PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Anime

Hanoi
02-02-2004, 02:16 AM
I've just started getting into anime like Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D ((Bloodlust)) and Trigun. I was wondering what anime some of you katz like, and if you could recommend me anything.

If not... then that's fine. I understand completely. But don't expect me to send you flowers and make you piping hot tomato soup when you get ill and die.

Spike369
02-02-2004, 02:31 AM
i like trigun but, for me my favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop

Xander
02-02-2004, 01:22 PM
I haven't watched loads, but I like Tenchi Muyo and Ah My Goddess. Ah My Goddess is good if you like sweet kinda things, I think ^_^

Modigliani
02-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Grave of The Fireflies.

Erdrick Holmes
02-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Gundam Wing
Gundam 8th MS Team
Street Fighter
DragonballZ
Vampire Hunter D
Outlaw Star *w00t*
Twilight of the Dark Master *w00t*
Big O

Peegee
02-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto (duh), Pokemon, and maybe DBZ still. Yes definitely DBZ

Juggla
02-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Princess Monoke, Black Jack, Ninja Scroll, Perfect Blue, Vampire Wars, My Neighbour Totoro, Ghost in the shell, Fists of the North Star and many more...

Mr. Graves
02-02-2004, 08:42 PM
I've only really seen 'X' and Revolutionary Girl: Utena, both were very good.

.....I need more anime. Badly.

edczxcvbnm
02-02-2004, 09:47 PM
I like

Evangelion
Kiki's Delivery Service
Gundam Wing
Saiyuki
Dragonball

Those are really my favorites out of everything I have seen.

Erdrick Holmes
02-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Oh and I also like Tenchi, F3, Cool Devices, and La Blue Girl. :D

zacks_clone
02-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Iv only ever watched Tenchi and Sailor Moon.Tenchi was pretty good I think

katana
02-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Hanoi
I've just started getting into anime like Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D ((Bloodlust)) and Trigun. I was wondering what anime some of you katz like, and if you could recommend me anything.

If not... then that's fine. I understand completely. But don't expect me to send you flowers and make you piping hot tomato soup when you get ill and die.

You just named three of the very best anime ever. Cowboy Bebop is good, and I also like Samurai X (the Ruruoni Kenshin OVA), Blood: The Last Vampire, and Ghost in the Shell. Evangelion is a classic, but youre gonna be in for some confusion lol.
And DragonBall Z should not be considered a true anime. There is no plot, bad drawings, and bad animation. All it did was ruin the name of anime and become popular with six year olds.

Spike369
02-03-2004, 12:42 AM
i would need to agree with katana

Germ Hamee
02-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by katana
And DragonBall Z should not be considered a true anime. There is no plot, bad drawings, and bad animation. All it did was ruin the name of anime and become popular with six year olds.

Huh? Since when are crappy shows not allowed to be considered anime? I agree that it sucks really bad, and that it's popularity isn't doing anything good for the image of anime in the US... but there's plenty of anime that's worse. Not all anime kicks ...

Though, what I don't understand, is how sooo many people can hate DBZ yet love Naruto. *tries to figure out how the two are different* Okay, so one has ugly art and animation, while the other has decent art and very nice animation... but they both follow the same annoying formula. x_x Oh well, whatever.

Aaand, my favorite anime are X and Wolf's Rain. I can't choose between them.

Bahamut2000X
02-03-2004, 01:37 AM
My all time favorite is Full Metal Alchemist.

But my next favorites are Evangelion, Trigun, Vandread, Slayer, and s-CRY-ed.

The Captain
02-03-2004, 02:12 AM
I'm a devote fan of almost anything Miyazaki creates as well as the aforementioned Cowboy Bebop.

Miyazaki for the sheer brilliance and beauty of his creations, the quiet moments of profound thought and mind-blowing sights that span the imagination.

Cowboy Bebop mostly for the eclectic musicial scores and the twisting plot, though the images are also to be held in awe by me.

