PDA

View Full Version : Gunner's Gauntlet

Lawson
01-30-2004, 04:36 AM
I finished X-2 a couple weeks ago with 87% completion. I'm currently playing through again (it's sooo addictive!!) on New Game+ and I've once again reached the dreaded Gunner's Gauntlet, dreaded for me anyway. I hate this thing with a passion. Is it necessary to complete the gauntlet with 500+ points for the perfect ending or can you just muddle your way through it once? I got the sphere from Beclam the first time I played without beating his record but I'm not sure if the kicking of Beclem's is trivial to 100% completion.

cykak
01-30-2004, 09:51 AM
You thought that was bad. I dreaded the one at the temple! @_@

I think (not positive about it) that beating it will give you percentage points. Also try to switch from the decision of giving the sphere to either New Yevon and Youth League to see different parts of the game but a chance for more percentage points.

To beat the gauntlet be sure to not let the monsters hit you thus keeping a chain to get more points to 500. I personally was able to get about 900 by the 5th time.

Vermachtnis
01-30-2004, 04:17 PM
They start giving you better monsters later, and you can rack up points that way. A good place to get a chain going is near the two bridges, the spawn rate is great and it's mostly Zuu's and the dogs with 10HP.

SeeDRankLou
01-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Try getting to the maximum level of the gunner's gauntlet (*throws controller across the room*). The ninth level is rather difficult as you have seven different kinds of monster, and they all seem to move faster. You have to time you shot perfectly and switch between bullets like crazy. Even with quick shot, you still might be bombarded by six monsters at once and be out of volley bullets....that's annoying. Makes you wish for the level one gauntlet.

Lawson
01-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Well, I finally finished the Gunner's Gauntlet with a VERY impressive 502 points! Heh. Go me. I don't know why but for the most part that mini-game is beyond me. I think trying to get to level 9 would be using more ambition than I have.*lol*

When I went back again I noticed that it's just the same run but with a higher score of 700 points. Where do the next levels come in? Just in case I'm feeling lucky. Heh.

As for the sphere, The Youth League currently has mine. When I was playing through the game for the first time a friend of mine was also playing it. Only he had the luck to have a strategy guide when all of the stores around me were sold out. Anyway, he couldn't believe that I gave the sphere to New Yevon the first time. My reasoning? They specifically told me that the Youth League was disorganized!!! Plus, how can New Yevon be soooooo bad when Baralai is soooo cute? He's not a Gippal, but then, not everyone can be.

*has a slight unhealthy fixation with animated characters*