PDA

View Full Version : The Conservative Party of EoFF -- Because All The Other Parties Are Dumb

Citizen Bleys
01-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Let's show these fools how things are done, shall we?

Introducing the Conservative Party of Eyes On Final Fantasy, bringing new features to the political map of EoFF--intelligence, experience, and competence.

Platform
-Ban or Kill Stupid People
-Fiscal Responsibility
-Make left-leaning losers get jobs or else starve
-Set fire to anybody too lazy to type out long words like "you" and "are"
-Bobbittize PG
-Run spears through people who use more than ten smilies per post

Current members:

Cabinet
Leader: Citizen Bleys
Chief of the EGG: Doomgaze
Minister of Random and Senseless Violence: Raistlin
Minister of Jabbing People With Pointy Spears: DocFrance
Minister of Ninjitsu: Daryl
Minister Of Throwing Rocks At People Who Vote For Other Parties: Sakura Yume
Minister of Random Urination: Mr. Graves
Minister of Punching Random People: noname
Minister of Neutering Dumbass Trolls: La Femme Merekia
Minister of Genocide: Wyllius

General Membership
bandgeek
gokufusionss1

Those who want to join, post in this thread; If you want to run in a specific forum, list it. Also, anybody with suggestions for cabinet departments, go ahead and list some--I have to throw this thread together quickly, because I have a job, unlike the left-leaning leeches of the other parties.

Forum Representation
General Chat, Eyes on Each Other, and World Events
Mr. Graves

The Lounge, General Gaming, and Arts and Writing
Wyllius

Site Staff, Help, and Feedback
Raistlin

Final Fantasy 1-4, Final Fantasy 5, and Final Fantasy 6
Daryl

Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, and Final Fantasy 9
DocFrance

Final Fantasy 10, Final Fantasy 10-2, and Final Fantasy 11
Vacant

Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Vacant

Genral Final Fantasy, Video Game Music/TSW, and General Archive
Vacant

Chrono Trigger and Cross, Kingdom Hearts, and General Square Enix
Vacant

Current banner:
http://bleys.vespernet.org/conservative1.gif

Mikztsu
01-31-2004, 07:15 PM
I was so sure that you'd join mine party. :cry:

Citizen Bleys
01-31-2004, 07:16 PM
I've been planning this for months.

Mikztsu
01-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Oh, ic ic. :o

...too bad that is sucks. 8-)

Doomgaze
01-31-2004, 07:18 PM
If they weren't using my tax dollars to buy their food, they probably couldn't even afford to get online to make their parties. Slackers.

Yamaneko
01-31-2004, 07:21 PM
I want to hear more about your platform. Compassionate Conservatives, Right-wing, small government, big private sector? Questions...

Citizen Bleys
01-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Bloody well right we're right-wing. Deep pockets, big heads, small tolerance for fools.

Loony BoB
01-31-2004, 07:27 PM
So far it seems you're relying on nothing more than your own popularity and having a 'cabinet name' next to your members' names. Oh, and calling other parties 'dumb'. Tsk tsk. You seem like the kind of people who would show huge discrimination towards other members, particularly those who have English as a second language, by using your better-than-you attitude.

Nait
01-31-2004, 07:27 PM
I think this could be rather appropriate:

http://www.zompist.com/predic.htm

Erdrick Holmes
01-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Question, is it possible to join one party and lead another at the same time?

Citizen Bleys
01-31-2004, 07:32 PM
The reason that I have a "better-than-you" attitude is because I am better than you, and the reason I call other parties dumb is because they legitimately are dumb. I'm a Tory--I call a spade a spade, and sod all that polictically correct nonsense. If I want to say something, I say it, I don't spew out an 8,000 word essay in order to say "Chocolate cake is yummy." If I want to say "Chocolate is yummy," guess what I say?

And I've got no problem with people who have English as a second language--They speak better english than half the native anglophones on the internet!

