PDA

View Full Version : mtv really needs to quit doing the super bowl half time show

darkchrono
02-02-2004, 01:37 AM
it makes them look pretty pathetic in front of a world wide audience.

Mtv does not belong anywhere where the main target audience is not a teenager

Spike369
02-02-2004, 01:40 AM
ya but what would you want in a half time show

Erdrick Holmes
02-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Face the fact, Superbowl Halftime shows suck all the time, all they have is crappy rap and pop musicians. They need to get some Metallica on there sometime.

darkchrono
02-02-2004, 02:14 AM
no. What they need to do is do halftime shows that can entertain most age groups. And Mtv (and metallica) are pretty much out of their element in the adult world. Which is what the Super Bowl is based in.

Dr Unne
02-02-2004, 03:33 AM
I turned the TV off once I heard the list of people who were about to <s>sing</s> lip-synch.

PeTeRL90
02-02-2004, 04:36 AM
I didn't watch the halftime show this year, but I heard that Nelly was lip-synching, and ol' Janet had a teet showing.

Doomgaze
02-02-2004, 05:47 AM
Justin Timberlake ripped her top off, yes.

TheAbominatrix
02-02-2004, 05:57 AM
I havent cared about halftime since they stopped showing the Butt Bowl (Beavis and Butthead for those of you who dont remember).

Leeza
02-02-2004, 07:20 AM
Half-time was a definite disappointment.

darkchrono
02-02-2004, 08:05 AM
actually I was watching sportscenter tonight. And during it CBS gave a statement apologizing for the halftime show and the actions of Timberlake and Jackson. And on MSN nfl officials said mtv will not do another show for them.

MTV needs to grow up someday.

They are an extremely poor influence on today's youth.

White Raven
02-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah, WTF? Worst half time ever. Please get someone who can actually play a friggin guitar on stage...I remember at the Super Bowl in 1997 that ZZ Top played in the half time show...I'd much prefer just them over all of these no talent loosers and hookers they have on stage now in days.

Erdrick Holmes
02-02-2004, 02:22 PM
During half time they might as well say, if you gotta go to the bathroom or get something to eat go do it now before the game gets back on!!

jrgen
02-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Everything on mtv sucks so I don't watch it.

Peegee
02-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Unne, you watched the sporting match?

They had Bon Jovi last year. That was enjoyable. They should have more old school rock :)

PeTeRL90
02-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Somebody like the Ramones would be a good halftime show.

Cid
02-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
I turned the TV off once I heard the list of people who were about to <s>sing</s> lip-synch. ]

But you missed some "accidental" nipple exposure, Unner.

Ah well, so did I.

Dr Unne
02-02-2004, 07:44 PM
According to what I read, her nipple was covered up by some sort of starburst-like object.

TheAbominatrix
02-02-2004, 07:48 PM
She had a pastie on, yes. I didnt see it, but I had to hear about it the rest of the day. I'm never able to completly avoid the superbowl, as hard as I try.

edczxcvbnm
02-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Why do they show all these retarded half time shows? Why can't it be like the rest of the season where they do commentary or something else?

Dr Unne
02-02-2004, 08:57 PM
It's not about the football. So many people are watching, people can't help but try to milk some money / attention out of it in whatever way they can.

DocFrance
02-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Which is why the whole Janet Jackson thing was undoubtedly staged.

hyper phreak
02-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
She had a pastie on, yes. I didnt see it, but I had to hear about it the rest of the day. I'm never able to completly avoid the superbowl, as hard as I try.

it wasnt a pastie, it was her nipple piercing that had a big metal ring circling her nipple. i saw the close up pic.

TheAbominatrix
02-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Then why was it spread over her breast from her nipple? I just saw a picture of it, it's a star-shaped pastie.

Leeza
02-02-2004, 11:55 PM
I've got the pic saved and it ain't no ring. It's a big silver star pastie thing, which is something that you wouldn't just normally wear under your clothes unless you planned on having them off at some point.

hyper phreak
02-03-2004, 12:07 AM
its a nipple piercing. ive seen these sold at hot topic.

<b>Image Removed</b>

hyper phreak
02-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Leeza
I've got the pic saved and it ain't no ring. It's a big silver star pastie thing, which is something that you wouldn't just normally wear under your clothes unless you planned on having them off at some point.

pasties cover the nipple. u can clearly see her nipple pokin out there lol

Doomgaze
02-03-2004, 06:16 AM
I've seen the high res picture prior to this - it's some bizarre metal clamp thing, not a pastie.

Dingo Jellybean
02-03-2004, 09:26 PM
What's worst is that CBS may pay a heavy fine from the FCC...even though it wasn't their fault.

Although this is just an assumption, it's more likely JT and JJ's fault. CBS does a great job covering sports and I tend to rely on them for non-publicity stunting. MTV, which is a cable network, is more prone to do something like that...but eh.

The US just needs to lighten up though. They didn't even show a nipple...just some metal thing attached to it. Some people are "outraged", yeah right...give me a break. Only in the US do you find people fining for millions over a nipple that didn't even show. Even in Europe they wouldn't care...all this crap about a right breast that showed needs to stop...it's not like any of us haven't seen it before.

Chzn8r
02-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Didn't see it (we were driving in the car at the time). Glad I didn't. I have not ever liked a Super Bowl half-time show, not for the last 8 years anyway. They need to bring on a band able to appeal to most audiences, rock the stadium, and play their instruments well. But it'd never happen.

Sean
02-04-2004, 12:35 AM
This was an all out attempt for Janet Jackson to try and claim her spotlight in the media, since lately, her profile/reputation has been slipping.

TheAbominatrix
02-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Actually they did show the nipple, with a ring around it, I saw the high res. I was wrong about the pastie. And whether she showed nipple or not, that's just not appropriate on network tv, with young kids watching. I'm all for not freaking out about stuff, but that was just wrong to do during an event like that.

And yes, it was no doubt a stunt to get Jackson some attention, I mean heck, look what kissing did for Spears and Madonna.