PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please clear this up for me?

TogiB
01-30-2004, 05:15 PM
My cousin has a problem i think. he said that he was on e-bay, and he found a game called final fantasy 6 for playstation. now i know it was released on one fo the anthology discs here in the states for PS, but he is certain that it is a complete revamp of the game ( ala wild arms: alter code F). he said he seen screenshots that looked like FF 7 graphic shots, but they weren't FF7 (and he should know, he is a total FF freak.) I don't exactly believe him, cause i can't find anything about it. he ordered it of ebay though, so i geuss i will see either way.

Flying Mullet
01-30-2004, 05:19 PM
I haven't heard anything like that and I'm confident that something like that out there doesn't exist by Square's hands. Now ti could be a bootleg rework that someone did, but it's not an offical Square release.

IlGreven
01-31-2004, 11:39 AM
He isn't talking about Final Fantasy Anthology, is he? Because that has CGI cut-scenes.

If he's talking about 3D battles, I can't help you, because Anthology's actual gameplay was identical to their original games (FF 4, 5, and 6)...

I did find a FF 6 for Playstation on E-Bay, but that's a PAL (British) release...

TheAbominatrix
01-31-2004, 11:59 AM
There was a short scene of Square's graphics team... i believe they were just messing around, it was back in the early days of Playstation. The scene contains Locke, Terra, and Shadow in a sprite form that very much resembles the ugly, clunky overworld sprites of VII. Terra summons Bahamut, and that's it. It was never made into a game.

The only time FFVI appears on Playstation is in the form of Anthologies, as a dual set with FFV. The graphics are the same, save for the CGI cut scenes. It may be possible that someone on Ebay is selling the disc from Anthologies on it's own, as opposed to both games together.

Sefie1999AD
01-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
It may be possible that someone on Ebay is selling the disc from Anthologies on it's own, as opposed to both games together.

Or it's FF6 PAL. In Europe, FF6 PSX was released as one game with nothing else with it (well, it had FFX demo, but I wouldn't count that, really). FF Anthology Europe had FF4 and FF5 together.

TheAbominatrix
01-31-2004, 12:28 PM
Oh really? That's just odd. Darn PAL.

Jalbrean
01-31-2004, 01:27 PM
The only 3d rendering of FFVI was done as a demonstration for the Nintendo 64, which is what I believe TheAbominatrix is talking about.

Ah yes here's a blurb.

When a technological demo was released featuring Final Fantasy VI characters in fully-rendered 3D, many assumed that the next Final Fantasy would be published on Nintendo's then-named 'Ultra 64' hardware. However, the demo would remain only that: a demo. Series producer Hironobu Sakaguchi announced in 1997 that the next game in the series would be released on the Playstation due to the fact that the CD-ROM format would allow for more artistic freedom.

TheAbominatrix
02-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah, that was what I meant. I didnt wanna say it was for N64 though, just in case it wasnt. Thanks, Jalbrean.