PDA

View Full Version : I want to know about World Passes!

White Mage Nico
01-31-2004, 09:01 PM
Hello, I am the wondering White Mage, Nico! (You say Nico like this, Neeko! And please just call me Nico.) I would like to know about world passes, I dont have FFXI yet, but I want to be able to switch servers because well... because what if my friends end up in pheonix and I am in some place called Shiva? x.x please explain these to me! lol :D

Bahamut2000X
02-01-2004, 04:41 AM
Well the way it works is. First you need to obtain the password for a world pass for the server you wish to go on. You can only purchase world passes for your serser, so let's say your in Shiva, you buy a world pass, but the world pass is only to allow people with the password (world passes have 5 uses by the way) to go to the server the world pass is for (in this example it's shiva) So how do you obtain a world pass password for another server you ask? Well your friends either need to get the world pass on thier server and then give the password to you. Or go to places like www.ffvault.ign.com or www.ffxionline.com/forums where you can request world passes for a particular server.

Hope that made sense.

White Mage Nico
02-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Thank you VERY much! By the way, I will be getting ffXI in the middle of april, I am getting ps2 version, and I will either be Elvaan or hume, with the name Nico *_*

White Mage Nico
02-01-2004, 04:44 PM
So dont kill me if were not on the same country...lol, I will just kill you! jk.

Also, I wanted to know about classes, my bro said that like in fft, you could combine classes, like having a white mage that can also do red magic, or a black mage that can summon! o.o or a warrior that can use black magic!!!!!!!! lol, is this true??

Bahamut2000X
02-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Umm well to a extent it's like FFT. You have a main class and then at level 18 you can do the sub class quest. A sub class let's you have the abilities (minus the 2 hour) and stats of the sub class. The sub class also can onyl be half the level of the main. So let's say your a 20 warrior and subbing as a monk, your monk can onyl be level 10, if it's over you only receieve the abilites and stats of a level 10 monk but your monk levels still exsist just can't be used until you level your warrior up more. In addition only the main class gains exp.

But something I should mention, mixing magic and fighting classes isn't a good choice. You can do it, but it's generally not worth it. Mainly because a warrior's stats can't add much to a whtie mage, and a black mage's stats can't help out a monk all too well.

Umm I hope this helps explain sub classes.

White Mage Nico
02-02-2004, 10:04 AM
ohhh!!! Well, I was gonna have a white mage sub class red mage, I guess. En magic and Ba Magic seem very useful! (You know, like ENlightning and ba Paralis) Hey, when I have a sub class, can I switch during battle, or does the sub class menu just get added to my battle menu?:whoa: Read that a few times if it didn't make sense lol

oreodragon97
06-19-2004, 01:35 AM
If ur friends r on kujata i might be able to hlp them get the gil for ur world pass. :mog: