PDA

View Full Version : Lazy? Me too.

rigell
01-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Tired of leveling up your final fantasy 8 characters manually? me too. Use this to make your life easier. Buy a programmable controller (interact sells a really old one for the playstation) and program it to move back and forth (<- and ->) then set that button to auto-fire so the character is always moving a little to the left and a little to the right. Now make sure that every single character in your party has the ST-J ability, and 100 drain to all of them. now strap a rubber band around the programmed button and the X button (or whatever your attack is). this should make your characters in battle attack and drain to replenish their life. and when they are out of battle, they will be constantly moving so you will always be getting in battle.
if you want to get a good boost on your stats, try and battle little, junction the stat bonuses from cactuar to your Squall, go to his room and tell everyone to leave, this will leave only him in your party. go to the training center and do the above trick (i like the place where joker usually stands). this should level up ONLY squall. when he is 99, get the other two people that u wanna level, equip one with cactuar, and the other person with the other GFs with the bonuses (i can't remember which ones have what bonuses) then make sure all characters are draining hp, and go to the training center and do the trick.
keep in mind that I didn't want any of my characters to die on my game, but if u don't care, just kill the character that you aren't using so they don't level without the bonuses equipped
this is done so you will get the max amount of bonuses for all of your characters, so you don't have to refine tons more STR ups, VIT ups, SPR ups, MAG ups than you really have to.
Was this confusing enough? it wuz 2 me. post if u need help. i know i do

crono_logical
01-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Levelling up is the last thing you want to do in FF8, considering monsters and bosses get stronger as you do that :p You should try fighting Diablos at level 100 :p

Flying Mullet
01-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Why do you need to level up? I find it much more helpful to draw 100 of a spell for refinement purposes and stat bonuses than to level up, as the monsters level up with you.

rigell
01-27-2004, 05:38 PM
ya, i guess your right, why would i ever want to master a game? (ie: get to lvl 100) besides, ya know, Omega weapon is level 100 no matter what. besides, if you can't kill most enemies in one round when u r level 100, i don't think FF VIII is the one for u ;)

Advent Child
01-27-2004, 09:10 PM
you can level a guy from 30 to 100 in like an hour on the island closest to hell. If you have the equipment to do it.

Stayin Dizzy
01-27-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah but then your trying to beat tough Ruby Dragons, Elnoyles, and Marlboro Tenticles)

I just printed off some stuff about bugs in the game (you can junction 100 ultimas to 3 stats giving you 255 everything)

Also it doesn't matter what level Omega is at, I was reading earlier some guy beat the game without leveling up once, and just did some really good junctioning, and had Rinoa let loose with Fallen Angel having meteor, zell, and squall doing like 100k damage per turn

Mo-Nercy
01-28-2004, 06:25 AM
Half the fun of playing an RPG is the battling. If you're too lazy to level up to 100 (even in FF8, where level 100 can be reached in a matter of hours) and end up using some overly-complicated technique involving rubber bands and programmable controllers to do it, it's not really "mastering" the game, so to speak.

lonely
01-28-2004, 04:23 PM
I love leveling up, coz then you can say that you completed it at level 100 and you can prove it took ages by looking at the timer in the menu screen. And Leveling up is so rewarding, coz you think 'yes! I did it on my own!' But thats only MHO!:choc:

rigell
01-29-2004, 06:31 AM
sorry to disappoint u about my gaming al-bhed, it's just that some of us have other things 2 do besides sit there and level up our characters for hours on end (ie: go 2 school, work, have a life). o well, that's the good thing about opinitions, they mean nothing ;) Lazy or time-saving? you be the judge.

Squall04
01-29-2004, 06:40 AM
So al bhed, you consider it fun to go through hundreds of meaningless battles that do nothing for the plot? I fail to see the fun in that. Yes it is fun to battle. But not for hours on end with measly monsters. Well that's my opinion, I agree with rigell, I have better things to do.

Mo-Nercy
01-29-2004, 11:51 AM
sorry to disappoint u about my gaming al-bhed, it's just that some of us have other things 2 do besides sit there and level up our characters for hours on end (ie: go 2 school, work, have a life). o well, that's the good thing about opinitions, they mean nothing Lazy or time-saving? you be the judge.

I'm not saying that I do play through hundred of battles to max out my characters. What I am saying is, if you don't want to play the game the way it was designed and meant to be played, why play at all?

MHO? You're idea is a clever one, but I wouldn't use it because that's just not what I do. If I did want to level up my FF8 characters, I would do it myself.

