PDA

View Full Version : decisions decisions...

DiggyPup
02-01-2004, 11:58 PM
i should've captured, trained, and bred chocobos a long time ago for aeris's great gospel, but now i'm already at wutai and she's about to meet her doom soon. suggestions? should i really spend that much time trying to get it when i won't get to use it much? i don't know, i usually aim to get every character's greatest, you know? also, when she, you know, does any materia equipped on her get lost?
thanks for reading this~

zacks_clone
02-02-2004, 12:43 AM
erm,i can answer the materia question:nope.anything and everything youv got on her goes into your inventory

Lord Xehanort
02-02-2004, 01:08 AM
I can answer your other question. Don't bother! Aeris will die soon and the Great Gospel will mean nothing! It's pretty pointless.

Mo-Nercy
02-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Just proceed with the game and then just lie and tell everyone you got Great Gospel.

Strider
02-02-2004, 07:26 AM
About the chocobo breeding part of your inquiry, you won't get to do that before she dies. To go and get everything necessary for the Great Gospel, you'll have to use the buggy and cross the ocean from Costa del Sol to Junon, then go to the dude's cave to get the Mythril.

And while some people like yourself like to be flawless with their characters, I'll have to agree that it's really not worth it to take the time to build up Aeris if you know she's going to bite the dust.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what we think, though, so if you want to try and do it relatively quick, just travel to the island where the Temple of the Ancients is located, I believe, and fight the giant birds on the beach. Either the Temple Island or Mideel, I think. Anyway, just put Cover on Aeris and keep fighting those things. Use a Hyper, too, if you think you need it.

Breine
02-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by El Mariachi
About the chocobo breeding part of your inquiry, you won't get to do that before she dies. To go and get everything necessary for the Great Gospel, you'll have to use the buggy and cross the ocean from Costa del Sol to Junon, then go to the dude's cave to get the Mythril.
[/spoiler]

I've tried that and it didn't work...

TheSpoonyBard
02-05-2004, 08:01 PM
You have to visit the guy in the Mythril Cave when your battle count is a number that ends in double figures, eg. 55, 322, 8077, etc. He will either give you the Mythril or a Bolt Ring. If you receive the Bolt Ring continue fighting untill your battle count reaches the next number with the same last digits.

crono_logical
02-05-2004, 08:37 PM
I found the Great Gospel quite great against the last boss you get to fight before she leaves your party for good (that wall thing) if you're playing through at rather low levels :p

Originally posted by zacks_clone
erm,i can answer the materia question:nope.anything and everything youv got on her goes into your inventory Yup, nothing like the plundering of the dead :D

DarkNation
02-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Great gospel is by far the best limit break and though aeris dies its good to just get it so you can see it in action and if nothing else, it makes getting through the temple of the ancients simple. If you wanna get it, do as the man says and forget about chocobos. just go back to junon with your buggy and so on...

zacks_clone
02-17-2004, 11:55 PM
man,i hated that wall thing.i'd get great gospil then,if its going to be of help.(( I HATE THE WALL THING!I swear,if i could make S-E do a remake,i'd make sure that...that...THING wasnt in it!)).

ForeverZeroUltima
02-20-2004, 08:20 PM
then where would the challenge be? ;)

i'm trying to get Great Gospel...Aeris is already at Pulse of Life. Cloud, Tifa,and Cid are at their fourth LIMIT...Climhazzard, Meteodrive, and Dragon..

but everytime i try to get Great Gospel the old guy gives me the Bolt Ring...and one time a Bolt Armet...and then a Fire Fing....X_X

and i heard somewhere that, even though the last two digits have to match (44, 166, etc.), i heard that it also has to be between 600-700. (622, 633,.....699). This is confusing!

DarkNation
03-16-2004, 11:46 PM
The last two digits of the amount of battles you have fought have to be the same. It does not have to be between 600 and 700!
If you go in and check with him he telss you how many battles you have fought so the most amount of battles you will ever have to fight once you reach the guy in the cave is 10.

-N-
03-18-2004, 02:33 AM
The best way to level up limits (by killing enemies) is in the Mythril Mines or in the Junon forests. Use Matra Magic or Trine to wipe them out - each battle has 5 enemies in them. For the Great Gospel, you don't need chocobos. You can't even breed them in Disc I... do what the others have been saying.

And Great Gospel is SO worth getting. It is SO awesome, even though Aeris isn't. :D