PDA

View Full Version : Prizes for defeating weapon

katana
01-28-2004, 07:26 PM
I know that the items you get for beating emerald and rby weapon can be taken to kalm for two kinds of master materia, but what else can they do? I heard there was something else you could do if you had both of them or something, and I just wanna make sure I dont do anything stupid after beating weapon.

TheSpoonyBard
01-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Emerald WEAPON - Earth Harp - exchange for Master Magic, Command AND Summon Materia

Ruby WEAPON - Desert Rose - exchange for a Gold Chocobo (not very good at racing, but it can get you where you need to go)

Stayin Dizzy
01-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Step one: Get underwater Materia (Morph the ship with a skeleton with an oar in the Underwater research facility, then take the item to the guy in Kalm)

Save

Step 2: Beat Omega (get Earth Harp)

Save

Step 3: Give earth Harp to guy in Kalm. You get: Master summon, Master magic, and Master command Materia

Step 4: Save right by ruby.

Step 5: Kill two characters (dontr ask why, if you wanna know why try fighting him with 3 and youll see)

Step 6: Kill him (get Desert Rose)

Save

Step 7: Give rose to guy in Kalm for Gold chocobo.

Step 8: nothing because you probably already have a Gold Chocobo , to get KOTR earlier, therefore have all the other secret materias. Why kill Ruby then? Because hes probably the hardest boss in the game (well, with the right materia combo's there are no hard bosses). ut you wont be satisfied until you beat him

katana
01-28-2004, 09:32 PM
uh...to beat ruby, shouldnt square have assumed that you would have KOTR? Oh well, two gold chocobos:choc:

Stayin Dizzy
01-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Why would they assume that? You dont really need any materia to beat Ruby. Just a whole lotta omnislash with Clouds ultimate weapon

EDIT*

Also you can beat ruby before emerald, and without breeding a Gold Chocobo. Making it 1 gold chocobo to get KOTR, to beat omega (some consider Omega the toughest, but really hes a wuss with good attacks.)

Strider
01-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Omega Weapon?

Max
01-28-2004, 10:29 PM
what is omega weapon?

Stayin Dizzy
01-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Where have you been!!!

take the submarine for a ride and you will see this big Giant thing that looks pretty neat, and when you first see it your first time playing the game, and you haven't cheated and looked at walkthorugh's you'll say "I can take him"

Then a 20 minute timer starts and sice you don't have 9999 hp he kills you in one move! YEAY!

If you havent seen Omega than you obviously haven't been to the sunken Gelinka ship either. I don't want to spoil everything, because you might not be that far (as one part of the game requires you to go into the sea), but when you get the submarine take a tour of the ocean. Just stay away from any monsters that take up half your screen

DocFrance
01-29-2004, 02:54 AM
That's Emerald Weapon... God, this is going to spawn a whole new set of internet rumors...

katana
01-30-2004, 02:53 AM
No, Daryn, no.... these are gonna bring back the resurrecting Aeris and playing as Zack rumors. What evil have you released upon us?

Mo-Nercy
01-30-2004, 09:10 AM
I absolutely HAVE to find this Omega Weapon creature! *runs off to play FF7*

Recirculatory System
01-31-2004, 10:56 PM
Nooo, chillen, plz, calm j00rselfs doun. I was wondering what he meant by Omega Weapon too, figured it was Ultima, but then he said Earth Harp and I was like WTF? That's Emerald! And so it is, as seen by the underwater business.

There are five WEAPONS in FFVII. Some spoilers may ensue, depending on your location in the game and disposition on things in general (Such as what IS a spoiler.) - you have been warned.

Diamond WEAPON - The big white dude who stomps towards Midgar. Big sod kills one of my fave characters ;__;
Sapphire WEAPON - This thing's name isn't confirmed, as you never fight it, and it is never referred to. However, general consensus seems to be the things name would best be Sapphire. He's the sea-monster one who attacks Junon.
Ultima WEAPON - The big dragon-ish guy who flies around the place, and attacks Mideel. Surprisingly weak. You get Cloud's ultimate weapon, the Ultima Weapon, for beating it enough times (Ram it with the Highwind until it stops moving, then ram it again for a fight. Once if hovers over the jelly-like forest near Cosmo Canyon, it's the last fight. Killing him also opens a gold-chocobo free route to said forest.).
Emerald WEAPON - Big green tough SoB who swims around underwater. You need the underwater materia to gets him, and you also need to know what you're doing. I do, but I wouldn't want to spoil the trick for others who mightn't yet know. You get an Earth Harp, which taken to Kalm will yeild those lovely mastered materia.
Ruby WEAPON - One word: Scum. Well, worse ones spring to mind, but the lady wants me to watch the swears, so scum it is. I find him to be by far the hardest, I've only beaten him once, and that was through sheer luck. You get the Desert Rose, which'll get you a Gold Chocobo. Anyone who doesn't already have one is a God of FFVII, 'cause I have no idea how to beat Ruby without KotR. And what're you meant to do with a second one, cook it?

And that concludes my short discourse on the WEAPONS of FFVII. No, there is no Omega WEAPON.

katana
01-31-2004, 11:26 PM
What, you didnt hear about the code where if you go to Rocket Twon, run around it three times, take the airship to the crater, and have everyones health at exactly 7777, you take a rocketship to the moon and the space chocobos send omega weapon on you? Lolzzzomglmaohahahahaha*kills self*

Reina
02-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Possible Spoliers

Sapphire WEAPON - This thing's name isn't confirmed, as you never fight it, and it is never referred to. However, general consensus seems to be the things name would best be Sapphire. He's the sea-monster one who attacks Junon.

Wouldn't that be Emerald?
I'm sure at the North Crater you only see the 4 Weapons...

