PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bullet

Auron_Kotetsu
01-28-2004, 02:01 AM
Awright, the whole blue bullet thing is driving me nuts. I haven't acquired a single one of them yet, and Yuna's already otherwise mastered Gun Mage. How does it work? Did I skip over it in the manual or something? What the crap?

MateriaBladeVII
01-28-2004, 02:52 AM
Okay- every time a feind with a Blue Bullet learnable skill uses the skill on your Gun Mage, your Gun Mage will learn it.

So say a Balivarha uses Fire Breath on your party. The character that you wish to learn the ability has to be currently using the Gun Mage dressphere. If the attack is sucessful on the character- whether the character is KO'd or not- the ability will automatically be learned by that character.

Some abilities are harder to learn than others- they are as follows:

Fire Breath (Balivarha)
Seed Cannon (Leucophylla, Cephalotus)
Stone Breath (Tomb, Monolith, Dolmen, Epitaph)
Absorb (Haizhe, Flan Azabache)
White Wind (Bully Cap, Coeurl, Queen Coeurl, Mycotoxin)
Bad Breath (Malboro, Great Malboro)
Mighty Guard (Haizhe)
Supernova (Ultima Weapon, Paragon)
Cry in the Night (Oversouled Mega Tonberry)
Drill Shot (Baralai)
Mortar (Gippal)
Annihilator (Experiment)
Heaven's Cataract (Kukulcan, Gucumatz, Chac)
Storm Cannon (Ironside)
Blaster (Coeurl, Queen Coeurl)

Now for the defensive abilities (White Wind, Mighty Guard) the feind has to be tricked into using the ability on you by Confusing it. There are many ways of doing this, but I think you can figure it out. I think that's all you need to know. Just ask if you need more help.

Oh yea- good luck with Cry in the Night. That one's a toughie. :laughing:

Auron_Kotetsu
01-28-2004, 03:05 AM
oh. great. good times. awesome. no, really.

Why the hell can't she just do it Ronso style and suck the skill straight outta them???

If it's not broken, don't fix it, Square. Yeesh...

eternalshiva
01-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Because that would be like all the other FF and they changed the battle system, its only logical to make something that was relatively simple into something that made you want to kill yourself xD AND you have to have that dressphere equipped before it sucks up anything :/

m4tt
01-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
Because that would be like all the other FF and they changed the battle system, its only logical to make something that was relatively simple into something that made you want to kill yourself xD AND you have to have that dressphere equipped before it sucks up anything :/

It's actually pretty much half and half. Off the top of my head... FFV, VI and VII had blue mages like X-2 does. But VIII, IX and X each had a blue mage with a unique way of learning the skills.

I'm just blabbering. :p

eternalshiva
01-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Yeah, you're right you are blabbering *xD* Just Kidding. Actually you are correct, they'rea all the same. Blue Magic, Blue Bullet, Freaky monkey-ish 2D guy, Snacking blue s/he thing, Ronso Rage *rants more*

MateriaBladeVII
01-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Hey- Quina was a Qu. Give him/her some dignity!

eternalshiva
01-29-2004, 02:28 AM
xD Quina was uber cute, I just couldn't remeber her/his race.

Auron_Kotetsu
01-29-2004, 06:07 AM
Quina? Quina was a Nnoying.
(hee... get it? man, why am I so clever. I don't know some times.)
Then again, the only character in that game that didn't give me hives was Vivi, so I guess he/she/it never really ahd a shot.
But back to the main topic... even after being told what they are, how to get them, and where to find them, I have still yet to learn a single blue bullet skill.

Starting to consider a blue bullet to the head. grr.

robfinalfantasy
02-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Auron_Kotetsu
Why the hell can't she just do it Ronso style and suck the skill straight outta them???I suppose Square wanted to return to the original obtainment methods.

Halenite
02-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Actually, there's only a chance that the GM will learn the BB Skill.

Vermachtnis
02-09-2004, 09:53 PM
To bad you don't have manupulate, like in VII. That made E. Skill learnin easier.

SeeDRankLou
02-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Halenite
Actually, there's only a chance that the GM will learn the BB Skill.

????

If you are in the Gun Mage dress sphere and the enemy skill to learn is used on the character, she learns it, simple as that. It even works if that character dies. I was fighting Ultima Weapon to learn Supernova (I was at like level 70 and not properly equipped) and only Yuna was left standing with like 20 HP. So I ran, but still it works.

Originally posted by Omni Legacy
To bad you don't have manupulate, like in VII. That made E. Skill learnin easier.

Yeah, learning White Wind in this game can be really annoying. If the enemy is confused it has two targets, and if it uses White Wind on itself, not only was that the wrong target but the confusion goes away and you have to start the process over again.

unknown88
02-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Hint:
You should make one character run inmediately when trying to learn Cry in the night. Chances are you will die if you don't run.