PDA

View Full Version : STUPID TOWERS

arcdragon9
01-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Ok. I attempted a calibration for every tower, 1-10. i completed half of them. According to the guide, there is no need to calibrate them succesfuly to get the Samuria's Honor Garment Grid. I did just that. I got a few, not all, but I made an attempt for all of them. The moron of a technichian won't fork it over:mad:! Any ideas of why? Is the guide wrong? Must I actualy succesfully calibrate them all? Anyone?

SeeDRankLou
02-01-2004, 01:07 AM
You don't have to successfully completely calibrate all of them, but you do have to do some of them, I think like six. I got the garment grid by getting seven, I don't know if that's the magic number, but I think it's six.

arcdragon9
02-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Hmmmm.....I had considered that possibility. Thank You..I know I got at least 3 or 4. Med, It aint worth it.

robfinalfantasy
02-07-2004, 06:48 PM
I know you must calibrate 5 of them. I calibrated 9 and left the last tower alone. You might have to calibrate them perfectly though. I'm not sure about that though.

Optium
02-15-2004, 07:08 PM
The only two I didn't get were 7 and 10. I'll probably go
back and do 10 some time, but 7 is just impossible.

.opt

eternalshiva
02-16-2004, 10:08 AM
I only calibrated like four I think and I got the grid no problem :/ Weird.

SuperPac
02-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Maybe there are a select few that have to be calibrated specifically... I don't know. I don't like that kind of mini game, so I decided I'd let it wait until my second play through. I'll post my findings when I get there.

zacks_clone
02-17-2004, 03:15 PM
time for the game guide(yes,im a wimp.must get guide.i think i skipped that part all together).Do 5 out of 10 towers,and get a full 30 score on all of the 5 you do.

SeeDRankLou
02-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
time for the game guide(yes,im a wimp.must get guide.i think i skipped that part all together

There's no shame in that. And I know through experience that you must at least attempt to calibrate all 10 of them for the garment grid. When I finished trying the first nine, I went back to talk to the Al Bhed guy, I just wanted to see how I had done, and I saw a spot for the tenth one that I forgot to do, and I didn't get the garment grid until I tried the tenth one.

MateriaBladeVII
02-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Actually, the only requirement for getting this Garment Grid is attempting all ten of them. You don't have to calibrate a single one. However, if Tower 10 is calibrated, you will be rewarded with a Ribbon accessory later on in the game when you return to Thunder Plains to eliminate the feinds before Yuna's concert.

jochirin
03-01-2004, 09:18 AM
do you need to calibrate tower nuber 7 to get that ribbon? just want to make sure only tower ten only one tower the last one right?... im on my second run throug the game and i dont want to miss anything but god damn i just hate this ing stupid mini game. id rather make 400 dodges or 1000 rope jumps blah i hate that tower 7 i so ing hate it GAH i tryed it for 2h 30 min last night i got to 29 damn im so ing mad hate it

SeeDRankLou
03-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by jochirin
do you need to calibrate tower nuber 7 to get that ribbon? just want to make sure only tower ten only one tower the last one right?... im on my second run throug the game and i dont want to miss anything but god damn i just hate this stupid mini game. id rather make 400 dodges or 1000 rope jumps blah i hate that tower 7 i so hate it GAH i tryed it for 2h 30 min last night i got to 29 damn im so mad hate it

You do not need to calibrate tower 7 for the ribbon (thank god!). That tower is next to impossible. I have done it, but that's because I'm horribly stubborn and absolutely refuse to be beaten by a video game. So, an hour and a half and several dents in my wall later, I finally did it. Worth it?.....no, except to please my ego.

And 400 dodges?....don't make that sigil harder than it was to get, 200 was bad enough. And personally, I thought 1000 jumps would be harder than it was, but I would rather have to do 1000 jumps than calibrate tower 7.

jochirin
03-08-2004, 08:37 AM
doh i cant find tower number 10... :P where is it :P

Go powerful women
03-09-2004, 03:46 AM
jochirin. Did you get the one by the lake. I only callibrated like three and i got the grid. I don't know.f If you go near the lake and run around it hittin x you can find the tower across the lake. Then you can attempt to callinbrate it. Warning: It is a reverse memory game. They tell you keys and you put the sequence in backwards. We had trouble finding the lake one so i assume that is the one you are missing.:love:

jochirin
03-15-2004, 08:04 AM
i kinda found the one by the lake by my sealf later on (just by luck i was valking around pressing x) but thx anway :D

DarkNation
03-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Right, ive calibrated all 10 towers and i can conclusively say that 8 is by far the hardest! Why do ye think 7 is so hard.All of rikkus ones are grand. No 8 is just ridiculous. It took me so freaking long!!! The last 4 or 5 drops are just completely down to luck.

Anyway, the guy was happy i calibrated all 10 and gave me te grid but then he started blabbing on about getting them all perfectly (ie with no misses i think). That i feel is reasonable for all towers except 8, for which it must be impossible.

But if there is anyone out there who has done them all perfectly, what do you get? Im not neccesarily asking those of you with guides coz i cant even imagine the guide makers doing no 8 perfectly. I cant even imagine the man who made this particular mini game being able to do 8 perfectly. I could sooner do 10 million lightning dodges while simultaneously getting excalibur 2 in ff 9!

jochirin
03-17-2004, 07:52 AM
i kinda think the tower you find hardest depend on how your brain works. beeing good att difrent things.

Xander
03-17-2004, 09:18 AM
I found 7 the hardest tower, took me about 10-15 tries >_< I calibrated all 9, but not number 10. I tried and was doing pretty well, until it got to 5 symbols. Remembering 5 symbols in reverse? No way xD So then I stopped. I'm kinda determined that I might do it later though. Those towers stressed me out, cos I didn't want to continue until calibrating most of them.

But if there is anyone out there who has done them all perfectly, what do you get?

As MateriaBladeVII said: "However, if Tower 10 is calibrated, you will be rewarded with a Ribbon accessory later on in the game when you return to Thunder Plains to eliminate the feinds before Yuna's concert" :p

They are tricky, but just require practise and I'm pretty good at those dancing/rhythm games which probably kinda helped.

jochirin
03-17-2004, 09:26 AM
try using paper and pen when u get to 4 buttons. thats how i did it i got it on my third try (there is time to do this) when its time for input just look att the paper and do it backvards no need for thinking just need to know where the buttons are on the pad caus you dont have time to look att it. but after doing the other towers you bprobably know where they are

NM
03-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I tried callibrating the towers last nite on my second go through the game. (Didn't do it first time.) And once again Square decide to put some really annoying mini game into a Final Fantasy game.

Least now I know you don't have to do them all to get something out of it. :D 19 attempts at tower 7 and I couldn't get it. Did the others fine appart from 10 havn't had ago at that one yet.