PDA

View Full Version : Name Some Favorites Bands/Singers/etc.

CloudDragon
01-30-2004, 09:14 PM
So, go ahead and name some of your favorite people and bands in the music industry.

To name a few, my favorites are:

The Flaming Lips
Blink 182
System of a Down
The Used
The Who
Led Zeppelin
Tenacious D

Those are just the ones off the top of my head right now, so how about you guys?

Skogs
01-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Pearl Jam
Smashing Pumpkins
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Jet
The Coral
The Whitlams
Powderfinger
DJ Shadow
U.N.K.L.E.
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Silverchair
Audislave
Gemma Hayes

...to name a few.

jrgen
01-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Stahlhammer
Megaherz
Oomph!
In Extremo
Der Bote
Subway to Sally
Weissglut
Silber
Schweisser
Tanzwut/Corvus Corax
Rammstein
The Kovenant
Metallica
Knorkator
Dementi
Kmfdm
Eisbrecher
Schock
and
Mechanical Orange

Strider
01-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Metallica
Pearl Jam
Aerosmith
Stone Temple Pilots
Soundgarden
Van Halen
Tool
Collective Soul
Dave Matthews Band
Filter
Lifehouse
Incubus
Puddle of Mudd
Saliva
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Led Zeppelin

Wrexsoul
01-30-2004, 11:34 PM
For some of these bands, I like only their old stuff from when they first came out.... then I broadened my horizons, so it's kinda all over the place.

Switchfoot
Silverchair
Dave Matthews
old Weezer
Foo Fighters
Jack Johnson
old Nickelback
Pearl Jam
Creed (only their first album)
Led Zeppelin
old Verve Pipe
old Tonic
Payable on Death (P.O.D)
Thursday
Taking Back Sunday
Yellowcard
the Postal Service

The last one's electronica, the type you don't really dance to -- it's actual songs. They sound like a cross between an emo band and a video game. They're awesome. :D

Erdrick Holmes
01-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Symphony X
Smashin Pumkins
Static X
Powerman 5000
Coal Chamber
Showtaro
Queen
Metallica
AC/DC

Cid
01-30-2004, 11:40 PM
*loves the Postal Service..*

PeTeRL90
01-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Thrice
Black Label Society
Pink Floyd
Glasseater
Stabbing Westward
The Get Up Kids
From Autumn To Ashes

Jewels
01-31-2004, 02:44 AM
- Lifehouse
- Foo Fighters
- Elemeno P
- Linkin Park
- Blindspott
- Pacifier
- Something For Kate
- Detour180

Dingo Jellybean
01-31-2004, 05:00 AM
All you rock lovers...tch.

Alicia Keys
Jeffrey Osborne
Barry White
Bone Thugs n Harmony

Jebus
01-31-2004, 05:09 AM
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Black Sabbath
old Metallica
old Aerosmith
Van Halen
Queen
Guns 'n Roses
AC\DC
System of a Down
Korn
Tenacious D
Ozzy(solo)
The Ramones
The Clash
Sex Pistols
The Beatles
KISS

(Thats all I can think of, and that is DEFINATLY not in order, although Pink Floyd is my favorite.)

Erdrick Holmes
01-31-2004, 05:25 AM
There are only two symphony X fans on the whole forum that I know of, me and Ch8zr.

eestlinc
01-31-2004, 05:36 AM
I'm the only Stereolab lover, besides maybe Calliope or Reno who I've tried to bring into the fold. Stereolab's <a href=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00011D1C2/qid=1075527433//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl15/104-2997463-4648723?v=glance&s=music&n=507846>new album</a> is awesome, btw.

Shoeberto
01-31-2004, 05:51 AM
<font color="#009999">
Pink Floyd, Blink 182, and Radiohead are the ones I listen to most.

Breine
01-31-2004, 02:59 PM
Alicia Keys
Dido
Kelis
Michael Jackson
Janet Jackson
Pharrell (NERD, Neptunes)
Aaliyah
Swan Lee
Kashmir
Missy Elliott
Timbaland
Justin Timberlake
NU
No Doubt
Evanescence
Linkin Park
Daft Punk

...Just to name a few

jrgen
01-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Breine
Alicia Keys
Dido
Kelis
Michael Jackson
Janet Jackson
Pharrell (NERD, Neptunes)
Aaliyah
Swan Lee
Kashmir
Missy Elliott
Timbaland
Justin Timberlake
NU

Breine
01-31-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by jrgen

Huh? :)

jrgen
01-31-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Breine
Huh? :)
I'm trying to find a reason for your bad taste in music.

I was just kidding.