Loony BoB
01-31-2004, 07:49 PM
So if a couple of newbies came along into this thread, and politely asked if they could join "can i join ur party??", would you let him? Or would you tell them that you're better than they are, and that they couldn't join?

Recirculatory System
01-31-2004, 07:50 PM
And then there's people who are actually *english* and in turn seem to be the worst speakers and writers in the world. Txt spek cm frm her.

I'd wish you luck, but I daresay your Tory would throw it back in my face.

Strider
01-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Bleys, you might want to figure out the source of your slogan and signature. Correct source, rather. If you can't figure that out, what legitimacy does this party have?

Doomgaze
01-31-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
So if a couple of newbies came along into this thread, and politely asked if they could join "can i join ur party??", would you let him? Or would you tell them that you're better than they are, and that they couldn't join?

Presumably they would be re-educated.

Citizen Bleys
01-31-2004, 08:06 PM

BoB, if a couple of newbies came and said "Can I join your" party, I would welcome them. If, however, they said "ur," I would send them back to mandatory schooling. Or else prison.

Oh, and coming back to what you said earlier about me relying on my "popularity": Check your facts. The left wing are the ones who spend money that doesn't exist. My "popularity" ran out years ago. I deal with facts, not fairy tales.

Nait
01-31-2004, 08:13 PM
The problem with conservatives is that their reactionary - always thinking after it already happened. :|

EDIT:

Whoo-hoo! My first they're/their mix-up. This means that I'm actually pretty fluent in the damn language now. :D You gotta have the <i>ear</i> for a mistake like that.

But "conservatist" is unforgivable. DELETED!

Meow
01-31-2004, 08:14 PM
So not only does this platform proclaim the party's intelligence on inherent merit, thus begging the question, but also implies that those on the left wing are by default uneducated and - even more notably - inarticulate. And though the former is just another example of unsupported claims, the latter is reckless and unfounded slander. i'm a decently left wing person, and in the least, i do know how to type. :D

This party's views be of seriously questionable merit. :o

Citizen Bleys
01-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Blanco Meow
i do know how to type. :D

Capital I.

Loony BoB
01-31-2004, 08:18 PM
I think it's safe to say that I've spent more time educating people with poor grammar how to speak proper English than any of the leading members of this party.

<<i></i>Doomgaze> I make no claims to be in the typing Gestapo.

Hmm. A true politician indeed. This party is foolish to think that they are better than any other party. Prejudiced politicians who act more like New Labour ministers than those of the Tory party.

EDIT: Citizen Bleys, if you honestly believe that you do not have three popular members of Eyes on Final Fantasy founding this party, then I may rest my case that the leader of this party needs a more intelligent member in charge. To suggest such things is a joke.

I see no left-wing parties within EoFF spending any money. You are unable to back this claim.

Peegee
Bobbitize PG? What does bobbit even mean? Join my party, where I actually use english instead of words with no meaning

Doomgaze
One generally conjugates the infinitive "to be."

"but also implies that those on the left wing are by default uneducated and - even more notably - inarticulate."

We call them as we see them.

BoB. I merely meant that grammar is my area of specialty, and not spelling your god-forsaken name. Going along with your intentional slaughtering of the rules of English pains me sometimes, you see.

Baloki
The real question that none of these slackers seemed to have asked so far is:

Are you going to be as right-wing as New Labour because they have so kicked your arse over the last 4 years in that respect.

Also if you get rid of top-up fees I'll consider voting for you but probably won't as 98% of all Tories are liers anyway.

Rainecloud
01-31-2004, 08:19 PM
This sounds a bit like that shady bunch from World War II.

What were they called again?

Meow
01-31-2004, 08:20 PM
English has a few rules for which i have little respect, and the capitalized singular self-reflexive pronoun is one of them. i quit capitalizing it long ago, and i think i can otherwise display enough grammatical/syntactical ability to prove it an intentional decision rather than ignorance. Civil Disobedience! <3

<b>EDIT:</b>

Originally posted by Doomgaze
One generally conjugates the infinitive "to be."

