PDA

View Full Version : Magic Urns

LingaringBell
01-31-2004, 07:04 PM
Hey, i keep fighting the magic urn creatures, and i can't quite figure out how they work. Are there certain attacks or something that you have to do against them to make them give you items instead of blow up? Somebody help me out please. Thanks

arcdragon9
01-31-2004, 07:47 PM
They have a ton of HP. I think like 99,999 or just 9999. Either way you can only hit one of the eye thingamajigs on the pot. Hit the right one get an item, whether they increase in value or not, dunno don't care. Hit the wrong one and the little imp thingy ejects himself and does a good deal damage to the party. it's best just to run, unless some one else knows how to kill them.

xenapan
02-01-2004, 12:38 AM
the magic urns have i tihnk 6 eyes? hit the right one and it drops an item for you. ive tried up to 5 in a row. but the 6th always fails then it explodes. my suggestion is just keep running from em.

Rye
02-01-2004, 02:32 PM
They do have 99,999 HP. I don't think they're worth fighting because their items always suck, so I run away too.

pixie_demon
02-02-2004, 05:43 AM
hit the right one and it drops an item for you.
I don't think they're worth fighting because their items always suck,

yep thats right. all ive ever gotten is pheonix downs. i guess that might be ok if u r low on pheonix downs...... or u could just go to a store!!

they really suck i run away also!!

Halenite
02-02-2004, 01:26 PM
It is impossible to kill these things. They are just like the ones in FFVII.

xenapan
02-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Halenite
It is impossible to kill these things. They are just like the ones in FFVII.

nah.. they can be killed.. with zanmoto :P

and ive gotten pretty good items from them i actually attacked them while i was searching for the 10 tonberries to complete the capture quest. nothing REALLY spectacular.. but you CAN get things like megaelixirs, megapotions, mega phoenixes etc. but thats as good as it gets.. and its pretty rare as well.

Flare_Star
02-04-2004, 10:27 PM
I energy rained all 6(?) eyes and it went "Wrong!" I guess you dont hit the right eye, its just luck whether you get it (the item)
or not.

Big D
02-07-2004, 02:20 AM
What do you gain by defeating Magic Urns with Zanmato?