PDA

View Full Version : *headbangs*

Skogs
01-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Woohoo! I just got a ticket to see A Perfect Circle at this tiny arena on Wednesday. I'm also thinking about going to see Powderfinger in Birmingham at the end of term, if I can convince my friend to drive us there.

Anyway, are YOU going to any cool concerts soon?

LH
01-29-2004, 11:25 PM
No, none for me but I'd kill to see APC. Have fun. :D

Skogs
01-29-2004, 11:27 PM
I was really amazed, firstly, that A Perfect Circle were coming here (basically a glorified studet town) and secondly that I was still able to buy a ticket only six days before the concert.

IGN64skanker
01-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Is Mars Volta playing with them? They're playing in San Francisco April 3rd and I WORSHIP Mars Volta, but it's like 40 bucks and I can't afford that. Anyway... that's all I want to know.

metCloud
01-30-2004, 01:45 AM
Just a 'Tallica show way later in the year.

PeTeRL90
01-30-2004, 03:39 AM
Not anytime soon, but I went to see Ill Nino, Spineshank, 40 Below Summer, and Skrape this past September.

TheAbominatrix
01-30-2004, 03:49 AM
I always go to lots of shows, but the most recent ones I'll be hitting up... Swindle, Naked Aggression, Subhumans, The Voids, 46 Short, All or Nothing HC, Broken Needle, Holocaust, Caustic Christ, and New Mexican Disaster Squad.

Peegee
01-30-2004, 05:17 AM
Stop going to crappy concerts muggy! xD :love:

If ICP was allowed in Canada I would go, but NOOOO

TheAbominatrix
01-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Tellin me not to go to crappy concerts when you'd happily go to the concert of an incredibly crappy bunch of guys with more make up on than I own? BITE ME.

hehe :love:

Juggla
01-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Pureghetto

Painted and ready to go.

Skogs
01-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by IGN64skanker
Is Mars Volta playing with them? They're playing in San Francisco April 3rd and I WORSHIP Mars Volta, but it's like 40 bucks and I can't afford that. Anyway... that's all I want to know.

No, I don't think the support act, if any, has been announced yet.

Lindy
01-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Hundred Reasons, on my own though, shame.

10/02/04, the day after the new album "Shatterproof is not a challenge" comes out, which means new songs live, rawr.

I just hope they play some Ep tracks, I'd kill to hear them play Slow Motion or Seems To Register Zero live.

metCloud
01-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Pureghetto
Stop going to crappy concerts muggy! xD :love:

I only like the Melinko album, but I saw them a few years ago and they put on a good show. You cant beat a show like theres for 10 bucks.

Rainecloud
01-30-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm going to see the WWE live on March 19th.

I know it's not a music concert, but it's the closest thing I could mention.

Burtsplurt
01-30-2004, 06:31 PM
I was supposed to see The Distillers (who I've never heard of) with my friends, but I've just been informed that it's sold out.

No great loss. :D

jrgen
01-30-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm going to see Stratovarius soon.
I'm not really a fan of the music but it's always fun to go on a concert.

I will try to see Rammstein when they start touring again. (fall)

Peegee
01-30-2004, 08:29 PM
ICP > any of muggy's "bands" or "groups" or "wussies". :love:

Oh btw, to those who have been to ICP 'concerts', did you bring towels? Towels are a MUST

Pure Strife
01-30-2004, 09:06 PM
I'll be going to see a little band called CK-F***IN-Y(!!!!) on the 4th of March. Ahem.

TheAbominatrix
01-30-2004, 09:45 PM
You've never even heard the music I listen to, loser. Not to mention that some of them have been around for over 20 years and arent annoying little turds begging for attention.

And CKY rocks in concert.

metCloud
01-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Yeah CKY is cool. they have a fresh original sound, which I like.

Sorry PG I didnt bring a towel:mad:

Axamenta
02-01-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm taking the train to Holland in a couple of weeks to see Kaizers Orchestra. They're so freakin great and their shows are addictive. The crappy thing is, they're Norwegian, so they seldom perform anywhere near me.

jrgen
02-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Axamenta
I'm taking the train to Holland in a couple of weeks to see Kaizers Orchestra. They're so freakin great and their shows are addictive. The crappy thing is, they're Norwegian, so they seldom perform anywhere near me.
Didn't know they were famous outside Norway.

IGN64skanker
02-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I always go to lots of shows, but the most recent ones I'll be hitting up... Swindle, Naked Aggression, Subhumans, The Voids, 46 Short, All or Nothing HC, Broken Needle, Holocaust, Caustic Christ, and New Mexican Disaster Squad.

46 Short is such a good live band. We always called their singer "Weekend at Bernie's" because he's all normal and then the music comes on and he totally freaks out.

Anyway... here are shows for me... I just went to Coheed and Cambria on the 23rd of January. Lame. I don't like them... but Vaux played and they rocked the house down. Then I went to Avenged Sevenfold on the 28th. I'm going to the Blood Brothers on the 10th, Bouncing Souls on the 11th, and hopefully the Locust on March 3rd. Good times coming up.

*stabs ICP*

TheAbominatrix
02-03-2004, 12:55 AM
I love 46 Short, I've seen them tons of times. And the lead singer is awesome, he's very nice to talk to.

And adding to the shows I'll be going to, I'll be seeing CKY in a couple weeks, and The Format if Spiff can manage to make it here.

Erdrick Holmes
02-03-2004, 01:31 AM
I was gonna go see Symphony X in Detroit but noooOOOOoooo!!! I had to stay home that night to make sure the dog didn't run away, I even had my ticket purchased and everything, I so wanted to see master Romeo play the guitar.

Axamenta
02-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by jrgen
Didn't know they were famous outside Norway.

They're not, but I was in Norway a few months ago on an exchange project, and my correspondent was a huge fan and he took me to a show. It was so ... it was simply undescribable. I had never heard a band rock so hard. And then, last week, they finally came to Belgium for a small indoor festival, and they rocked even harder! And all these Belgian people who had never heard them before were so ... rocking hard. Oh man.

Bright Eyes
02-09-2004, 04:39 PM
I've been to see H.I.M, and am going to see Thrice in March.

I wanted to go see death cab for cutie...tonight, but couldn't get anyone to go with and enough money for the ticket. :(

Strider
02-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Metallica is coming to the Cow Palace in March. I have my sights set on acquiring a couple of tickets to that.

Skogs
02-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by IGN64skanker

APC were bloody cool. They were supported by Melissa Auf Der Maur (former Hole and Smashing Pumpkins bass player). She was alright, I guess.

Germ Hamee
02-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Well, I'm going to be seeing Evanescence for the fourth time in a week from now. ^_^ Very excited about that; it'll likely be the last chance I'll get to see them live until their next album is out. I'm thinking of seeing A Perfect Circle, but I've heard some mixed opinions on their live performances. x_x So it just depends on whether or not I have money lying around that I dunno what to do with when the time comes.

DeathIsMyFreedom
02-11-2004, 06:01 AM
Slipknot...IF THEY EVER COME TO THE WEST COAST DAMNIT!!!! in......grrr its no fair...all the bands i like play east coast only..I fin hate west coast...GR11111R!