Take care all.

eternalshiva
02-03-2004, 02:53 AM
I love Angel Sanctuary, X-1999, Inuyasha, Princess Monoke, Spirited Away *ponders* there's more I just can't recall them all.

fire_of_avalon
02-03-2004, 02:57 AM
:D

Series:
Gundam Wing (The Best of the entire Gundam....thing)
Noir
Ruroni Kenshin (Samurai X SUCKS comparably)
Outlaw Star
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Serial Experiments Lain (or what I've seen thus far)

Movies:
GW Endless Waltz
Ghost In the Shell
Vampire Hunter D (though I've yet to see Bloodlust)
Princess Mononoke

I like anime ALOT. Incidentally, if anyone has anything they think I should see, please PM me.

tomothy
02-03-2004, 02:58 AM
FMP, kill bill :D? and FLCL cos its fully cool...y :mad:

Hanoi
02-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by katana
You just named three of the very best anime ever. Cowboy Bebop is good, and I also like Samurai X (the Ruruoni Kenshin OVA), Blood: The Last Vampire, and Ghost in the Shell. Evangelion is a classic, but youre gonna be in for some confusion lol.
I've seen the first few episodes of Evangelion. But, I made the mistake of watching the End of Evangelion too... which is perhaps one of the most peculiar films I've ever encountered.

It’s like a violent cheese dream.

Breine
02-03-2004, 02:21 PM
'Tonari No Totoro' is just great... Love it :love:

Caltrap
02-03-2004, 02:44 PM
I like Inuyasha a lot. (The series, not the dude. Sango all the way.)
And I gotta agree that DBZ sucks. Dragonball was alright, but DBZ has virtually zero plot and its sorta ruining the image of anime in the west. Of course and as usual, this is all in my humble opinion

Khaotic
02-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Chobits :D

Erdrick Holmes
02-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by PyroStatiK
Chobits :D

Agreed. Anyone ever see Plastic Little? It drool over that movie.

Juggla
02-05-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Caltrap
but DBZ has virtually zero plot and its sorta ruining the image of anime in the west. Of course and as usual, this is all in my humble opinion

It has no plot because over 50% of the show is usually cut out for North American viewers if you have seen the original episodes there is more of a plot.

A movie that has a cat that turns into a bus is just messed and very interesting to watch :D on another note i heard that Disney had bought the rights to do an english translation of the movie My Neighbour Totoro. I hope they dont edit it to hell. Also Breine how did you see it? Is there a dubbed or subbed version? My gf brought back a copy from Japan when she went and she taught me some japanese and translated things i didnt understand for me but i would like to get it in a dubbed or subbed format.

Sean
02-05-2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Joel
Vampire Hunter D
Indeed.

Gene Ohm
02-05-2004, 05:34 PM
bah i didnt get to see vampire hunter D yet, its supposed to be awesome *pounts**stabs it*

but at the moment my fav is DragonHalf cos its so dumb its hilarious :)

other than that..?
Evengelion
Tenchi Muyo
Dragonball (ignore Z and GT, they suck)
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Chobits
Hellsing

I cant remember any others by name.. blah..

Climhazzard
02-06-2004, 05:57 AM
Well here are my favs...

Evangelion
X the series
Noir
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Macross Plus

There are countless others, so I wont list them all.

fire_of_avalon
02-06-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Climhazzard
Well here are my favs...

Evangelion
X the series
Noir
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Macross Plus

There are countless others, so I wont list them all.

:D Hurray! Another Noir fan!

La Femme Merekia
02-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Macross 7, II and Plus, Love Hina, Excel Saga, Ayashi No Ceres, Slayers, Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water, Angelic Layer, Escaflone, Bubblegum Crisis, Record of Lodoss War, Ramna, Jungle Wa Itsu Hale Nochi Guu, Fushigi Yuugi, .hack SIGN, FLCL, El Hazard, Martian Successor Nadesico, and The Irresponsible Captain Tyler.