True, but that doesn't make it incorrect; it's merely a bit dated.

May i remind you all that you're engaging in <i>ad hominem</i> attacks - breaking down someone's character rather than their argument - which accomplishes little. Even the world's greatest fool can make a killer point.

Enoki
01-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Rainecloud
This sounds a bit like that shady bunch from World War II.

What were they called again?

i think it was "not-zee's" or something like that

Loony BoB
01-31-2004, 08:27 PM
I would just like to note that my name has in fact not been forsaken by God, nor by a god.

Citizen Bleys
01-31-2004, 08:27 PM
EDIT: Citizen Bleys, if you honestly believe that you do not have three popular members of Eyes on Final Fantasy founding this party, then I may rest my case that the leader of this party needs a more intelligent member in charge. To suggest such things is a joke.

Formerly popular. Which is why we have all of these fools jumping at the opportunity to try to bring us down a peg right now.

Meow
01-31-2004, 08:30 PM
This thread is fun. i'd join the party out of amusement, but i don't know if <i>any</i> party would appreciate internal dissonance enough to admit folks of opposing ideologies. :D

Loony BoB
01-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
Formerly popular. Which is why we have all of these fools jumping at the opportunity to try to bring us down a peg right now.
Incorrect. Your party is just the first to offer something that's truely worth debating. Your policies are worse than any other policies I've seen in any other party thread. Clearly, you are the more vulnerable party.

I'd also like to add that I have a great job. I, for one, do not work at Wendy's.

Nait
01-31-2004, 08:44 PM
Capital I is an... <i>Dictionary com, you're my friend, come to me and help again</i> anomaly. Either we should all be saying capital U and I and maybe even W and DH, or non-capital ai. *_*

Of course, Blanco Meow, you're making the mistake of not capitalising the i:s that begin a sentence, even though you use that feature of the language. >:D

Meow
01-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Hmm. That's true...

i guess i can only chalk it up to style: trying to keep an oppositional universality in its constant <i>lack</i> of capitalization the same way the actual rule is for it always to <i>be</i> capitalized.

...But that's all i've got. :D

stuffing
01-31-2004, 09:00 PM
If this is anything like the grammer gestopo, I'll join.

Nait
01-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Blanco Meow
Hmm. That's true...

i guess i can only chalk it up to style: trying to keep an oppositional universality in its constant <i>lack</i> of capitalization the same way the actual rule is for it always to <i>be</i> capitalized.

...But that's all i've got. :D

You extremists are all the same. DON'T YOU SEE, YOU'RE THE SAME AS <i>THEM</i>.

