PDA

View Full Version : Templates

twobitmage
01-23-2004, 01:23 AM
My english teacher wants his papers in mla (Sorta like apa) format, and he suggested I make it my template, so I could "just click" on it and I wont have to go through all that header/footer and margin stuff..

I have it right now on word, and I wanted to know how to do it...so could you help me out?

DeBlayde
01-23-2004, 01:45 AM
APA is superior in all ways possible or imaginary to MLA.

APA, the American Psychological Association, has developed the single most advanced and superior writing style in the history of word processing.

those who wish to use MLA are dumb. or English majors, who aren't dumb, just the field hasn't recognized the superiority of the APA style.

sadly, i can't help you with how to format the thing into your Word program.

Dr Unne
01-23-2004, 02:55 AM
Save your file as a plain old Word document, template.doc or something, and put it somewhere safe. When you want to use it, copy the template file, rename it to "Real Document For School.doc" or whatever, and then you'll have a nice blank pre-formatted document. I don't know how to make a real Office "Template". Not worth the bother, in my opinion, if it's even possible.

crono_logical
01-23-2004, 07:11 AM
You save as a Document Template (.dot) instead (look in the drop-down box for the file format in the save box), for a template, then double clicking it in Explorer opens a new document using that as the template. Otherwise it's virtually the same as what Unne said in the way it works, as far as I know, other than saving you the trouble of copy/paste.