PDA

View Full Version : Death of an old PS

Tetra
01-23-2004, 10:57 AM
My old playstation, that i've had for... well I got it in middle school, and now i'm about to go into college - so i've had it a long time. :p I thought my discs (all my discs) were damaged from time of wear & tear... But I just found out, even with cleaning & fixing of various stuff on my Playstation... that the problems i'm having with my discs - aren't because of the discs. Aparently my PS is dieing... :( :cry:

I don't got a PS2 - so i'm wondering if there's a way to transfer FFTactics onto my PC some way? I know my saved games are doomed... but at least I'll be able to play it. Or maybe i'm just too hopeful.

I own the original disk & I own the palystation, even if it is slowly kicking the bucket - so I don't kno if it would be illegal or not... Any Advice?

Outsider
01-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Find an emulator. Some good PS emulator will work with both disks or ISOs.

Anyway, they are not very good, and it's worse then playing the games in a Playstation, And I was told that there are some games that won't run in any emulator.

I used an Adri... something. I guess the name was Adrile, or something like that

Edgar
01-31-2004, 09:20 AM
*BOOM*

www.zophar.net

*BOOM*

rofl

IlGreven
01-31-2004, 11:19 AM
Actually, your gamefiles aren't necessarily done for, if A). You can find a DexDrive, and B). You find a friend with a PS or PS2 on 'em, so you can copy your savefiles to the DexDrive, for further archival onto your 'puter.

(Don't know if any emulators can play DexDrive save files, but...)

Edgar
02-02-2004, 05:40 AM
As far as I know, Connetix VGS is *able* to convert .dex files into .sav files with a simple click. I combined this fact and FFTastic/FFTedit, the FFT hacking programs, to start my striaght character challenge and also it play around :P

I'm not sure if ePSXe, a far superior (due to the pluggins and the ability to 'save state'), yet more complex emulator (also due to those pluggins :P), is able to convert THAT easily.

Tetra
02-04-2004, 02:14 AM
I hope this all works, even if it doesn't - thanls very much for the information and replies :D

White Mage Nico
02-06-2004, 11:10 AM
I wish I could help you, Tetra, but all I can say is either get new ps which is real cheap, as in like 10-20 Dollars! or for free...you can get a program that is pretty slow and might freeze from time to time >.> I say get the ps1 lol

P.S. Like my avatar?:D

Tetra
02-10-2004, 01:21 AM
*sighs* Emulator's I've tried don't work anyways :p

PSX around here new goes for 29.99, used 19.99 - a PS1 for 39.99 a used for 29.99 - prices have been about the same at the few stores I've found that have them... I'll think about it.

Where have you seen a new PS1 for 10$-20$ ?

White Mage Nico
02-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Sorry bout that slow reply, I found em at ebay! most of the ps systems there were 10-20 because there were so many ppl that had been saving up for ps2, and just have 10-20 dollars to go, so they want to do it without work! lol...I..think >.>

Tetra
02-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Vielen Danke! :)