I'll find some more, sometime.

Peegee
02-06-2004, 12:30 PM
DBZ has some good points in the movies. If the dvd movies by that annoying funimation company were subtitled, I might actually consider buying them.

-_-;

Erdrick Holmes
02-06-2004, 02:16 PM
DBZ is practically dead in Japan, it's about 95 percent owned by the US due to it's raging popularity there.

Anywho also have a taste for Gunsmith Cats and Biohunter as well.

katana
02-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Manga: Raganarok, Hellsing, Samurai Deeper Kyo
Anime: Hellsing, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun
Movies and OVAs: Samurai X, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Ghost in the Shell, End of Evangelion.

Add to that a little, and theres your basis for pure, kicking anime. And I forgot to add FLCL. For nonstop coolness.

Shoeberto
02-06-2004, 05:19 PM
<font color="#009999">
Escaflowne, both movie and series. They're each very different from each other, actually.

Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, and Blue Sub Six are also all good. I am a mainstream whore.

selphie666
02-24-2004, 03:03 AM
My fave animes are:

Demon Diary
Zodiac P.I.
Naruto
Sailor Moon
Yu-Gi-Oh

and... that's it.

escobert
02-24-2004, 03:10 AM
Outlaw star
DBZ
Gundam besides G gundam. I didnt liek G gundam
.Hack series
Escaflowne
and Rouroni Kenshin

ShiggtyLuffLuff
02-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Trigun-1
Hellsing-2
Gundam wing-3
Rouroni Kenshin-4
Bible Black-5 (Yay for Hentai XD)

... them would be me top five choices, i like the more mature Anime then the childish type ones...oh and i cant forget Dragon Ball Z as 6 since thats the OG of anime to me

Fuzakeru
02-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Hmm. Yet another anime thread. *Nods*
1.) Trigun
2.) Love Hina
3.) Ayashi no Ceres
4.) Chobits
5.) Outlaw Star
6.) Fushigi Yuugi

. . . pokemon . . . hehe. Pie Guy Sempai r teh sux.

TheLion'sAngel
02-24-2004, 09:52 PM
I love Nightwalker...that's such a cool anime

TTFN,
Lion's Angel :mog: :choc:

escobert
02-24-2004, 10:24 PM
I ahvent seen trigun yet :( I saw part of one episode on CN I wanna see it but I have no money and noone watched anime around here. Well people do but they all scare me.

Todie
03-10-2004, 04:57 AM
I used to follow the Sailor Moon series when it was on cartoon network a lot when I was in late middle school/early high school. But they got rid of it *grumbles*
I also used to watch Chobits....."Chi?" ....Gundam Wing, and Tenchi. I liked Tenchi because Ryo-oki was just plain awesome and Washu was crazy.
I've never seen Love Hina but I love the theme song!

Movies
Princes Mononoke
Gundam Moble Suit (I don't remember exactly what the name was)

It's been a while since I've watched all the stuff. Anybody got any recommendation as to what I should check out if I've got time?????:greenie:

EternalBahamut
03-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Inu yesha is starting to grow on me

eternalshiva
03-12-2004, 03:19 AM
omg!! they brought back ASTRO BOY!!! xD *freaks out* I :love: that anime!! I used to watch it when I was like 5!! xDD

I also just got into Full Metal Alchemist :/ but I haven't seen enough of it to go crazy yet.
and the two Inuyasha movies were excellent! I was really surprised with the end result. A lot of the times Movies form series are really weird... especially if they are trying to stick the whole series in a 1 hour movie *thinks of X-1999*

I want to add Ah! My goddess to the list I posted earlier xD

d20{fx}
03-15-2004, 05:40 AM
Evangelion,FMP,FMP2,trigun,Blood:the last vampire,Ghost in the shell,Love Hina,Ninja scroll,cowboy bebop.