Pure Strife
01-31-2004, 07:40 PM
Smashing Pumpkins.

heshardcore
02-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Nirvana
Placebo
Deftones
System Of A Down
Muse
Pixies

Breine
02-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jrgen
I'm trying to find a reason for your bad taste in music.

I was just kidding.

Yeah, I thought so :)

La Femme Merekia
02-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Hmm...*thinks*

Techno/new wave/pop: Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, KLF, Massive Attack, Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, The Cars, Devo, INXS, New Order, Tears for Fears.

70s rock: David Bowie, Cheap Trick, ELO, Blue Oyster Cult, Supertramp, Styx, Toto, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Genesis, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Yes, Moody Blues, Rush.

80s rock: The Cult, Queensryche, Dio, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, The Scorpions, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Motorhead, REM, Tesla, XTC.

90s rock: Alice in Chains, Live, Primus, Jane's Addiction, RATM, Danzig, Pantera, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails, Veruca Salt, Morphine, Matthew Sweet, Urge Overkill, The Stone Roses, Radiohead, Blur, They Might be Giants.

As for newer stuff....Brand New and The Shins are good.

White Raven
02-01-2004, 04:24 PM
*AC/DC
*Aerosmith
*April Wine
*The Animals
*Alice Cooper
*Allman Brothers Band
*Bad Company
*The Band
*The Beatles
*Billy Joel
*Billy Idol
*Billy Squier
*Black Sabbath
*Blue Rodeo
*Boston
*BTO
*ELO
*CCR
*CSNY
*Cream
*The Doors
*The Eagles
*David Bowie
*Genesis
*The Guess Who
*Foriegner
*Guns N Roses
*INXS
*Led Zeppelin
*Kim Mitchell
*Jethro Tull
*Neil Young
*Peter Frampton
*PINK FLOYD
*The Police
*The Rolling Stones
*Rush
*Steely Dan
*Steppen Wolf
*Styx
*Supertramp
*The Tragically Hip
*Van Halen
*The Who
*Yes
*ZZ Top

(That ain't them all but a good chunk of my favourite bands)

fesser
02-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Rad Bands
71 gaps, A Global Threat, AC-DC, Action, AFI, Agent Orange, Alexisonfire, Alkaline Trio, All American Rejects, Allister, American HiFi, Andrew WK, Anti-Flag, AquaBats, Autortiy Zero, Avenged Sevenhold, Avoid one Thing, Audio Karate, Avril Lavigne, Bad Religion, Boxcar Racer, Berlin Projects, Big D and the Kids Table, Bikni Kill, Billy Talent, Blink 182, Bouncing Souls, Bowling for Soup, Brand New, Casualties, Catch 22, Cauterize, Cheap Sex, CKY, Coheed and Cambria, Corddalene, Crowned King, Dashboard Confessional, CropKnox, Death By Stereo, Defiance, Descendents, Devotchkas, Dickies, Distillers, Drop Kick Murphys, Eve 6, F-Minus, Face to Face, Finch, GlassJaw, Gob,Gold Finger, Green Day, H20, the Havoc, HomeGrown, Hot Hot heat, Iggy Pop, Jackson, Jersey,Kicked in the Head, Lagwagon,Less Than Jake, Letter Kills, Letters to Cleo, Lower Class Brats, Mad Caddies, Marilyn Manson, MatchBook Romance/The Getway, Maxeen, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Mest, Misfits, Missing 23rd, Motion City SoundTrack, MxPx, Mustard Plug, Nerf Herder, New Found Glory, No Use For a Name, NOFX, None more Black, Not by Choice, OffSpring, Osker, Pennywise, Pistol Grip, Planet Smashers, Poison the Well, Ramones, Rancid, Relient K, Rise Against, Rufio, Save Ferris, Saves the Day, Senses Fail, Simple Plan, Slick Shoes, Stair Well, Starting Line, Story of the Year, Student Rick, STUN, Subline, Suicide Machine, Sum 41, Swingin' Utters, Taking Bac Sunday, The Ataris, The Briggs, The Early November, The Salads, The Transplants, the Unseen, The Used, Third Try, Thrice, Tiger Army, Time Spent Driving, Treble Charger, Tsunami Bomb, UnWrittin Law, US bombs, Useless ID, the Virus, WakeField, Weird Al, Western Waste, Yellow Card

i have more, but im too lazy to right more, but the ones i wanna write down, are all punk :P

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Since when is Weird Al punk?

oh and Red Hot Mother in' Chili Peppers, es.

Edit: This swear filter blows my .

