PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Annual EoFF Elections!

Election Booth
01-31-2004, 06:55 AM
It's that time of year, kids! Every year Eyes on Final Fantasy holds forum elections to create the illusion that each and every member has power. This year the elections will be more organized and less confusing because we here at Eyes on Final Fantasy believe elections should be open to all, regardless of poor hygiene or total incompetance.

First things first. There will be four (4) parties this year. Your task now is to form these four (4) parties. Each party must have at least ten (10) members, one of which is the designated leader. You have one (1) week (seven (7) days) to form these parties on your own and apply to me (Election Booth) for official party status. On 6 February 2004 around midnight eastern time (which is GMT -5 hours) I will peruse the official applications of all parties and choose the four (4) I think are most organized and give them official Party status. At that time I will also post the format the election will take.

Of the minimum ten members, each party will include the following:

<ul><li>one (1) leader who can not run for any specific forums but will run for board leadership as a whole.

<li>one (1) representative for the following forums:
<ul> General Chat, Eyes on Each Other, and World Events</ul>
<ul> The Lounge, General Gaming, and Arts and Writing</ul>
<ul> Site Staff, Help, and Feedback</ul>
<ul> Final Fantasy 1-4, Final Fantasy 5, and Final Fantasy 6</ul>
<ul> Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, and Final Fantasy 9</ul>
<ul> Final Fantasy 10, Final Fantasy 10-2, and Final Fantasy 11</ul>
<ul> Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance</ul>
<ul> Genral Final Fantasy, Video Game Music/TSW, and General Archive</ul>
<ul> Chrono Trigger and Cross, Kingdom Hearts, and General Square Enix</ul></ul>
A Party must have at least ten (10) distinct members and fill each of those positions, but it may have as many members as it can find. Only ten (10) members can run in these positions.

In order to apply to be an official party, you must start a thread in General Chat to recruit members and then by the assinged date the chosen party leader must PM to me (Election Booth) the following:

<ul><li>Party Name
<li>Official signatur banner of the party
<li>the ten (10) members who make the party official
<li>which forum position each of those ten (10) members represents</ul>
Once the parties have been chosen by me, I will post the method by which the election shall take place.

<b>This thread is for questions about the process, not to apply. Only apply to be a party to me by PM ONCE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING LISTED. DEADLINE IS midnight eastern time on Saturday February 6th.</b>

Del Murder
01-31-2004, 07:07 AM
I'm glad you (Election Booth) made sure that this (election rules) was made as clear as possible (opposite of impossible).

Peegee
01-31-2004, 10:03 AM
*thumbs up*

Now get cracking! I want a decent slaughter this year of halpless fallen failed 'party' wannabees

Loony BoB
01-31-2004, 10:05 AM
But what if none of the four parties are satisfactory!? ;_; Only four parties? And that also means we'll have no more than forty peeps in the voting options, making it a huge popularity competition. :(!

Peegee
01-31-2004, 10:14 AM
o noes! That means PG has a higher chance of being godly!

Baloki
01-31-2004, 01:04 PM
I claim the party for the ultimate Sex0ring of Newbies.

And I want the FF8 position.

*Gets to working on a banner*

Election Booth
01-31-2004, 05:39 PM
It's just like the real world. Only 40 people can actually be running for spots but anyone can join any party and support it. I'll be choosing the most organized and well thought-out parties, not necessarily the ones with the most popular members. Besides, how many people actually participate in the elections?

Del Murder
01-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Too many.

Election Booth
01-31-2004, 06:37 PM
If I end up with five very good party applications and I can't decide, I might choose to include all five.

Citizen Bleys
01-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Only four parties? That blows chunks. Half the amusement of these elections has been from the formation of all the silly frivolous parties :(

Recirculatory System
01-31-2004, 07:55 PM
I am in agreement Bleys. I mean most of what I can see looks like it's pretty much for the fun of it. BAoTW isn't exactly serious. Neither is Mik's gimp party, whatever it may be called.