All great anime.
Especially FMP2,funniest thing around.

edczxcvbnm
03-15-2004, 08:08 PM
I have just finished watching

.hack//sign
.hack//liminality

I greatly enjoyed .hack//sign and they way they abruptly ended the whole series. The way they did it will piss a lot of people off but I suspect that the story will continue in the world of the .hack games. This was lead on to because I watched liminality(which seems to corrdinate with the game series and seems to have back story in .hack//sign.

Overall it is quite the interesting series. By far the best music of any cartoon series I have ever seen(same person is doing the music for the story scenes in Xenosaga II so I am extremely pumped).

Lord Chainsaw
03-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Sailor Moon is the only anime I've ever really cared for.

The sucky thing was DiC getting the rights to it.

That show had some kick ass villains like Demando and Fiore. I lost interest in the Cartoon Network version after they made Michiru and Haruka "cousins".

I'm just curious... Did they ever reach Stars? What would they have done about those three guys from Stars?

crono_logical
03-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Stars never got licensed, no. The newer musicals are far better than the anime anyway :D

Max
03-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Ranma1/2,FLCL,Cowboy Bebop,Blue Seed,Evagilation,Trigun.

Ethéré
03-17-2004, 03:59 AM
evangelion-
whats up with the live action version anyway

inuyasha-
much better subbed, they kidded it down in eng. its a bit too much like a soap opera though(Sesshoumaru yum)

magic knights rayearth-old, but RPGish anime, the manga is loads better though

MasterAdept
03-17-2004, 08:38 AM
I love Beyblade!

Kurohime
03-18-2004, 03:28 AM
It's all about Inuyasha for me. Both the manga and the anime. And YES, the only way I can stand watching and reading it is in Japanese. Whenever I hear the dub I want to gauge my eyes out.

That's why Shonen Sunday RULEX0rsS! :P

MasterAdept
03-18-2004, 04:42 AM
My fav would be Beyblade.

Germ Hamee
03-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
I also just got into Full Metal Alchemist :/ but I haven't seen enough of it to go crazy yet.

Oooo. *_* I am completely in love with that series. I'm a few episodes behind as I've had a busy month, but oi. So far it's the only thing running that I'm interested in. Al is so cute.

Hmm... for those that enjoy Ah! My Goddess, but don't keep up with anime news, you'll be interested to hear there will apparantly be a new OAV on the way, along with a series. (So I read on a message board, but either way I know for a fact we're getting more A!MG anime) :D Hopefully they pull it off!

TsZcRaIdEn17
03-28-2004, 08:21 AM
I like Samurai X (my all time favorite), Naruto, Shaman King, Ranma 1/2 and Get Backers.:D

gnu factory choice
03-28-2004, 08:53 AM
sailor moon (earlier episodes) and im a guy.. whatev it was such a sweet show when i was about 10. now its all about the kill bill anime sequence :cool:

Duo
03-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Reyn Though, what I don't understand, is how sooo many people can hate DBZ yet love Naruto. *tries to figure out how the two are different* Okay, so one has ugly art and animation, while the other has decent art and very nice animation... but they both follow the same annoying formula. x_x Oh well, whatever.

Yeah, but the characters in Naruto are awesome, and even though they do tend to draw out fight scenes for too long, it's not as predictable as DBZ, nor does it take as long. It's a bit like DBZ, but done better, and the characterisation really can be incredible in it. IMO.

Favourites: Love Hina, Naruto, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Flame of Recca.

Eh.

ZellMog
03-28-2004, 03:11 PM
G Gundam, Visions of Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star... A few others.

And for movies: Vampire Hunter D, without a doubt.

Daryl
03-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Lord Chainsaw
Sailor Moon is the only anime I've ever really cared for.

The sucky thing was DiC getting the rights to it.

