PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL

katana
01-27-2004, 04:04 AM
I need to know where I can download openGL. I need it to play Oni, and Oni has an OpenGL setup but it always messes up. If anyone else has this problem and knows how to fix it, I need help.

edczxcvbnm
01-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Shouldn't you just need a graphics card? To my knowledge opengl isn't like Direct X were you need to download something.

I could be wrong and if I am you should be able to find something over at www.download.com

Skogs
01-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Does your graphics card support OpenGl? If you download the latest DirectX, the latest drivers for your graphics card and your motherboard drivers (I found this out the hard way - I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled, but didn't know that motherboard drivers were required for your video card to work - that took me a while to figure out) you have everything you need.

EDIT:// *fixes typo*

katana
01-28-2004, 06:29 PM
Well, Oni worked a long time ago. Then my computer got wiped and I had to reinstall everything Oni never worked again after that, so I kept trying until finally I gave up. I know that Oni comes with that OpenGL file, so I think that got damaged somehow and just wont load properly anymore.

crono_logical
01-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah, getting the latest graphic card drivers from the manufacturer's website is usually enough to fix OpenGL too, as far as I know.

katana
01-31-2004, 03:59 AM
Ive gotta consider this, though. Go to the trouble of getting a new graphics card, or by another Oni for ten bucks. I think Ill try the second, because like I said it worked before, so I think there is an error with the auto loader in the disk.