BTW, surprisingly enough rigell, you're not the only one here that has a social life. :whoa:

Iceglow
01-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Nice one Al bhed 3! It's true though I can go out nearly every night and go college and still find the time to sit online for several hours a day and level up on whatever game I am playing on my PS2

Kami
02-01-2004, 12:06 AM
I don't mind leveling up sometimes. I mean it takes hours for me, but then, I don't have a life. Bwahahhahahahhahahaha.... *flee*

lonely
02-02-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Al Bhed coz I love levelling up, coz you get to fight new monsters, get to draw new magic from them and steal new Items from them so again it's very rewarding, and soo much more fun, you also get a reasonable amount of EXP from big monsters e.g. Snowlion when you beat it you get at least 850 EXP from it, also the T-Rexaur when you've beaten that you get about 550-650 EXP. So it doesn't take very long, especially if you have a leveling up statedgy!:choc:

Peegee
02-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Have you all forgotten Cactuar's stat+ ability? If there's any reason to level up, there it is :)

Iceglow
02-02-2004, 06:09 PM
not only cactuars theres str bonus from Ifrit spr bonus from Siren Hp bonus of (I forgot that one :D ) and others now with Str junction and bonus attached you can reach 255 str before the end of disc 2 then keep someone useful (spoilers ) To lead the second team in Ultimecia's castle I usually pick Zell for this or Quistis at a low level then swap the junction to them and train them up until they too will have 255 str perform as necessarry (once you equip 2 GF to each character at level 100 with all skills learnt you can play around deleting useless skills - Draw, gf hp +10% ect from them then teach them good skills useful skills to keep the str up there with str junction)

Gas Man
02-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Ok well, once you have beaten the game multiple times getting people to lvl 100 "on your own" so you can "say you did it all yourself", it gets very boring to do that again, unless you are lame. Getting to lvl 100 once is good enough, after that you just play for fun, to perfect the game in a way by having the best stats without anything junctioned, doing the most possible damage, least amount of time, finishing the card queen's quest, getting every possible item or so on, but getting to lvl 100 is just boring, encountering the same thing over and over and over...must i keep going?...and over again isn't my idea of fun.

Lord Xehanort
02-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Well aren't you just pleasant? KILL HIM!

Spatvark
02-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Wow, the level of maturity you're displaying is so amazingly high! Oh my gosh, why, I do believe we could be witnessing the very epoch of human civilisation right here within rigell and Gas Man's posts!

...or you know, I could just be taking the piss. If you disagree with someone, fine; it's a free world (mostly), so go ahead and explain what you disagree with and why. However, this doesn't give you the right to make personal attacks, so I don't want to be seeing a repeat performance of this from either of you two fellows, got it?

rigell
02-04-2004, 03:03 AM
sheesh, was i being rude? just defending my point, sorry everyone. I will try not to do it again, Mother

Squall04
02-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Wow, the level of maturity you're displaying is so amazingly high! Oh my gosh, why, I do believe we could be witnessing the very epoch of human civilisation right here within rigell and Gas Man's posts!

Ya, talk about mature, that post right there makes you sound just as bad, I mean, you could have just ... oh, I don't know ... TOLD them they were being immature instead of being immature yourself.

Flying Mullet
02-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Squall04
Ya, talk about mature, that post right there makes you sound just as bad, I mean, you could have just ... oh, I don't know ... TOLD them they were being immature instead of being immature yourself.
It's called sarcasm.

Spatvark
02-04-2004, 04:37 PM
And insulting a member of staff isn't exactly the smartest of things to do, but I forgive you, grasshopper. You still have much to learn of the ways of the sarcastic git =P

rigell
02-04-2004, 06:12 PM
honestly people, move on with your lives and let the stupid thread die. BTW...grasshopper?

Gas Man
02-04-2004, 10:00 PM
By Grasshopper he is implying that he is smarter than Squall04, that he knows more than him in lines of what he meant, and that we didn't mean our posts in a different way, and that we can't be "sarcastic" and that we are immature and he can't be. anyways, hope this is the last post to this thread

Flying Mullet
02-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Gas Man
anyways, hope this is the last post to this thread
Nope, cuz I just posted. :p

Squall04
02-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Grasshopper refers to me as being some apprentice here, as if I were aspiring to be as all-knowing as the forum admins.

Mo-Nercy
02-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Squall04
Grasshopper refers to me as being some apprentice here, as if I were aspiring to be as all-knowing as the forum admins.
It seems he's grasped the basics of sarcasm now.

lonely
02-05-2004, 08:54 AM
sarcasm is not nice, there are ways of making sarcasm sound nice ya know, why is eveyone arguing? If your not arguing then please tell me that your having a debate!:D

crono_logical
02-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Ok people, enough :p