PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Breine
01-26-2004, 05:49 PM
This has bugged me for some time now and because I can't find an answer myself I'd like to get some help from you smart people in here :)

Here goes:

I have this walktrough of FFVII and in it are pictures of a battle against Palmer in the Rocket Town. It's the party that freaks me out: In it are Tifa, Aeris and Barret. There's no Cloud which is, as we all know, impossible. Barret's name is spelled Barrett and Aeris' name is spelled Aerith, yes I know: The picture could be from the Japanese Version, which would explain the names. Anyway, does anyone know if the pic's from the Japanese Version and if not... How the heck is the party possible?? Thank you.

Stayin Dizzy
01-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Well theres 3 logical explanations for this

1: as youve stated it is likely the Japanese Version, as you have the japanse spellings.

2: t is a fake image, made my someone to mess with your head

3: Gameshark. I see this as the most likely. as cloud is out of his coma before rocket town, Aeris is dead. Only a gameshark would allow you to play w/out Cloud against Palmer. The spellings could be the Japanese version of the game with GS codes on, a Hacked ISO being emulated, or a translated ISO w/ GS codes on

No matter what the case, without the GS it is IMPOSSIBLE to fight that battle with Aeris, let alone w/out cloud. E-Mail the author of the Walkthrough and tell them they are a jacka$$

Flying Mullet
01-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Also, the names could just be user-input, as you can change the character's names to anything that you want.

Strider
01-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Gameshark. I see this as the most likely. as cloud is out of his coma before rocket town, Aeris is dead.Uhh. . . no, actually, Aeris is still alive at that point and Cloud isn't anywhere near his coma. That's when Cid joins your party.

My guess is that it might just be the Japanese version, but what do I know?

Raistlin
01-27-2004, 01:22 AM
That's odd...yes, Aerith(that's how I spell it anyway) is still alive at that point, and Cloud is still quite a ways from his coma. Is this an official walkthrough? 'Cause it could be a crap unofficial walkthrough that uses images from the internet, and that one was fake. *shrugs*

Stayin Dizzy
01-27-2004, 02:04 AM
LoL, I totally forgot, when you fight Palmer is when you get the tiny Bronco! I was thinking of the huge materia quest for some reason. Yeah, sorry Breine, confusion on my part. But Tifa-Barret-Aeris being there is BS. it definately can't be done w/out gameshark

Breine
01-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Thank you very much everyone... Is it just me or do you also think it's silly to put in pictures from a game played with gameshark... Darn those writers of the wlaktrough!