PDA

View Full Version : familiar music

Enoki
01-29-2004, 01:18 AM
has anyone ever noticed that the music being played while your selecting where to go on the air ship is the same as the music at the intro screen on The Bouncer?

coincedence....I THINK NOT!!!!!

crono_logical
01-29-2004, 04:40 AM
I haven't played The Bouncer, so I wouldn't know, but since they're both Square games, I'm not particularly surprised. After all, you have recurring themes between FFs themselves like the Prelude or the Overture, the victory theme after battles in earlier FFs, and FF9 recycles a lot of old-school FF music. And even the Mario RPG takes a few tracks from FF4 :p It's not restricted to Square games either, you see it happening in the Tales Of set of games, and the Star Ocean + Valkyrie Profile set of games. Usually these tracks are limited though, they don't copy the whole soundtrack but only for rare scenes or bonus areas.

Big D
01-31-2004, 01:51 AM
FF9 recycles a lot of old-school FF music.Funny you should say that. In FFX, during the FMV in Luca where the commentators are welcome Maester Mika to the city, a track from FFIX is played, briefly.
It's the fanfare from the opening of the play, near the start of the game.

Flare_Star
02-01-2004, 03:12 PM
parts of Bikanel Island music is the same as FF9's Cleyra's Trunk.

also, doesnt Seymour's theme (THEME not boss music) sound like Kuja's Desert Palace and general theme?

Reina
02-01-2004, 05:00 PM
In the Bevelle Cloister of Trials I'm sure the music there has been used before too, but cannot remember where. Once I finish (yes, I *still* haven't finished- only at Gegezet) I'm going to go back through every game to find out where it is! (unless somebody can enlighten me!)

;)
Reina

Shayo
04-24-2004, 04:04 AM
no offense, but were all really big geeks for noticing the little things in games, like the fact that they use old ff music in new ff games

Big D
04-24-2004, 04:21 AM
Absolutely - that's part of the reason the game-makers do things like that, so that us die-hards can get a tiny thrill of familiarity or a warm fuzzy reminisence now and then. Adds a nice touch of continuity to the series, as well.

Del Murder
04-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Kilika Forest sounds like the caves from FFIV.

Old Manus
04-24-2004, 10:20 AM
I think the battle theme is somewhat like the festival of the hunt music from FF9, i may be wrong, but whenever i try to hum it (battle theme) i end up humming the Festival of the hunt! :mog:

I also wonder why FF10 does not have the "Final Fantasy"(not the prelude) theme in it, all others have.

Shayo
04-24-2004, 11:19 PM
it does, after u choose newgame, when ur on the dock and the crowd of ppl greet tidus, its just been techno-ized

Xander
04-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Absolutely - that's part of the reason the game-makers do things like that, so that us die-hards can get a tiny thrill of familiarity or a warm fuzzy reminisence now and then. Adds a nice touch of continuity to the series, as well.

I agree. And there's nothing wrong with being a geek anyway :D *revels in her geekiness*

Shayo
04-24-2004, 11:50 PM
i never said there was anything wrong with being a geek, im a hardcore geek :D

aeris2001x2
04-25-2004, 08:20 AM
doesnt being a geek rule so much ;) one day the worlds geeks shall unite and rule the world muwhahhahaha :D

ok nerdish statement over lol :moggie:

Shayo
04-26-2004, 01:53 AM
hmmmm, i wonder who will step up as "the king of the geeks"? someone really geeky, and plays ff ofcourse, and....well whatever else that makes us geeks what we are

Old Manus
05-02-2004, 05:01 PM
it does, after u choose newgame, when ur on the dock and the crowd of ppl greet tidus, its just been techno-ized

No, you're talking about the prelude, which yes has been techno-ized but i mean the "Final Fantasy" tune. It plays at the start of IV, and in the credits of the later games.

DJZen
05-20-2004, 05:52 AM
Prologue.