spent roughly a third of it playing that game, and it's fun as hell (which played havok with the social life I've been avoiding since returning home with an eager grin and the purple GAME bag that screams "nick this"). And while X wasn't lacking in all of the faults X-2 has, I think storywise, and character-wise it far exceeds X-2, or what I've played so far of it, which is what I consider really important in an RPG.

Carl
02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
FFX was rubbish in the fact its was nearly totally linear, and never time just to do what ya want and explore, FFX2 lets you go any where from after playing it for about ten minutes, Only three characters isent the greatest thing i have ever seen, buts thats its only real flaw from what i can see, but i am only onto the second chapter :D

Penance99999
03-21-2004, 05:03 AM
Its sad to hear people call a FF game rubbish. Of all the FF games I have played and finished (6 - FFX-2) I can honestly say none were a dissapointment, none were below average and absolutely none were rubbish.

FFX is my fav of all time. FF8 is my second fav, FFX-2 could possibly overtake FF8 after I get the perfect ending.

At times when I played FF6,7 and 9 I said to myself, I am almost enjoying this more than FF8. Which tells me, that they are all extremely equal in their high quality.

I can fully understand someone who likes 7 the most. Or 9 etc etc. There are great things in every FF.

But to say one sucks, or one is rubbish, I can't agree with that.

Chibi Youkai
03-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.