PDA

View Full Version : Bevelle 5th chapter

Vaprice
01-29-2004, 01:30 AM
yes yes yes, hello good people of this forum and to the people that have beaten the game. Yes indeed, in the 5th chapter to the game, I was wondering in Bevelle.

I got the the 12th floor, and got my buttocks wooped by a...uh forgot the name..but its a huge lizard. I was wondering if anyone could help me past this level......because its annoying me that Im at level 73, 74, 76......and I can't beat the freaking fiend...Its not even a boss...oh and how are the bosses that are Supposedly greater than the final boss?

eternalshiva
01-29-2004, 02:12 AM
omg the ELDER DRAKE. AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE. He kicked my arse so many times I cried. You can avoid him when he jumps back and forth, you just have to time it properly. He's only really mangeable [wtf spelling?] when you're at level 99 and have auto life :/

I kept running into him at like level 3 or level 19. It's random.

SeeDRankLou
01-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
omg the ELDER DRAKE. AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE. He kicked my arse so many times I cried. You can avoid him when he jumps back and forth, you just have to time it properly. He's only really mangeable [wtf spelling?] when you're at level 99 and have auto life :/

Not necessarily. Have all of the girls be Berserkers. Have them all learn Evade and Counter. It takes a while, but use an AP Egg and it's done in no time. Go into battle, and Elder Drake will never hit you. Elder Drake has a horrible low accuracy, so the girls can evade it's attack every time. Furthermore, if one of the girls has the Force of Nature accessory on, she will hit for about 9999, even with Elder Drake's Auto-Protect. Now, if Elder Drake oversouls, this strategy will not work. However, while oversouled Elder Drake's strenth is cut in half, so it won't hit so hard. It's actually easier while oversouled than while normal.

eternalshiva
01-30-2004, 10:23 PM
I never ever got a chance to attack him, he'd wipe me out with his fire breath thing and me dead.

Vaprice
01-30-2004, 10:37 PM
darn it. Im at level 99, and Im getting my arse whooped. ARGH I hate it, hate it, hate it....darn and then you cant run away....ARGH ARGH ARGH

SeeDRankLou
01-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
I never ever got a chance to attack him, he'd wipe me out with his fire breath thing and me dead.

Fire Breathe from an Elder Drake? I've never had an Elder Drake do that before, especially on the first turn. Was it oversouled? *finds previous hiding spot from bad fiends*

Vaprice
01-31-2004, 02:11 AM
HOOOHOOO....Well atleast on a brighter note of not being able to beat the elder drake...I did beat Angra Muyain, Zarich...dude in Bikanel island.........yeah but I tried to beat Elder Drake once again....and he...er...uh....umm....pain....lol.:(

MateriaBladeVII
01-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Okay- here's what you do:

1. Avoid the damn things until you beat the boss in Cloister 40. After the battle you will receive something called Cat Nip. It's an accessory that makes every attack you make 9999 damage points when in critical status (yellow HP).

2. So then you equip one of your characters who've mastered the Gunner dressphere with the Bloodlust and Wring accessories at the same time. Then unequip both of them. This should automatically place the character's HP into critical status.

3. Now equip your Gunner with a Speed Bracer and Cat Nip. Then when you finally encounter the bugger, you use the Trigger Happy ability like crazy on his a$$. For every bullet he takes, he should take 9999 damage. You'll find him writhing in defeat and the pyreflies will be fleeing like crazy so quickly, that you'll be laughing with extreme satisfaction at how much u burned his a$$....What? I did. lol.

Anyways, that tactic will also work on every annoying feind you encounter later on in the Cloisters like Mega Tonberry and Concherer (damn that Chef's Knife and Megaton Press). The only feind I've encountered that's immune to it is Aeshma in Cloisters 75-79. Good luck, my friend!

SeeDRankLou
02-01-2004, 01:30 AM
Shinra's bestiary says that an Elder Drake will only use Fire Breathe as a magic counter. I haven't tested this yet, but I've fought several Elder Drakes and never before seen one use Fire Breathe (unless it happens when it oversouls).