Loony BoB
01-31-2004, 09:22 PM
<font size=1><<i></i>Strider|GoFavre> Do you think you could fix the typo in my party's title?
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Sure.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> Yeah, it says "4"
<<i></i>Doomgaze> where it should say "for."
<<i></i>Strider|GoFavre> No, the second Favre is misspelled. Inadvertantly.
<<i></i>Strider|GoFavre> The 4 is part of the slogan, man.
<<i></i>Strider|GoFavre> It should be spelled "Favre"
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Doomy, you are incorrect either way. It should say "for", not "for."
<<i></i>Doomgaze> I was ending the sentence, you fool.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> Oh, I see.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> Daniel, there is some... disagreement between the US and Britain on that matter.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Hmm?
<<i></i>Doomgaze> Americans write "this is correct."
<<i></i>Doomgaze> Brits write "this is correct".
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Doomy, you should have at least used single quotation marks rather than double. So long as you are quoting what should have been replacing the '4', you should not have included the period.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> No, the period ends the sentence. Because the quotation ends the sentence, it goes there.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> You do see the problem, though, Doomy?
<<i></i>Doomgaze> I see why threre is confusion, but... no, it is still correct.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> It is not.
<<i></i>Nait> Ok, what're you two love-doves arguing about?
<<i></i>Doomgaze> It was perhaps not the best way of putting it, given the international audience.
<<i></i>Nait> Quotes and periods?
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Indeed.
<<i></i>Nait> In english, periods go inside quotes.
<<i></i>Nait> If it's a part of a quote.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> However, no matter how you put it, you still used the period inside the quote.
<<i></i>Strider|GoFavre> Doom wasn't quoting, though, was he?
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Nait, here's our problem...
<<i></i>Nait> Show me.
* Nait is now known as Nait_Solomon
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> <Doomgaze> Yeah, it says "4"
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> <Doomgaze> where it should say "for."
<<i></i>Nait_Solomon> ARGH
<<i></i>Nait_Solomon> PERIOD OUTSIDE
<<i></i>Nait_Solomon> OUTSIDE!
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> :D!
<<i></i>Strider|GoFavre> Nait's Finnish, and he knows more about English than you do, Doom.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> It's correct in the US.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> I do believe you are incorrect.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Should what Doomy said be correct, then the thread title would be as follows: The Brett Favre Party: Favre for. Change
<<i></i>Doomgaze> No.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> The current thread title: The Brett Favre Party: Favre 4 Change
<<i></i>Doomgaze> In the US, you put the period inside of the quotes when you end the sentence.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> You're still wrong.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> I am not.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> What you said suggest that a period should be placed within a sentence.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> Maybe if you are European.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> I am not, so therefore my statement was correct.
* David has joined #eoff
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> And according to your statement, the thread title should read The Brett Favre Party: Favre for. Change
<<i></i>David> Yay. Arguing.
<<i></i>Doomgaze> It's an American vs. British thing.
<<i></i>David> Hmm.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> "Whenever we have to use a question mark or an exclamation point with a sentence that ends in a quotation, we follow the dictates of logic in determining where the question mark or exclamation point goes. If it is part of the quotation itself, we put it inside the quotation marks, and if it governs the sentence as a whole but not the material being quoted, we put it outside the quotation marks."
<<i></i>David> How is for being used?
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> David.
<<i></i>David> "for". is correct in almost all senses.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> The existing thread title is: The Brett Favre Party: Favre 4 Change
<<i></i>David> Unless for comes at the end of a sentence in a quote.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Doomy stated:
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> <Doomgaze> Yeah, it says "4"
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> <Doomgaze> where it should say "for."
<<i></i>David> It should be "where it should say 'for'."
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> :D
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Thankyou, David.
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Now, the question remains...
<<i></i>Nait_Solomon> Doom gets the vowels, Loony the consonants!
<<i></i>Loony_BoB> Do we use this for public humiliation within the Conservative Party thread?
<<i></i>Nait_Solomon> Yes.</font>

Now, with backing by Finnish, English and Americans - I just proved my grammar is above the level of the grammar gestapo.

I don't claim to have the best grammar. It has flaws... but this so called grammar gestapo is educating people incorrectly. This party is a disgrace to itself.

Daryl
01-31-2004, 10:01 PM
I am really, really tempted to join this party. I agree with most of the ideals stated.

But I've been a loyal Goatsecs woman for three years now and really had hoped to see that party rise again... hm.

*holds off making a decision for now*

Del Murder
01-31-2004, 11:16 PM
I like your castration of Pureghetto policy, but I'm against your killing people policy.

Sakura Yume
02-01-2004, 02:17 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>You can put me down on the member list if you like. xD I agree with the all other parties suck business.

CloudDragon
02-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Sakura Yume
<font color=#AFEEEE>You can put me down on the member list if you like. xD I agree with the all other parties suck business.

The Mik party doesn't suck! You should've joined that one! ;_;

Sakura Yume
02-01-2004, 02:32 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>No no, the Mik party is under the "other" parties. *nods* Therefore sucky. You've been duped!

