PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

Tokki Wartooth
01-29-2004, 12:26 AM
I started playing this game after Christmas and I could only stand it for 3 hours. It's the worst Final Fantasy game I've ever seen in my life, it's so bad I could write an essay about how horrible it is.

"Oh no guys, what are we gonna do?"

"Yuna, you have to dance! Then everything will be fine!"

"Okay! I'll do it!"

.___.

zacks_clone
01-29-2004, 12:33 AM
...not good resons you listed.

But,i must admit,i wasnt that impressed.Course,i wasnt expecting much for a follow up game.The music i learned to ignor,the outfits are abit...er...reveiling,but i ignor them,but the lines are to girly.i dont much care for that part of it.

eternalshiva
01-29-2004, 12:56 AM
w00t hate thread. I actually really enjoyed the game xD It was super funny. SOme parts, I was actually laughing so hard, I would reset it just to see it again xD lol

Vaprice
01-29-2004, 01:24 AM
Yes indeed, not very good reasons, yet it wasnt a FF game that'd you'd expect to be spectacular. It was funny in some parts, but most guys, wouldn't really like the whole girlyness to it, ya know?

I didn't expect the game to be tremendous, but it is a game to beat.......It's actually one of the easiest games I've ever played in a FF Series.

Tokki Wartooth
01-29-2004, 05:14 AM
Heeey, I didn't even state my resons, or reasons or whatever. I'm merely saying that I hated it. Trust me, you DON'T want to hear all my re(a)sons. I fear the EoFF database couldn't handle it. >:\

Auron_Kotetsu
01-29-2004, 06:50 AM
See, okay. I don't know why everyone is saying they didn't have very high expectations for this title; I myself had higher expectations for this game than I did for the official "next" of the series, that online heresy they're calling FFXI. Personally, I think that there are a few of the games that could stand to be continued, but none that required it as much as FFX. In all the others that I've played, there is at least a general sense of closure at the end. Not so with this title. Quite the contrary; We're given so much hope that there will be a happy ending, and then dumped off with something completely inconclusive. Completely. Oh, and if you were lucky enough to be playing the International version, you got something that destroyed any hopes of seeing the "end" of FFX as an ending at all: the "Another Story" FMV sequence.

So I nearly wet my pants when this game was announced. While not my absolute favorite of the series (all hail VII), it was up there. And the world of Spira was so rich and well-developed that it seemed like a shame to just let it go the way they did. I couldn't wait to get back into it.

They shouldn't be putting the Final Fantasy name on a less-than-incredible game. Any project that bears the title should, in my mind, be the best one yet. And this one, while a good, innovative game, seems more and more to be unworthy of the title.

Granted, I'm not done with the game yet; I've only just begun chapter three. and I have to say, with the return of the Aeons, the plotline is just now starting to look really interesting. The new added element adds some intrigue to what was just a sort of half-assed field trip with the possible eventuality of finding Tidus again. (I'm wondering if the poor s.o.b. will even want Yuna in her current state, if he can recognize her at all. I can just imagine it.
T: Oh, Yuna, good to... um... see you.
Y: Tee-hee! Hi!
T: So, uh... you're a slut now, huh?
...Yeesh.) But it'd better do whatever it's doing fast, or it might end up in the Unfinished and Uncaring box next to FFIX (may it rot).

The saddest part is that this game had a lot of potential. Sure, it's entertaining, it's comical, yeah. Comical to watch a major character from the last game completely break its personality. Paine is the one character that doesn't give me a rash just from looking at her - and her comic-booky sarcasm isn't exactly bearable. The music, while catchy, isn't Spiran at all. (The fact that one can determine what's Spiran and what isn't just goes to show how tightly the last game was made.) It seems like Square didn't take this project as seriously as they would a stand-alone FF title, but rather like some crowd-appeasing expansion pack. And because I paid for it as a full product and anticipated it as one as well, I expected better.

I could go on and on; there are little things that have bothered me about the game from the getgo. Far too many dresspheres, and not enough characters to spread them out over. A three person party jsut isn't enough. So many potentially strong characters that could have joined it, that they instead gave token roles to. Did anyone else look at Gippal or Baralai and think, "Damn! Wouldn't he make a great party member?!" I know I certainly did. And a real villain would be nice, too. The Syndicate's a cute beginning, but not threatening at all. And while I think I've just been introduced to the real threat, here at the end of Chapter 2/ Start of Chapter 3, it's taken too long. Plain and simple. I should not have to clock 20 hours before I find out just what I'm fighting for.

I've gone on long enough, though I have a myriad of other problems with the game as well. And I'm not saying I hate it, either; there are some very strong ideas present in this game. The Mission system, the Dressphere classes, the skill-learning system - all of those things work wonderfully in this game. But it just doesn't feel... right. It doesn't feel like one of the captivating games that makes up the Final Fantasy series.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Vaprice
01-29-2004, 09:50 PM
I know what you mean. I had high expectations..to the first seuqel to a FF game. It did dissapoint me, yet I dont hate it. It revealed a lot of information and mysteries in the 5th chapter. Especially the perfect ending.

Yet with all of the FF7 advent children going on, it was like they cut it short, and just had to do it fast, ya know?

Yet I did like it.

Auron_Kotetsu
01-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Ehh, who knows? Perhaps something will happen and i'll be like WHOA! HOLY CRAP! I LOVE THIS GAME! And if that should be the case, you all have my sincere promise that I will come straight back here and eat every one of my (many) words, and I'll smile while I'm doing it.

Tokki Wartooth
01-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Auron_Kotetsu
I agree with this guy. Yeah.

But seeing as I hated FFX and consider it one of the worst of the series (even though I didn't finish it either but still) how could anyone expect a sequel of it to be even halfway decent?