But the illusion that the EoFF equivalent of the Monster Raving Loony Party might win seems pretty spiffy to me.

Doomgaze
01-31-2004, 07:55 PM
It sounds like a liberal plot to exploit the common man, if you ask me. Before you know it, there will be wrenches and pancakes and apostrophes in horribly inappropriate locations. It will be a TRAVESTY.

Mikztsu
01-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Recirculatory System
Neither is Mik's gimp party

"Gimp party..." xD

I have no idea what the word means, but it sounds funny.

Only thing that might start bothering me soon is, if General Chat will be full of only party threads.

Strider
01-31-2004, 08:05 PM
It probably won't happen, but I have to ask: What happens if four parties don't hit the ten member mark?

Peegee
01-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Then it's your fault for not quitting half-way and coming up with a better party name

Del Murder
01-31-2004, 11:11 PM
You all can still make frivolous parties, just the more stupid ones won't make the cut. Having 20 something parties makes it too damn confusing.

Kami
01-31-2004, 11:34 PM
I wonder if the manliness and cheesecake party is going to be made again.

Psychotic
02-01-2004, 01:22 AM
YAY! WE HAVE TEN MEMBERS!

Thought I'd share that with you all.

ZeZipster
02-01-2004, 01:54 AM
YAY! I HAVE ZERO MEMBERS!

Thought I'd share that with you all.

Enoki
02-01-2004, 03:14 AM
ok i know this is just my newbie showing (i did join the newbie party after all) but what exactly are we running for?

i really dont care actually this is just too much fun!

Mr. Graves
02-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Joel and PG IMed me about the elections, and I'm looking at Bleys' party, and wow.

I wanna join that one, but.... I dunno. I'll decide tomorrow or the next day.

eestlinc
02-01-2004, 05:27 AM
If you can't get ten members, join up with another small party. make a PG-Joel party together. Band up for greater strength. If you can't even get ten members, you aren't going to win much anyway.

Del Murder
02-01-2004, 05:34 AM
Argh people just join a party already. If everyone looks at all the parties and says 'wow these really suck' and then starts their own, every party is going to have one member. Trust me, your party idea is no less crappy than the next guys no matter how much you think otherwise.

Election Booth
02-01-2004, 05:57 AM
You people need to do some serious work coming up with parties that don't suck. Then again, there will probably be four that don't suck, so I suggest you join up with the good ones.

Peegee
02-01-2004, 06:09 AM
I don't even care. I should've done what I just did earlier :aimmad:

Mikztsu
02-01-2004, 01:17 PM
My party will be one of those four, so you don't have to be ashamed of joining it anymore.

My fear is coming true; GC is soon full of party topics only.;-)

stefan
02-01-2004, 02:16 PM
i think im going to win it all!
thanx roogle

Loony BoB
02-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Kami
I wonder if the manliness and cheesecake party is going to be made again.
Aye, it was considered, along with two other party ideas that would have worked brilliantly. Of course, I only thought of the other two after I'd already started The Newbie Party, so y'no. D=

Psychotic
02-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Hey, EB, is it possible to have a coalition government from two parties?

And also, if only 3 parties get 10 members, and say, our party gets 20, would it be possible to run BAoTW1 and BAoTW2 or something?

Enoki
02-01-2004, 06:01 PM
oh stop braggin'

Del Murder
02-01-2004, 06:22 PM
I want to take this time to say that the Banned Party already has well over 10 members.

Election Booth
02-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Hey, EB, is it possible to have a coalition government from two parties?
no. you'll see how it works

And also, if only 3 parties get 10 members, and say, our party gets 20, would it be possible to run BAoTW1 and BAoTW2 or something?
no. there will be four parties for sure.

eternalshiva
02-02-2004, 12:58 AM
You do not want to know what gimp means Mik, its not a nice term xD

Mikztsu
02-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Yes I do want to know.

escobert
02-02-2004, 02:03 PM
A gimp is like a handicaped person. It's a very NICE name for them.