Omega Weapon?
You need to get the Red Chocobo by breeding two max-stamina gold chocobos and go under the marsh where the Midgar Zolom is. He is at the bottom of the marsh having tea and cakes with Lucretia, when you disturb the party he junctions with the Midgar Zolom. Watch out for his summon attack because he can summon dead characters, such as President Shinra who causes 9999 damage with every attack, or Zack- who joins you if you defeat him within 5 minutes! But you must have the Desert Rose if you want to revive Aeris with Zack.
If you defeat Omega weapon your prize is the TONYBLAIR summon materia, where British Prime Minister will cast blind on all enemies (including bosses) with his enormous white smile.

;)
Reina

Lord Xehanort
02-01-2004, 08:37 PM
The one who attacks Junon is just WEAPON. He is the only one with 'weapon' captialized. All the others say 'Weapon'. People just decided to call him Sapphire because he's blue.*exasperated sigh*

Also, the Weapon on the moon isn't Omega! It's Cheese Weapon! Silly Goose!

The one beneath the swamp is Onyx Weapon! Get it right! And you don't need a red chocobo. You need a Rainbow one! You can get one by defeating Joe 100 times.

eestlinc
02-06-2004, 06:52 AM
this thread was good but then it became dumb.

Gene Ohm
02-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Reina
Possible Spoliers

Wouldn't that be Emerald?
I'm sure at the North Crater you only see the 4 Weapons...

Omega Weapon?
You need to get the Red Chocobo by breeding two max-stamina gold chocobos and go under the marsh where the Midgar Zolom is. He is at the bottom of the marsh having tea and cakes with Lucretia, when you disturb the party he junctions with the Midgar Zolom. Watch out for his summon attack because he can summon dead characters, such as President Shinra who causes 9999 damage with every attack, or Zack- who joins you if you defeat him within 5 minutes! But you must have the Desert Rose if you want to revive Aeris with Zack.
If you defeat Omega weapon your prize is the TONYBLAIR summon materia, where British Prime Minister will cast blind on all enemies (including bosses) with his enormous white smile.

;)
Reina

omg liek I have to try that :tongue:

and yes, the weapon on the moon was indeed the cheese weapon, as i remember you made him into a cheese sandwich, um yes... Oo

I thought there where only 4 weapons as well, but I thought for a long time that you get to fight Diamond weapon if you beat ruby and emerald. As i found out, you dont, reason? hes the sod that gets blown up at midgar apparently, or so i was told, i wasnt paying enough attention to the differences and thought it was ultima or emerald for the longest time x)

bah and now i have to go get an underwater materia cos i've never heard of that before, o the effort :tongue:
(on a serious note i hope to hell the thing your describing that i have to morph to get the item to exchange for the underwater materia isnt the boss, cos i dont have any saves near there right now, so that would be a drag)

SomethingBig
02-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Wait, I heard something about an Onyx Weapon? Isn't that just what some people called WEAPON/Sapphire Weapon???

Lord Xehanort
02-07-2004, 12:22 AM
No. It's the fabled weapon beneath the Midgar Swamp. Calling 'WEAPON' 'Onyx Weapon' is illogical. There is no such thing as 'Blue Onyx'.

TheLast1
02-08-2004, 12:50 AM
I just wanted to know, can you get the master materias by mastering all your materias first and then get a second of each master materias by trading it for an earht harp/?

Big D
02-08-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by TheLast1
I just wanted to know, can you get the master materias by mastering all your materias first and then get a second of each master materias by trading it for an earht harp/? Yep, if you master all materia of a particular type (except command materia, you only need the commonly available ones) and take them to the Huge Materia in Cosmo Vanyon, you'll get a Master Meteria. Trading the Earth Harp is a nice way of gettign a second set, since it takes FOR EVER to master that many materia - especially to get 'master summon'.

As for the Weapon at Junon... it's not Emerald. The Weapon that attacked Junon got its head blown off by the Sister Ray cannon. It is no more. Besides, Emerald Weapon is green and not purple, and looks nothing like the other one. People often call it 'Sapphire Weapon' because its consistent with the others (except Ultima): Ruby=red, Emerald=green, Diamond=white. The one who attacks Junon is just WEAPON. He is the only one with 'weapon' captialized. All the others say 'Weapon'. People just decided to call him Sapphire because he's blue.*exasperated sigh* Actually, 'WEAPON' is a general name for all of the Weapons. They never actually get called 'Emerald Weapon' or whatever in the script, only in the information shown on-screen during battles. Thus, the name 'Sapphire Weapon' isn't necessarily wrong, it's simply not used anywhere in the game.

Lord Xehanort
02-08-2004, 08:35 PM
I... I... I... NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!! *me so dumb*

ForeverZeroUltima
02-09-2004, 12:48 AM
*points at the post waaaayyy up there*
yes, you can beat Ruby without KOTR. And as for the LIMIT BREAK a million times method, that won't necessarily work unless you have a week to spare playing FFVII since ALL of your attacks except maybe 1 in about 500 will deal a whopping 0 damage!
this is my method: Once the fight started, with Yuffie and Vincent dead, I had Cloud summon Phoenix right away (that's right. wasted Phohenix right away, since i didn't have Final Attack). Once everyone is up, I had Yuffie cast Big Guard to haste everyone and protect them. I had Vincent W-Summon Hades and KOTR and kept miming.
as for the way to kill Ruby without KOTR, that is possible. Just W-Summon Hades and Bahamut ZERO about (800,000 divided by 6000) times. since Hades will freeze Ruby. then let the other summon take its toll.

Iceglow
02-09-2004, 05:12 PM
the dumbest lie about going to the moon was you had to push all of the shoulder buttons plus start and select above the crater and you had to get from level 50 to level 77 without saving first :D people think I'm gullible enough to fall for it as well