PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Guides

Ultima_Paladin
01-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Do you buy/use strategy guides or use internet walkthroughs? After my whole life of playing video games I only own one. I don't like them very much though because it's funner to find stuff in the game for yourself. Once in a while when I'm really stuck I'll use the internet though but I try not to.

PeTeRL90
01-30-2004, 03:29 AM
I only use a walk-through when I'm stuck in a game and have no idea where the hell to go.

The biggest two incidents of that were in Resident Evil the Remake (still haven't beaten it), and the Water Temple in Ocarina Of Time.

Rainecloud
01-30-2004, 07:24 AM
I don't use them. If I'm in desperate need of help, I'll find what I need on the Internet.

Caltrap
01-30-2004, 08:01 AM
I never use guides, which is why I have hundreds of games I havn't completed. If I get stuck, I leave it for a few weeks and then come back. Usually I think of something new. I don't like walkthroughs, because once you use them once, its a thousand times easier to use them a second or third time and then your hooked and end up following walkthroughs word for word.
I have no problem with other people using them. It just spoils the game for me

--Cal

Del Murder
01-30-2004, 05:37 PM
I use GameFAQs but I try to beat the game on my own first. Then I look up stuff to see what extras I missed.

Breine
01-30-2004, 05:55 PM
I don't use them the first couple of times I play and complete the game, but the third time I sometimes use a Walk-trough to find nice goodies or stuff like that, but I never use them to guide me through the game.