CloudDragon
02-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Yes I know you categorized it as sucky. Well you know what, YOU SUCK. ;_;

Raistlin
02-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Three things:

1. Minister of Random <i>and Senseless</i> Violence

2. The punctuation <i>always</i> goes before the quotes/apostrophe.

3. BoB- since when the hell am <i>I</i> popular?

Yamaneko
02-01-2004, 04:45 AM
Since you met me. :D In all seriousness... never.

Doomgaze
02-01-2004, 05:35 AM
From my high school grammar handbook:

Periods and commas are always placed inside quotation marks. An exclamation point is placed inside quotation marks when it punctuates the quotation: it is placed outside when it punctuates the main sentence.

It uses the following example:

A commentary on the times is that the word "honesty" is now preceded by "old-fashioned."

As you can see, these allegations are nothing more than libel. They can't even get their rules of grammar correct. Yes, I think this rule may not hold true in Europe; however, this does not excuse David. So, I posit to you: Is this the kind of leadership you want running your party? A rabble filled with dishonesty and ineptitude? Or, do you want to stand with the might of The Conservative Party of Eyes on Final Fantasy and the EoFF Grammar Gestapo?

Oh, yes. Welcome, stuffing and Sakura Yume. Might I ask which positions you wish to run for?

Election Booth
02-01-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Joel
Question, is it possible to join one party and lead another at the same time?

No.

DocFrance
02-01-2004, 07:23 AM
Hmm... this party intrigues me. I think the Badass Party would be willing to join the Conservative Party, as long as you provide me with a fitting position. What do you say, Bleys?

Colonel Kirby
02-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Speaking of grammar, Doom, why is it that you often spell the word "I" as "i"?

Doomgaze
02-01-2004, 07:40 AM
That's not an issue of spelling.

The short answer is because I'm lazy. The medium-length answer is because I tend to use my level of adherence to grammatical rules as an indicator of how serious I am - when I'm goofing around, the i's come out.

If DocFrance is worthy, you won't live to hear the end of the long answer.

Colonel Kirby
02-01-2004, 07:50 AM
It is my humble opinion that you are unqualified for a position to dictate proper grammar, loser.

Doomgaze
02-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Objection noted and ignored.

Citizen Bleys
02-01-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by DocFrance
Hmm... this party intrigues me. I think the Badass Party would be willing to join the Conservative Party, as long as you provide me with a fitting position. What do you say, Bleys?

Well, Conservatism is definitely Badass, it would seem to be a fitting merger. How about the Ministry of Kicking And Taking Names?

DocFrance
02-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Well, considering that I was the only member of the Badass Party, I wouldn't be too heart-broken to have it be a hostile takeover.

Also, could there be an addendum to the platform about running spears through people who use over ten smilies in each post?

Doomgaze
02-01-2004, 08:16 AM
You can say "Badass", but not the word that is like "Arse." Odd, eh?

Loony BoB
02-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Just to clarify to everyone regarding the pre-mentioned grammar issue - we were both right. It seems different writers in America use different grammar, depending on the magazine/book/etc. that they're writing for. For more details, please see This LJ entry (http://www.livejournal.com/users/doomgaze/41876.html?view=246932#t246932), although be warned, some of the language may be found as offensive. So you can feel free to use it however you wish. I choose logic rather than George W. Bush's incompetency to change something that does, indeed, need changing... it seems.

However.

You can say "Badass", but not the word that is like "Arse." Odd, eh?

Should you keep the comma out of the quotation marks, should you not also keep the period out of the quotation marks?

Recirculatory System
02-01-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm not in this party, so feel free to tell me off if you want Bleys, I'll just ignore it.

But the grammer thing - I write quotes as they would be written down/were written originally. Thus, quotation marks include periods if they're at the end of a sentence, but not if it is a stand-alone word. I never finish quotes with commas, if there should be one I omit it.