Psychotic
02-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Nah, a gimp is someone who dresses in tight leather and wears a leather mask over their face and stuff, and they get whipped all day. Or they wear a thong and chains. Not that I'm an expert in such things, of course.
I'd find you a pic and all, but I really don't think I'd like the results of an image search for the word "gimp", so I'll refrain. Uh... go watch Pulp Fiction.

Leeza
02-02-2004, 04:28 PM
<b>Gimp</b> from dictionary.com:

1. A limp or a limping gait.
2. A person who limps.
3. Spirit; pep.
4. A narrow flat braid or rounded cord of fabric used for trimming. Also called guimpe, guipure.
5. A narrow ornamental fabric of silk, woolen, or cotton, often with a metallic wire, or sometimes a coarse cord, running through it; -- used as trimming for dresses, furniture, etc.
6. Gimp nail, an upholsterer's small nail.
7. To notch; to indent; to jag.
8. Disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet.

My <i>Canadian Oxford</i> dictionary:

1. A twist of silk etc. with cord or wire running through it, used esp. as a trimming on clothing.
2. A lame person or leg.
3. A stupid or contemptible person.
4. Limp, hobble.

Peegee
02-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Yes gimp means hobble, but it's also a sadomasochism term :)

Election Booth
02-02-2004, 06:52 PM
eh, it's only a s and m term thanks to Pulp Fiction.

One note: Please watch your signature sizes. Having a sig that's too big or having too many sig images stacked up will be counted against your party.

Peegee
02-02-2004, 10:22 PM
It's only 164 px high and 500 px wide. :)

Leeza
02-02-2004, 10:58 PM
But, PG...the pirate sig is 45 KB and your other sig is 11 KB which makes it over the limit. Don't make me report my fellow matey! :)

escobert
02-02-2004, 11:16 PM
whats the limit again?

Leeza
02-02-2004, 11:47 PM
<b>Signature:</b>
<i>Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.
Restrictions:
◦250 pixel height and 550 pixel width maximum, including all text and images combined.
◦50Kb maximum filesize for all images combined.
◦If the content of your signature attracts complaints (read: if its bloody annoying), the staff reserves the right to remove it.</i>

Peegee
02-02-2004, 11:50 PM
I had no idea because I couldn't see the file size (says n/a or something)

fixed it. *plunders the election votes*

Election Booth
02-03-2004, 06:58 AM
The days until the application deadline are passing. I hope you people have started forming your nominees.

Loony BoB
02-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Damn, the sig restrictions are lacking in the apostrophe department. :(

Spatvark
02-06-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Election Booth
<b>DEADLINE IS midnight eastern time on Saturday February 6th.</b>

Friday is the 6th, Saturday is the 7th; make up your mind =P

eestlinc
02-06-2004, 04:27 AM
well, Sat the 7th then.

Election Booth
02-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks to the parties that have applied. Announcement of the official events of the election will occur after I get done working all day Saturday.

Lord Xehanort
02-07-2004, 12:40 AM
Umm... EB? How many sigs is too many? I think we have 3.

Election Booth
02-07-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't care about actual signatures as long as an official signature banner or image is submitted with the application.

Incidentally, we have six completed applications so I doubt I'll be accepting any more, but you do have anohter 4 hours to send them in.

Lord Xehanort
02-07-2004, 01:02 AM
So I can keep Breine then?

eestlinc
02-07-2004, 01:03 AM
EB should make an exception...

Election Booth
02-07-2004, 03:29 AM
you have 90 minutes remaining to apply for official party status.

Election Booth
02-07-2004, 05:12 AM
Party filing period is closed. We have a nice selection of parties. The official campaigns shall start in another day or so, once I have time to put things together.