Advent Child
02-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Aerosmith
Alice in Chains
Beatles
Coldplay
Eve Six
Finger Eleven
Goo Goo Dolls
Green Day
Incubus
Linkin Park
Matthew Good
Natalie Imbruglia
Oasis
Our Lady Peace
Radiohead
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Silverchair
Smashing Pumpkins
Sonic Youth
Treble Charger
U2

Hanoi
02-02-2004, 02:08 AM
Radiohead
NIN
PJ Harvey
Muse
The Cooper Temple Clause
Ed Harcourt
Joy Division
New Order
Pink Floyd
Tweaker aka Chris Vrenna
Aphex Twin
The Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
Goldfrapp

IGN64skanker
02-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by fesser
Rad Bands
71 gaps, A Global Threat, AC-DC, Action, AFI, Agent Orange, Alexisonfire, Alkaline Trio, All American Rejects, Allister, American HiFi, Andrew WK, Anti-Flag, AquaBats, Autortiy Zero, Avenged Sevenhold, Avoid one Thing, Audio Karate, Avril Lavigne, Bad Religion, Boxcar Racer, Berlin Projects, Big D and the Kids Table, Bikni Kill, Billy Talent, Blink 182, Bouncing Souls, Bowling for Soup, Brand New, Casualties, Catch 22, Cauterize, Cheap Sex, CKY, Coheed and Cambria, Corddalene, Crowned King, Dashboard Confessional, CropKnox, Death By Stereo, Defiance, Descendents, Devotchkas, Dickies, Distillers, Drop Kick Murphys, Eve 6, F-Minus, Face to Face, Finch, GlassJaw, Gob,Gold Finger, Green Day, H20, the Havoc, HomeGrown, Hot Hot heat, Iggy Pop, Jackson, Jersey,Kicked in the Head, Lagwagon,Less Than Jake, Letter Kills, Letters to Cleo, Lower Class Brats, Mad Caddies, Marilyn Manson, MatchBook Romance/The Getway, Maxeen, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Mest, Misfits, Missing 23rd, Motion City SoundTrack, MxPx, Mustard Plug, Nerf Herder, New Found Glory, No Use For a Name, NOFX, None more Black, Not by Choice, OffSpring, Osker, Pennywise, Pistol Grip, Planet Smashers, Poison the Well, Ramones, Rancid, Relient K, Rise Against, Rufio, Save Ferris, Saves the Day, Senses Fail, Simple Plan, Slick Shoes, Stair Well, Starting Line, Story of the Year, Student Rick, STUN, Subline, Suicide Machine, Sum 41, Swingin' Utters, Taking Bac Sunday, The Ataris, The Briggs, The Early November, The Salads, The Transplants, the Unseen, The Used, Third Try, Thrice, Tiger Army, Time Spent Driving, Treble Charger, Tsunami Bomb, UnWrittin Law, US bombs, Useless ID, the Virus, WakeField, Weird Al, Western Waste, Yellow Card

With a few very obvious exceptions, that list is pretty good. Haha. I saw Big D and the Kids Table and I laughed. That's good stuff right there, but I never expected to see it.

Anyway... my favorite bands, in no particular order except the first one...

Bad Religion
Deviates
AFI
Link 80
Knowledge
Bouncing Souls
Rilo Kiley (For all you Postal Service freaks, Jenny from Rilo Kiley sings for them too)
Talib Kweli
Black Star
Millencolin
Mars Volta

Eh. I don't want to list too many. I could go on with good bands forever. But absolute faves is there...

Jack
02-20-2004, 11:31 AM
The Best band is The Smashing Pumpkins

But the others are...... (in no paticular order) and no real order of type of music they do.....
Rage Againist The Machine, Incubus, Blur, Placebo, Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Small Faces, The Offspring, Travis, Coldplay, Oasis, Morcheeba, The Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, Linkin Park, System Of A Down,All American Rejects, Audioslave, Sound Garden, Fiery Furnaces, My Red Cell, Romeo A Go-Go, Goldfinger, Korn, AC/DC, Sasha, Proppellerheads, CoLD SToRAGE, FSOL, AFI Queens Of The Stone Age, Inme,Ikara Colt, Paloalto, The Darkness, The Prodigy, Bad Religion, CKY, HIM, Snow Patrol, Keane, MKL, Underworld,Saliva, DumbFound, Nivana, Duran Duran, The Outfield,Hot Action Cop, Andrew WK, (Hed) Planet Earth, The Donnas, Micheal Jackson, Marilyn Manson, The Cult, Black Sabbeth, The Zutons, Dogs Die In Hot Cars, Zebrahead, The Adolescents, The Ramones, The Clash, Muse

Oh and of course, the greatest band in the eintire existence of the human race SPOILER The Smashing Pumpkins

Breine
02-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Damn, I forgot many artists in my list...

escobert
02-20-2004, 04:46 PM
AFI
Linkin Park
Taking back Sunday
The Used
Blink 182
AFI
AFI
AFI
did I mention AFI?

Denmark