However, I see nothing illogical with American spelling or grammer. Seems perfectly logical to me to make things easier for oneself. As for spelling, well don't get me started - most words which have an 's' in England that gets changed to a 'z' in American have a 'z' sound, not an 's'. The word is pronounced 'co-lor', not 'co-lowr'. Logica can't be argued, because the US have the most logical form of English there is. Furthermore, it is a fallicy to say it has been distorted from 'real' English. American English is far closer to Shakespearean English than tradition, English English.

Besides which in a few years the point will be moot. The rate of globalisation and the greatly increased level of global communication (Such as the internet.) will lead to a globally accepted version of English. And all that will be left will be a horde of xenophobic, arrogant, neo-Nazi people who can't accept that the world is changing.

Yeah, anyways, I'm going to leave you to your nazorism now.

Citizen Bleys
02-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Well, considering that I was the only member of the Badass Party, I wouldn't be too heart-broken to have it be a hostile takeover.

Also, could there be an addendum to the platform about running spears through people who use over ten smilies in each post?

Actually, I'll make you the minister in charge of doing just that xD

stuffing
02-01-2004, 02:50 PM
now hold on a sec, i never said i was going to join

Citizen Bleys
02-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by stuffing
now hold on a sec, i never said i was going to join

Hi Scott Brison.

stuffing
02-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Hi Scott Brison.

hey there stockwell dave

Citizen Bleys
02-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Try Joe Clark.

HOOTERS
02-01-2004, 03:14 PM
D'arr, this party blows.

Doomgaze
02-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Should you keep the comma out of the quotation marks, should you not also keep the period out of the quotation marks?

...Erm, no. That was a typo - the comma should have been inside the quotation marks.

stuffing, the EGG IS an integral part of the party, as you can see.

Heath
02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Raistlin
Three things:

1. Minister of Random <i>and Senseless</i> Violence

2. The punctuation <i>always</i> goes before the quotes/apostrophe.

3. BoB- since when the hell am <i>I</i> popular?

1. Does that mean if there was a reason for the violence, you would refuse to carry it out?

2. If it weren't for that, I thought this party would have been <s>great</s> better than the others that suck.

3. Being involved in politics automatically makes you unpopular, or so it seems.

eestlinc
02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
I think you are trivializing the horrific magnitude of the holocaust. The gestapo is not a laughing matter.

Citizen Bleys
02-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Alright, enough of this nonsense. Time to get serious.

We are adding ninjitsu to our repertoire. Join the Conservative Party and get free Ninja training! By 2006, all Tories will be trained, shadowy killers who stalk the night.

Baloki
02-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Like Michal Howard then, sorry hes a vampire isn't he...

Citizen Bleys
02-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Ninja > vampire

Daryl
02-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Alright, enough of this nonsense. Time to get serious.

We are adding ninjitsu to our repertoire. Join the Conservative Party and get free Ninja training! By 2006, all Tories will be trained, shadowy killers who stalk the night.

Okay. It seems Goatsecs are not rising this year, but I think my former party members would agree, that a party with ninjas, is a party for any rational-minded former Goatsec to join.

Count me in! *signs up*

I could run for the category including FFVI, like I have every other year... and/or be the Minister of Ninjitsu... or something else. I will trust our noble Leader Bleys to find a worthy role for me.

Citizen Bleys
02-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Glad to have you aboard.

Mr. Graves
02-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Here here, also?

DocFrance
02-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by fesser
. Aeris Is NOT Coming back
. These are the charcters Voices
Cloud- The main character from "A knights tale"
Seph Clone- *dies* Orlando bloom
Barret- *rolls eyes* common guys, we all knew it was comming....Mr. T
Tifa- *sigh* pamula anderson, thats pretty obvious too:P oh well shes hot lol
Vincent- Keeana Reeves
. The Wheel Chair Guy Is HOJO!
. The sephiroth clone was definatly made by Hojo, hojo apperently made him in the game while he was trying to find aeris to study her also. Because the real Sephiroth clone was such a success, hojo decided to make another one, and make more and more so they would take over the world. But seeming how he had a little problem with the...*ahem* death thing... well speaking of which hes not dead, just paralyzed and needs to be brought to life

Can we say that this is what we're fighting against? Our platform, if you will?