That show had some kick ass villains like Demando and Fiore. I lost interest in the Cartoon Network version after they made Michiru and Haruka "cousins".

I'm just curious... Did they ever reach Stars? What would they have done about those three guys from Stars?

Do what I did. Get the fansubbed episodes, or the DVDs in the original Japanese version with English subtitles.

Michiru and Haruka are not so much "cousins" there. And I find the voice acting to be much less annoying.

Watch season five to find out about the Stars. ;)

As to anime I like... I haven't seen much. I absolutely love Sailor Moon - in the Japanese version. The English bastardization annoys me.

In addition to SM, what have I seen? Trigun, FLCL... both are great. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away... good stuff.

Yeah, I need more anime. ;_;

fire_of_avalon
03-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Adding to my list, I finally did see Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and it was pretty. I also saw a couple of episodes of Hellsing and I'm in love. And Love Hina! I like Love Hina.

Asorie
03-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Fullmetal Alchemist is...SO incredibly awesome. Especially the manga, but the anime is beautiful, too. I could rant about the depth and verisimilitude for hours, but suffice it to say that the mythological and historical connections and the political commentary alone would be enough to keep me thoroughly entranced, even if it didn't have the lovely animation, excellent characters, and extremely above-par voice-acting and music. If you haven't already seen it, I can't recommend it enough.

I'm also a big fan of Chrno Crusade, Inuyasha, Scrapped Princess, and Hellsing, among others. Those are just current favorites that come to mind *^_^*

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 03:40 PM
the cliches, evangelion, cowboy bebop, of course. but also

gunbuster, samarui x ovas/reflection, macross plus the movie, perfect blue, ghost in the shell, gits standalone complex, akira, patlabour 2. god damn, there r too many good animes. if ff7 was ever turned into an anime, that would be no 1.

Aphelion
04-10-2004, 11:16 PM
I like Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and Gundam Wing.

Female Ryuichi
04-11-2004, 04:04 PM
My favourite anime is Card Captor Sakura. Not card captors, the awful dub.

I also like Ruroni Kenshin, and she and her cat.

Svartalv
04-15-2004, 11:08 PM
In no particular order:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
GiTS - Stand Alone Complex
Serial Experiments Lain
Chobits
Nausicaa in the Valley of the Wind
Mermaid Forest (the movie)
Mononoke Hime

Ok, better stop now. Probably forgot some, though.

Big D
04-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Is Final Fantasy: Unlimited any good?

Peegee
04-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Oh I also like One Piece

crono_logical
04-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Final Fantasy: Unlimited doesn't deserve the Final Fantasy name :p

Svartalv
04-16-2004, 05:02 AM
Let's just say that FF Unlimited was supposed to be 52 episodes long, but due to it's "popularity" it was reduced to 25 episodes...

Sacred Phoenix
04-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Princess Mononoke (love IT!!!) and Sailor Moon!!

Death Sign
04-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Naruto!!! And Meow meow strawberries!

Mr_Bojangless
04-22-2004, 06:59 PM
ok, I see all you guys' favorite animes, but I'm wondering, you see I don't normally watch anime, but I also haven't seen around 90% of the ones you guys have listed. So my question to you guys is, what anime would you recommend for me to watch, I don't normally like anime, but if you were to get me to like it, what anime would it be?

Jenn
04-23-2004, 12:43 AM
I recommend(to name a few):
1. Inuyasha
2. Witch Hunter Robin
3. Cowboy Bebop (the show and movie :) )
4. NOIR
5. .Hack//
etc........

I almost forgot.... Watch Kenshin.... its good (Rouroni Kenshin)

Death Sign
04-23-2004, 08:24 AM
#1: Naruto... thought it may be to much flashbacks for you!
#2: Meow meow Strawberries... Maybe you'll find it to much like Sailor Moon.
#3: Bleach... No further information about Bleach... Pretty unique!

