PDA

View Full Version : FF music idea that's probably not legal

DJZen
02-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Right, I've had this idea. Being a DJ (betcha thought it was just a name) I'd like to make a mixed set out of dance versions of songs from every FF game (including MQ, Tactics, TA and even KH, but not FFA or FFL). There's already some great ones out there like the Almighty remix of Eyes On Me and the PlanitB remix of Simple And Clean which was actually in the game. However, After exhausting OCremix, I found that I wasn't entirely sure which songs needed to be used. Some games had too many anthems to chose from, while others didn't have any at all. In FF6 there were 3 I wanted to use right off the top of my head (Techno De Chocobo, Devil's Lab and Aria De Mezzo Caraterre). I couldn't even think of ONE from FF2. If y'all help me out I'll appreciate it, though I doubt this would ever see a commercial release.

Silent Warrior
02-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, I'm not the person to ask about this sort of thing, but to make it easier for those who do have an educated opinion, shouldn't you edit your post so they'll know which FF2 you're referring to? I mean, FF4 was FF2 in... some countries.

DJZen
02-03-2004, 06:19 AM
Actually, I couldn't think of one from either. Besides, VERY few people refer to FF4 as FF2 anymore.

dancingmadK
06-05-2004, 12:05 PM
make a remix of the Seymour battle, that would be bad azz!

Sefie1999AD
06-05-2004, 02:35 PM
DJzen, I'm quite sure your idea is legal since there are so many midi and even some mp3 remixes out there on fully legal websites. But if you wanted some ideas about which songs to remix, I'll give you some.

FF1: Prologue aka Bridge-Crossing Theme, Matoya's Cave, Main Theme (world map)
FF2: Rebel Army Theme, Main Theme, Imperial Army Theme
FF3j: Eternal Wind, Boundless Ocean, Elia - Maiden of Water, The Invincible
FF4: Red Wings, Theme of Love, Within the Giant
FF5: Ahead on our Way (Light Warriors' theme), Battle with Gilgamesh, Dear Friends
FF6: Tina, Aria di Mezzo Carattere, Cayenne
FF7: Anxious Heart, Crazy Motorcycle, J-E-N-O-V-A
FF8: Eyes on Me (or the theme in general), Force Your Way, The Extreme
FF9: Battle 1, Crossing Those Hills (Melodies of Life theme), You're Not Alone, Dark Messenger
FFX: Spira Unplugged, Auron's Theme, Seymour Battle
FFX-2: Yuna's Theme (or Ballad), Eternity - Memory of Lighwaves, 1000 Words (probably some instrumental version)
FFT: Hero's Theme, Antipyretic, Altima - The Nice Body
KH: Hikari (Simple and Clean) theme, Blast Away - Gummi Ship theme, Spooks of Halloween Town

Feel free to pick any you want. :)

dancingmadK
06-06-2004, 06:36 PM
PLZ, make a remix of the Seymour battle! If not that, then the Shinra Company would do too.

Outsider
06-08-2004, 08:04 PM
If you won't sell it, then I guess it's not illegal.

FF6 - "New Continent", "Mt. Koltz", "Metamorphosis", "The Fierce Battle"
FF4 - "Dreadful Fight", "The Final Battle"

-N-
06-12-2004, 03:17 AM
FFIV:
Agreed - Red Wings would make for a good remix.

FFVI:
Devil's Lab, for sure. Contrasting S1999AD - I myself tried remixing Tina, but I find the melody a bit too slow for a dance remix. Setzer's Theme would be excellent, as well. Oooh, the Floating Continent too, and Kefka's Tower too! Oh man, this is like an amusement park...

FFVII:
Crazy Motorcycle, JENOVA, Still More Fighting, Shinra Company, Cosmo Canyon, Cid's Theme... if you manage Cait Sith's Theme that would be interesting.

FFX:
Agree with S1999AD - Auron's Theme would be totally badass. Otherworld... maybe. And you already have the Prelude mixed for you! You might be able to pull of People of the North Pole as well - but I wouldn't do it, as I love that song's quaint charm.

Those are the soundtracks I know the best (of course, excluding non-FF games). As far as legality is concerned, as long as you're not making any money for it or not claiming full credit for it, you should be fine.

Sefie1999AD
06-12-2004, 12:29 PM
FFVI:
Devil's Lab, for sure. Contrasting S1999AD - I myself tried remixing Tina, but I find the melody a bit too slow for a dance remix.

I've seen a few great remixes about Tina. Check VGMusic site. Tina's Rock Remix and Tina Funk are quite enjoyable remixes.

FFX:
Otherworld... maybe.

I wouldn't recommend that, unless you can get someone to sing the lyrics. Because other than the lyrics, there isn't much melody in the song, apart from a few short guitar riffs between the lyrics parts. Extracting the original singer's voice from the song isn't that easy, either.

DJZen
06-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Wow, thanks for suddenly taking interest, everyone! I'd actually forgotten about doing this and the project still hasn't gotten off the ground. However, now I'm starting to think about it again. I really don't have a lot of free time these days, so I can't say how long this would take to do. Basically I just need to compile the tracks and if there's any holes to fill I can do remixes at a rate of probably one a week if I'm really dedicated. I did start to work on a tracklist though, and here's what I came up with *dusts off old .txt document*

Prelude (Probably going to use Nines' Crystal Rave)
Prologue
-A song from FF1, not yet determined-
-I'm leaning toward Join Them, the overworld theme from FFII-
-A song from FFIII that I haven't picked because I never beat the game-
Red Wings Theme (FFmusicDJ Remix)
Victory Theme
-Never got far in FFV so I don't really know what song to use-
Techno De Chocobo (Original game version, probably)
Devil's Factory (Again, probably the original)
Aria De Mezzo Caraterre (My own remix)
-some song besides OWA from FFVII-
One Winged Angel
Eyes On Me (Almighty Remix)
-maybe Liberalli Fatalli-
-never even started playing FFIX so I have no clue at all what song to use-
-didn't really play X either, except the beginning, but I like it, so I dunno, Another World might find its way in there-

Also, Simple And Clean (PlanitB Remix), a song from Tactics, a song from Tactics Advance and a song from MQ (Probably Mountain Range Of Whirlwinds because there's an awesome remix on Overclocked) will wind up in there somewhere. Again, thanks for taking interest. The only ones I really need help with picking out songs on are III, V, IX and X. Does XI have music? I haven't played that yet either. I just don't know which songs are central themes to the games. If I can get a tracklist figured out the mix is as good as done.

-N-
06-13-2004, 02:29 AM
X - AURON'S THEME!

IX - You're Not Alone. It's not in caps, as I don't feel as passionate about remixing it. :D

DJZen
06-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Don't get passionate until you've heard what my remixes sound like :D

ChocoboRider
06-17-2004, 01:23 AM
hmm, i dont suppose when you're done this will all be available for download? i'm a big supporter of file sharing. you could probably send them all in to ocremix.