Raistlin
02-02-2004, 02:25 AM
That guy had two things right:

1. Aeris is not coming back
2. Barret is Mr. T incarnate

Everything else makes me sick. :mad:

DocFrance
02-02-2004, 02:49 AM
Typical rumor-monger. Can we add a clause about rumor-mongers?

Casey
02-02-2004, 05:58 AM
I'm all for conservatism. Count me in.

Citizen Bleys
02-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Typical rumor-monger. Can we add a clause about rumor-mongers?

It falls under the category of stupidity

Originally posted by Mr. Graves
Here here, also?

Does that mean you're in?

Originally posted by noname
I'm all for conservatism. Count me in.

Qualifying ten members are automatically in Cabinet--what ministry do you want?

Mr. Graves
02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Basically, yeah. :P

Flying Mullet
02-02-2004, 08:58 PM
D'arr, this be a sissy-la-la party!

Citizen Bleys
02-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Graves: What cabinet post?

Mr. Graves
02-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Minister of Random Urination. ( of 'Put cat-litter box' or something like that afterwards of you'd like...I'm not feeling creative at all right now. Or just let me think of something later, if it's cool with you. xD)

I'll take EoEO, if it's available. Or the Lounge.

Citizen Bleys
02-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Best Cabinet Ministry yet.

Peegee
02-02-2004, 11:17 PM
I'll squashbuckle you all ... or something

escobert
02-02-2004, 11:19 PM
I'll send all ye to davey jonses locker!

Peegee
02-02-2004, 11:21 PM
And then I'll pillage your loins!

Casey
02-02-2004, 11:51 PM

Qualifying ten members are automatically in Cabinet--what ministry do you want?

Minister of Punching Random People. Yea.

escobert
02-02-2004, 11:57 PM
D'ARRRRRRR! *punches noname then plunders socks!*

Mr. Graves
02-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Bert
I'll send all ye to davey jonses locker!

*send all of you.

*urinates on PG and Bert* Outta our thread.

Raistlin
02-03-2004, 01:07 AM
Oh, and I want whatever category Feedback's in. Feedback's my home.

DocFrance
02-03-2004, 02:31 AM
I'll take the Final Fantasies from 7 and up. Those seem like prime breeding grounds for spear-jabbing targets.

Citizen Bleys
02-03-2004, 02:41 AM
OK, I've updated the first post in this thread.

Mr. Graves
02-03-2004, 03:59 AM
General Chat, Eyes On Each Other, World Events.

Wise choices. Me and my untrustworthy urinary tract won't let you down.

Citizen Bleys
02-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Not my choices. You asked for EoEo.

I only choose for those who don't choose for themselves. Or something. Yeah.

Mr. Graves
02-04-2004, 02:18 AM
True. I just didn't expect World Event and General Chat too. xD Wise, because those are the parts of the forum I'm most active in.

Bandgeek
02-04-2004, 04:15 AM
can I join as a member(yet not be in charge of anything) as I too enjoy looking down at those who I'm better than.... liberals are the nadir of society .....blah...blah...
blah..... let me join.

Election Booth
02-04-2004, 04:58 AM
I hope you guys get enough members because you are obviously organized.

La Femme Merekia
02-04-2004, 05:07 AM
What's your stance on troll control?

DocFrance
02-04-2004, 05:12 AM
In order to control the troll population, we would like to place into effect a troll neutering program. However, you can't simply cut the troll's reproductive organs off - you'll have to burn them off, since trolls can regenerate lost limbs. If you join our party, I'm sure we can make you the Minister of Troll Neutering.

