PDA

View Full Version : Sin attack

Aerio
01-31-2004, 11:19 PM
This Kinda Applys to X-2 and X. But in the end of X Sin uses Gravitja(spelling?) and makes a 5 way crater into Spira...but in X-2 there are no signs of these craters :P did I miss something? Or did they just figure no one would really care? Oh and for anyone who hates Tidus? Whats yer favorite main FF character of the series? :) just outa curiousity :mad:

Rye
02-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Hey, you're right! They aren't in it =o And my favourite character was Rikku.

Big D
02-24-2004, 10:38 AM
I noticed that; Sin caused some pretty serious damage during that attack but it goes largely unnoticed. Odd.
During the FMV, time seems to stop for a moment before all the displaced matter comes crashing back into the holes left behind by Sin's gravity pulses. The result is a massive plume of fire along the entire length of the holes, a wall of destruction that extends to the boundaries of space. I'm guessing that this destruction left a fairly smooth, albeit scorched, trail behind it once the dust settled.

DocFrance
02-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I guess they just figured no one would notice... but here's what bugs me:

Why is Spira not in complete chaos? You'd think that with the world's main religion and government having vanished, it would take more than two years for everything to get back to normal, wouldn't you?

Psychotic
02-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Spoilery things, so look away now:

And didn't Sin come crashing down on Bevelle? It would have taken longer than two years for them to actually remove the carcass, then rebuild the place into a monument of glory, especially seeing as Yevon had collapsed like DocFrance said.

Nait
02-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Spoilery things, so look away now:

And didn't Sin come crashing down on Bevelle? It would have taken longer than two years for them to actually remove the carcass, then rebuild the place into a monument of glory, especially seeing as Yevon had collapsed like DocFrance said.

It's a summon, silly. :D For a short while, Bevelle must have been the City of Pyreflies.

Big D
02-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by DocFrance
Yeah, I guess they just figured no one would notice... but here's what bugs me:

Why is Spira not in complete chaos? You'd think that with the world's main religion and government having vanished, it would take more than two years for everything to get back to normal, wouldn't you? There is a fair bit of chaos, what with the fighting and power plays between New Yevon, the Youth League and (to a lesser extent) the Machine Faction.
And didn't Sin come crashing down on Bevelle? It would have taken longer than two years for them to actually remove the carcass, then rebuild the place into a monument of glorySin Landed near Bevelle, perhaps over a small part of the city. This can be seen in the FMV. A lot of dirt got flung over the city, but that's all. There was little to no rebuilding to be done. When Sin was finally defeated, it exploded into pyreflies somewhere over the Calm Lands, safely above and away from anything it might harm.

MorningGlow
02-25-2004, 05:04 PM
It did land on bevelle - in FFX-2 barali mentions all the repairs they did and you see and FMV of sin falling down on it!!

Big D
02-25-2004, 11:43 PM
It landed on the coastal area of Bevelle after Cid's airship shot its front legs off, then Sin took to the skies and waited above the city until the final showdown.
After Yu Yevon was defeated, though, sin didn't actually fall and instead just exploded in the air.