PDA

View Full Version : aries

TheLast1
01-23-2004, 02:02 AM
I was wondering is there any way for aries to not die or atleast come back later in the game.? If there is could you please tell me how.

TheAbominatrix
01-23-2004, 02:03 AM
She's dead. You cant avoid her dying, you cant bring her back. End of story.

TheLast1
01-23-2004, 02:05 AM
are you sure?

Stayin Dizzy
01-23-2004, 02:06 AM
Where have you been thelast1??? Ever since about a month after the game came out people have been debating this. But alas, of course you cant bring her back. If you think logically, you could talk to every person and go every where in the game space by space and never find a way. Youd waste just as much time doing this as you would experimenting with all the rumors people have made up

EDIT*

I lie, go buy yourself a gameshark and you can play with Aeries and Seph on your team. I forgot about that. But the game freezes up in some scenes

TheLast1
01-23-2004, 02:12 AM
well to tell you the truth i've been in the washroom, locked up for all these years., But that kinda sucks that game shark is the only way.:grr: ANy ideas y?

Stayin Dizzy
01-23-2004, 02:16 AM
They made her die, its part of the story man. Her dying is essentail to the game and symbolizes the last of the Ancients dying, and how much pain and suffering the group endures when she dies. It everything. Characters die in games. Aeries was weak anyways. forget about her LoL. Not tryin to be a jerk about it though. But asking why does she die is like asking why does anybody die. Its just the way it goes

TheLast1
01-23-2004, 02:18 AM
Ok thank you for clearing this up. I am so sad :cry: This sux couldnt they make her comeback some magical way like they do in other games.?

TheAbominatrix
01-23-2004, 02:18 AM
What Daryn said. Check the FAQ for this section, and it clearly states that Aeris cannot be brought back by any means other than a GameShark. Bringing her back would just be cheap and trite, and would make no sense what-so-ever. "Oh I'm so sad, someone I care for died... oh wait, they're back, nevermind!"

Yes, they could have brought her back? But why. That would be so incredibly lame.

TheLast1
01-23-2004, 02:20 AM
whats the point of her level 4 limit break then? its crazy to train her up to that in disc 1, i never lvel up too much.

TheAbominatrix
01-23-2004, 02:21 AM
There is no point to it. She's deader than dead. Fish are eating her flesh within an hour of Cloud dropping her into the lake.

TheLast1
01-23-2004, 02:26 AM
you said u had discussions on this before, could you tell me how far back? I wanna look at them. And stop making me cry, shes not dead! :)

TheAbominatrix
01-23-2004, 02:28 AM
We have this discussion every month at least. Just look through this section of the forum. It shouldnt be too hard too find.

Seeing as she's not real, then I guess no, she isnt dead. Nor is she alive.

TheLast1
01-23-2004, 02:29 AM
'ok thanx alot.

MeriC
01-23-2004, 03:16 AM
Yeah, just compare her death to Cait Sith's. Cait Sith no 2 arrives right after the original one sacrifices its body to get the black materia. No one is really heart broken about Cait no 1... so if Aeris came back not alot of people would care what she had done to help save the planet

TheAbominatrix
01-23-2004, 03:19 AM
That and Cait Sith wasnt a real person, he was just a robot, a doll, replacable. And yes, a sacrifice isnt that brave or big of a deal if you just come back to life afterwards.

MeriC
01-23-2004, 03:35 AM
Though he was just a robot, I still felt bad for him when he's saying how he wants no one to forget him, even if a new Cait came along... and then everyone obviously forgets about him -_- I always feel bad for the least liked characters...

Stayin Dizzy
01-23-2004, 05:09 PM
He was a spy though, therefore he suxors...and reeves suxors worse, so even when he turns good hes the bleh!

Raistlin
01-27-2004, 01:24 AM
That way-too-bloody-long scene of Cait Sith "going to his death" in the Temple of the Ancients never fails to piss me off. He's just a freakin' robot. A toy.

However, it does amuse me that the game spent as much time on Cait Sith's death than it did on Aerith's. Maybe Square didn't like her either.

katana
01-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey, at least Aers was less annoying than Tifa. And waht the hell does everyone want Aeris being magically ressurected for? That would make her death completely pointless. It's be another Cait Sith scene.

Raistlin
01-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Aerith was and is FAR more annoying than Tifa, who wasn't annoying at all. Cait Sith(for that one scene) and Aerith(for most of disc 1) are the only PCs that ever really annoyed me.

DocFrance
01-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
And yes, a sacrifice isnt that brave or big of a deal if you just come back to life afterwards. You know, you just unintentionally insulted the entire Christian religion by saying that? I got a nice kick out of that ;)

TheAbominatrix
01-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
You know, you just unintentionally insulted the entire Christian religion by saying that? I got a nice kick out of that ;)

Huh, I guess I did. Oh well. I like Jesus a lot more than I like Aeris though, so I hope I didnt insult Him in the process.

DocFrance
01-29-2004, 02:49 AM
Sort of funny, comparing a video game character to the founder of a religion...

TheAbominatrix
01-29-2004, 02:57 AM
I'm not the one who pointed it out in the first place. You drew the connection.

MagicKnight Locke
01-29-2004, 07:23 PM
What is with the "Aries".

Learn her name first...

DocFrance
01-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I'm not the one who pointed it out in the first place. You drew the connection. True, but I just said it was funny.

TheAbominatrix
01-30-2004, 05:05 AM
Yep, it was pretty ironic that I said that. Especially being a Christian myself. I'm not comparing the two of them, as I said before. Completly unintentional on my part.

DJZen
02-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Well, they DID both die to save humanity.....