La Femme Merekia
02-04-2004, 05:16 AM
Their ability to make sarcastic quips won't be too affected by this procedure, will it? I'm all for getting rid of the stupid and malicious trolls, but the smarmy cynical ones are kinda funny.

Wyllius
02-04-2004, 03:47 PM
I'll join, but only if I'm allowed to continue my programs of Genocide research and deconstructing Religion for the next war. Plus I won't be voting, Democracy doesn't work for me.

Citizen Bleys
02-04-2004, 06:07 PM
And that's our ten!

((Those of you who haven't chosen a forum yet, try to let me know by the end of the day tomorrow (Thursday), since I'll be sending Election Booth our candidacy PM before I go to work Friday--I don't want to be disqualified because I was at work when party registrations close.))

eestlinc
02-04-2004, 06:42 PM
don't forget your signature banner. :)

Citizen Bleys
02-04-2004, 06:48 PM
It'll suck if I make it, but I'll make one, all right.

eestlinc
02-04-2004, 06:49 PM
existence is all that matters.

well, size matters too. xD (as in, fit in the sig restrictions)

gokufusionss1
02-04-2004, 06:50 PM
is it too late join i'm the most right wing person i've ever met.

I nominate myself for
minsiter of sending imigrants back to bongo bongo land.

Raistlin
02-04-2004, 07:09 PM
gokuwhatever: it's never too late to join. However, only the first ten members get their own Cabinet.

Citizen Bleys
02-04-2004, 07:19 PM
WesLY has it correct. More members is better, though. It gives us a larger ninja army.

EDIT: I made a banner. It sucks, because I have no graphic talent, and just went with the KISS rule. If someone can do better, by all means do so.

http://bleys.vespernet.org/conservative1.gif

If anybody wants the psd, PM me or something.

(Just to add to the evil, I used the exact shade of blue that Microsoft uses for their Certified Professional logo: #0099FF)

Sasquatch
02-05-2004, 06:11 AM
I would join--well hell, I would have been one of the first few members--but I'm slightly detained at this point.

Maybe next year when I'm back from Iraq, I'll see what I can do.

adam.abbott1@us.army.mil

Be sure to email me when I'm over there, it's about the only contact I'll have with the real world. And I'd like to see how this forum works out, I know I've already been gone for a while already...but what the hell.

Citizen Bleys
02-05-2004, 01:58 PM
We'll make you an honorary member anyways.

Meow
02-06-2004, 03:31 AM
Despite my political leanings and membership to a competing party, i must admit your slogan rocks.

eestlinc
02-06-2004, 03:35 AM
I'm definitely rooting for the conservatives here

DocFrance
02-06-2004, 05:03 AM
Everybody's a Conservative at heart.

Citizen Bleys
02-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Everybody's a Conservative at heart.

And those who aren't can have their bleeding liberal hearts removed.

Election Booth
02-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Pms sent. answer away. In a PM to me of course. good luck and make sure everyone ie Wyllius answers.

Citizen Bleys
02-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Answered. That was fun.

Election Booth
02-10-2004, 06:18 PM
both answers I've gotten from this party have been quite good.

Citizen Bleys
02-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Me and Doom, eh?

Doomgaze
02-10-2004, 07:12 PM
No, I haven't done it yet.

And I'm NOT singing, I don't know what the second one is talking about, so I have to do the lameass Cid ranking one.

eestlinc
02-10-2004, 07:27 PM
the second one refers to a thread in the general archive. i hope some actually does choice a and b since so far my two answers have been choice c.

oh and Wyll is the other who has answered. xD

edit: so apparently the "how della got his groove back" thread isn't in the gen archive. you can make something up anyway.

DocFrance
02-10-2004, 08:34 PM
That was a tough one - I actually had to load up the game so I could remind myself - I haven't played that one in a long time.