PDA

View Full Version : Why do people still call it FF2j?

Genji_Fujiwara444
02-01-2004, 06:27 AM
FF2 was CLEARLY realised in North America, I don't see why people still call it FF2j(We might as well call it FF5j then), although in FF3j's case I can understand it. Yet even on this site's FF2 info, they call it FF2j...

DJZen
02-01-2004, 07:32 AM
It's for clarity's sake. Final Fantasy 4 was originally released in America as Final Fantasy 2, then Final Fantasy 6 was released as Final Fantasy 3. After that Square decided it'd had about enough and simply released Final Fantasy 7 as Final Fantasy 7 (though it was most likely going to be called Final Fantasy 4 at one point, but I digress). Some people grew up with the old naming scheme and get confused if you say "Final Fantasy 2". If you say Final Fantasy 2j there can be no mistake of which game you are referring to.

No one says Final Fantasy 5j because there was never a game released in America under the title "Final Fantasy 5" except the actual game Final Fantasy 5. There's no reason you'd need to clarify which game in the series you're referring to.

Flying Mullet
02-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Yepper, DJZen summed it up rather nicely. It's not called FF2j to specify that it was released in Japan only, but rather to speficy that it's the second one, not the fourth one, in the series.

MagicKnight Locke
02-03-2004, 08:50 AM
I call it ff2j because there are still some idiots out there that dont make the difference between ff3 and ff6 and ff2 and ff4.Thats why i add the j in end so i wouldnt have to spend my time explaining later.

Vermachtnis
02-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I always say FF2/4j for the one with Kain and FF2j for the one with Gus. But, for the one with Locke I just say FF6 and "Onion Kid Game" never comes up.