Female Ryuichi
05-02-2004, 12:56 PM
ok, I see all you guys' favorite animes, but I'm wondering, you see I don't normally watch anime, but I also haven't seen around 90% of the ones you guys have listed. So my question to you guys is, what anime would you recommend for me to watch, I don't normally like anime, but if you were to get me to like it, what anime would it be?

I would recommend Trigun, and Kare Kano.

sora
05-02-2004, 01:27 PM
as anyone saw akira that is pretty good

Mo-Nercy
05-02-2004, 01:36 PM
I thought Akira was disgusting when I first saw it. (I was like 10, alright!) Now I think it's really good, disgusting in a sick/good way.

Movies, I like Ghost in the Shell. And series, I like Hellsing.

Ritsu*
05-03-2004, 06:01 AM
Rurouni Kenshin, Chobits, Love Hina would be my main pick and also Fruits Basket cause I love the characters ^_^

fire_of_avalon
05-03-2004, 06:10 AM
Perfect Blue was scary.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Evangelion
bubblegum crisis
Akira
Ninja scroll
DBZ
Ruroni Kenshin
Ghost fighters
Spirited away

and sailor moon....ONLY BECAUSE AFETR WATCHING ONE EPISODE IT GOT ME STARTED ON DRAWING ANIME

Spuuky
05-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Perfect Blue.

sora
05-03-2004, 12:09 PM
here are some wot i like akira,rg veda,dbz,db,dbgt well they are my fav five

Lander
05-16-2004, 01:01 AM
I watch Rune Soldier Louie, Oh My Goddess, Night Warriors, .Hack//Sign and I've seen a bunch of others that I liked such as Green Legend Ran, Birdy the Mighty and the older Final Fantasy show.

Phil
05-16-2004, 02:46 AM
*deep breath* King of bandit jing, trigun, flcl, big o, neon genesis evangelion, rurouni kenshin, .hack, inuyasha, dbz,dgt, chobits, samurai deeper, shaman king, dnangel, and many more........ :jap:

Silmaril
05-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Trigun and Spirited Awway (i really loved it) and pokemon.

Jenn
05-18-2004, 02:13 AM
Well i personally watch Inuyasha, NOIR, Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, .Hack//, Witch Hunter Robin, Trigun, (new) Wolf's Rain (new), and some other shows... A lot of those are action...... :) yessssss.

Marvelous-Shiva
05-28-2004, 04:50 AM
Well I just have to say that I agree, all the Dragon Ball series suck(DBZ,GT,etc.). It's the worst thing Funimation ever created. I'm not a fan of Inuyasha either, but I won't even get into that. Cowboy Bebop rocks. I like Trigun, Fooly Cooly, Aeon Flux, Blue Gender, Wolf's Rain was alright although I've only watched a few episodes... Witch Hunter Robin, and the movie Akira was the shiznit. The Animatrix was pretty cool too.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

aeris2001x2
05-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Well I just have to say that I agree, all the Dragon Ball series suck(DBZ,GT,etc.). It's the worst thing Funimation ever created. I'm not a fan of Inuyasha either, but I won't even get into that. Cowboy Bebop rocks. I like Trigun, Fooly Cooly, Aeon Flux, Blue Gender, Wolf's Rain was alright although I've only watched a few episodes... Witch Hunter Robin, and the movie Akira was the shiznit. The Animatrix was pretty cool too.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

no dbzgt is the worst thing funimation ever chunrned out, dbz on the other hand is even better then fist of the north star.

eestlinc
05-29-2004, 06:08 AM
Cowboy Bebop is cool as hell.

Kiroku
06-01-2004, 01:04 AM
My favorite is Naruto, Trigun, and FullMetal Alchemist(why did Funimation have to license FullMetal Alchemist it would have been so much better if say pionear did it.) I hope Naruto doesn't end up like that.

TEST
06-10-2004, 06:43 AM
best anime.......Cowboy Bebop!